Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII  (Read 68742 times)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII
« Reply #100 on: December 04, 2018, 09:19:38 AM »
Sorry!  I'm getting over a nasty, knock down illness from last week.

I'll get something up today.

edit:  Oof, oof, I should proofread a little better before hitting maek poast.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 10:34:20 AM by Kitharsis »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2018, 09:44:14 PM »
My apologies again. Work and personal issues are conspiring to keep me away from writing a post this week.

I will have a post up no later than tomorrow night. I am authorizing Jharm to post on my behalf if I do not have something posted by 12:00 AM EDT on 12/7.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #102 on: December 07, 2018, 12:26:50 AM »
Well, 23 minutes past the deadline, but I beat Jharm so it still counts.  ::)

I'll be posting something for Cameron, Mary, and Peterson later on. More than likely this weekend. But for now, this should be enough for everyone to respond to. The "hastily borrowed from the Fei Serumen playbook" attack Abbadon unleashed is targeting everyone on the field, so be sure to react accordingly. Let me know if I missed anything.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #103 on: December 07, 2018, 10:38:02 PM »
Posts from me will be pretty irregular throughout the christmas season because post office work offers no free time. Sorry if I don't manage to get a post out for a while.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2018, 10:39:59 PM »
So Jharm has kind of done something similiar to what Abaddon did earlier.  All of the Light energy he had been using during the fight he was actually gathering inside of him until finally it was too much for his form to contain and it all exploded outwards into a "nuclear" explosion.  Course in this case its an explosion of pure concentrated Light instead of any sort of "conventional" style explosion.  It has seemingly left him completely exposed though as he has returned to his normal state and seems to be unresponsive at the moment.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2018, 06:29:38 PM »
Think I'm going to need a bit of an idea of how Jharm's attack will affect the battlefield before I can reply.

Does it affect the companions in any way (positive or negative)?
Will it hurt or disintegrate all the tentacles?
Did it affect Peterson?
Did it affect Abaddon's shell (or Abaddon itself)?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2018, 06:57:22 PM »
Think I'm going to need a bit of an idea of how Jharm's attack will affect the battlefield before I can reply.

Did it affect Peterson?

I could also use some clarification on this.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2018, 01:54:21 PM »

Did it affect Peterson?

I could also use some clarification on this.

Well since its pure Light I would say it is harmful to the tentacles, Peterson, and Abaddon (or at least the shell, dunno how strong the shell is if it can punch through that and still reach Abaddon).  As far as the Companions it would be the opposite (destroys evil restores good sort of thing.) with the only semi-evil aspect of any Companion being Blooddrinker (who since he is within the sword as well as a very powerful demon would likely just not enjoy it) since Sepher has poofed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2018, 11:22:04 AM »
Something brief just to maintain Gulgrim's presence in the fight and establish a harrying stance from the ork warboss. It's not long, but it lays out his current approach.

Wanted to at least get something down with how busy I've been lately.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2018, 11:33:37 AM »
I'll have a post up by tonight. Also been busy.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #110 on: December 15, 2018, 12:51:28 PM »
Not going to have time to post this weekend, which is fine, cause Kitharsis and Danyael still haven't posted either. If they both manage to post by midweek, I'll see if I can get something up Wednesday or Thursday. If not, I will god mod anyone who hasn't posted yet next Saturday.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #111 on: December 16, 2018, 04:52:22 PM »
Not going to have time to post this weekend, which is fine, cause Kitharsis and Danyael still haven't posted either. If they both manage to post by midweek, I'll see if I can get something up Wednesday or Thursday. If not, I will god mod anyone who hasn't posted yet next Saturday.

Soul Reaver hasn't posted either :-p, not that that changes much of anything but just mentioning it.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2018, 02:02:36 PM »
I'm working on a post. 

Checking in with Soul Reaver to determine our course of action.

I suppose I should ask, is it certain that Kitharsis and Soul Reaver will be colliding with each other?  Or can we attempt to dodge each other?   :-X
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 04:51:46 PM by Kitharsis »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2018, 01:15:11 PM »
Will be posting tonight before 12.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2018, 05:44:20 PM »
Soul Reaver has cast Fire Shield on himself - it will burn anything that attempts to attack him.  The spell is defensively reactive - that is, it's hottest in response to offensive, close range action.  Unless the tentacles are immune to magical fire they'll be incinerated.

He's also trying to use a Shatter spell to destroy Abaddon's cocoon.  The spell basically is designed to break things - the more flawed a thing is, the easier it is forthe caster to break.  A normal item would definitely be destroyed with little effort, while a powerful magical artifact would be much more resistant, or even immune.  If the obsidian shell has taken a beating already from Gulgrim and Jharm, it'll likely have more flaws and will be more prone to being destroyed.

If it succeeds, an Implosion spell will go off to drive the obsidian shards into Abaddon.  Soul Reaver is ready for Abaddon to respond violently to his attack (probably with Drach'nyen) so he's ready to parry with his free hand, but his ultimate goal is to capitalize on the Implosion and skewer Abaddon with Blooddrinker.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2018, 12:05:59 AM »
Working on a post, trying to take everyone else's posts into consideration without making it too long.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #116 on: December 19, 2018, 12:32:25 AM »
Will edit it some more tomorrow, along with an OOC explanation.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2018, 10:40:20 PM »
A bit of a god mod there from you, Danyael, but I can write around it so don't worry about editing. I'm guessing that the reasoning for that may have been in the OOC you were planning on posting, but I understand people are busy this time of year.

I should have a post up no later than tomorrow night, and then I will not be posting again until after the holidays.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #118 on: December 24, 2018, 01:16:34 AM »
And here I thought was being careful. Yes, I was going to edit, but then I saw the OOC from you and thought I should see where I god moded, so I can fix it. I don't mind editing if you show me where I made the foul. In a private message, preferably.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 01:18:33 AM by Danyael »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #119 on: December 24, 2018, 12:25:13 PM »
And here I thought was being careful. Yes, I was going to edit, but then I saw the OOC from you and thought I should see where I god moded, so I can fix it. I don't mind editing if you show me where I made the foul. In a private message, preferably.

No, please don't bother editing. This is the last day I have available to post until after the holidays, so I don't have time to wait for an edit. Like I said, it was minor, and I wrote around it.

RIP Abbadon. Hope you didn't think we'd be ending a Board Battle involving the Eye of Terror without the Ruinous Powers showing their faces. We have now officially moved into the final phase of this fight. Everyone is essentially inside of the Warp at this point. Mary gave you all a shield before she left so you don't have to worry about any negative effects, but keep in mind how this may affect certain spells or things that you summon. As stated, the Avatar is about 6 stories tall and bristling with weapons, but it is not actually attacking (yet.) Cameron, Mary, and Peterson are essentially gone at this point. You would have to enter the warp to try and locate them and doing so will remove you from this fight permanently.

As stated, I will not be posting again until after the holidays. Have a Merry Christmas for those who celebrate it and a Happy New Year. I'll be back in January.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 12:38:27 PM by Cameron »