Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII  (Read 68822 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2018, 02:42:18 AM »
Thank you to everyone who was able to post. This one was a little bit shorter, but it gets the job done. I did god mod Gulgrim slightly but not too much, though Jharm may not agree. :p

As I stated in an earlier post, I'm on call for 7 days starting Monday, so I will more than likely not be able to post again until the 12th. If anything changes, you'll be the first to know.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2018, 03:52:28 AM »
I did god mod Gulgrim slightly but not too much, though Jharm may not agree. :p

Nah looks fine to me.  It's not going to be enough to stop Jharm...perhaps slow him down for a moment...but thats just going to piss him off even more.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2018, 01:45:45 PM »
Works for me. Sorry I haven't been able to post lately, work with the post office and blizzcon have been keeping me busy 24/7.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2018, 06:41:03 AM »
I intend to try and get a post up within the next day or two.  My next day off is Sunday so at the latest it'll happen then.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2018, 05:28:50 PM »
Soul Reaver has erected a magical seal around the tower.  It's designed to block things getting in or out - specifically Warp energy, to block Abaddon from continually soaking up more.  Unfortunately that may affect Mary too unless she can generate her own.

Soul Reaver controls physical access through the barrier - by default it will resist phsyical access and respond with a violent jolt of energy, but he could choose to let friendly elements through (they'll feel some resistance like trying to walk through a wall of molasses and something similar to electrical static, but it won't do any harm).

Peterson unfortunately is inside the barrier, as he arrived before it was erected.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #85 on: November 09, 2018, 02:45:26 AM »
Jharm continues his head-on assault to keep Abaddon focused on him and not whatever the others might be up to, though the Seraphim doesn't really seem to be acknowledging anyone else in the area at this point outside of his brief response to Peterson.  The glow coming from within him is so bright at this point that even for the Companions its almost...uncomfortable to look at him, and for Abaddon its is as if she is trying to look directly into the Sun.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2018, 05:39:52 PM »
It looks like we're still waiting on a few people to post. I'll give them until Saturday and then I'll be moving on.

In the mean time...

Soul Reaver has erected a magical seal around the tower.  It's designed to block things getting in or out - specifically Warp energy, to block Abaddon from continually soaking up more.  Unfortunately that may affect Mary too unless she can generate her own.

Soul Reaver, please check your PMs. I may need you to edit your post.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2018, 02:10:03 PM »
Apologies for the lag. I'll have a post by tonight.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2018, 05:58:19 PM »
I've edited my post.  As per Cameron, the Warp Energy is spewing from the broken seal.  As a result, Soul Reaver's spell has manifested differently - it's been cast not on the tower, but on Abaddon, and is much smaller.

- Being considerably smaller, it's more concentrated and harder to break
- It's only blocking the warp energy that Abaddon has been absorbing.  Other things will pass through just fine in both directions including spells and physical objects.  Its surface rejects Warp energy violently though, including raw warp energy inside other things.
- It will travel with Abaddon and its size (and shape if necessary) will adjust according to his own.  Trying to teleport will teleport the shield as well, and trying to teleport 'into' a source of warp energy will result in the barrier displacing either the warp energy source and/or the teleportee at the instant of arrival to keep them apart (possibly with physically violent outcomes).
- Because the barrier is now on a sentient, mobile being rather than an inanimate location, Soul Reaver requires more focus to keep it in place.  He's taken a more defensive stance in preparation.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2018, 02:53:55 PM »
Finally got the time to put a post in, sorry about that.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2018, 02:14:13 PM »
Danyael's still not attacking, but his echoes are now flanking Cameron, ready to assist. Other than that, he is keeping on the defensive.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2018, 11:39:37 PM »
Just a heads up. There's a very good possibility that I will not finish my post today. If that happens, I will post on Monday instead. I have that day off work so there should not be a significant delay.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2018, 12:54:00 PM »
Well, this is stupid. I finished my post late last night but I apparently forgot to actually post it. I'll take care of that when I get home from work. My apologies.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2018, 11:23:59 PM »
Abbadon has gone completely on the defensive as she works on a counter to Soul Reaver's spell. This will make it harder to land hits on her during your next post but at least gives you time to come up with something that doesn't have to include a defense.

Let me know if there are any problems or questions.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #94 on: November 22, 2018, 05:43:21 AM »
Jharm is pretty much attempting to do a sensory overload of sorts to Abaddon.  Thousands...millions of voices all shouting and screaming around her at one time, intending on hampering her ability to focus on completing whatever spell she is trying to cast right now through all of the din.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: November 26, 2018, 05:08:49 PM »
My post is pretty straightforward.  Soul Reaver's Shockwave spell is a very high-level, fast-casting combat spell.

It's normally fired in a wide arc, but he's focused it into a narrow cone.  It's basically pure force and damage, appearing as a shockwave of white energy with a bluish trail behind it.  Human sized targets would be blasted completely off their feet (and turned into a fine red mist).  Abaddon's too big for that but she'd struggle to remain standing, let alone maintain a defensive stance/retain concentration.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2018, 03:29:26 AM »
Still waiting on a few people. I'll wait until the end of the week before I start working on my next one.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2018, 01:27:40 PM »
I'll have a post up no later than tomorrow. But I'll aim for tonight.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2018, 10:34:34 PM »
Apologies for the delay. Danyael's still not attacking, but he is taking action. He's taken the echoes of the field, but is now (as described in the post) making more use of the spheres, quadrupling their number from 4 to 16. Through the Yamato and the 16 spheres, a strong frequency is emitting from them, with Danyael now (through use of his perceptions of energies) taking on an eerily unpredictable form. He's not attacking, however, but those who are particularly sensitive to warp energy (Mary and Abbadon) could sense the coming disturbance - if you so choose to write it in your next post. The voices coming from his new (and very temporary) form are also so focused that the physical waves of sound are subtly pushing against Abbadon (or Abbadon's barrier). But this isn't, and shouldn't be, considered as an attack.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #99 on: December 04, 2018, 07:50:12 AM »
Sorry for not getting a post up this weekend as planned. I'll have something up by the end of today.