Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 3  (Read 50784 times)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 3
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2010, 10:09:36 PM »
Holy crap Faidth, that was hilarious!

You captured Faile perfectly, having her only tap rather than tear.  I wasn't going to have her harm Bran if I could help it.  Bravo!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2010, 11:03:19 PM »
Thanks. :)

I thought it suited her: giving him a stern bird lecture then making him pay for his insolence via a lesson in humility. I don't think that poor boy will ever look at a bag the same way again!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 11:36:44 AM »
Since my last post was my final attack, I figured I'd have Sig end this with some class. Of course, whether or not it actually goes that route is up to Sembas.  8)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 10:13:51 PM »
Okay, I'll be rather indisposed tomorrow. Likely on Sunday, I will be posting a big plot/character development exposition, during which, all unconscious characters will awaken and rejoin the story.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2010, 02:29:19 AM »
*pokes head out from the door*

I can post soon? Oh thank the Divine!!! I was near tempted to post a dream simply to get someTHING going.
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2010, 09:01:33 PM »
It's not MY fault you got knocked unconscious. :P   Get some offensive spells, n00b!

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2010, 05:10:49 AM »
Well theoretically, with you being the battle master and being able to show the final outcome of actions... and controlling Bran... Plus the fact that I was dancing means that I can't use any spells anyway :P

Ahha! Counter!

Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2010, 09:00:40 AM »
If you would have had Sembas attack Sig instead of you, there wouldn't have been any dancing.  ;)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2010, 06:17:22 PM »
Feel free to interact with your respective NPCs. The next big plot exposition is en route.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2010, 05:29:37 AM »
However, he can no longer see his own, exposed flesh, and for that he should be grateful. Despite the pain that still resides in his body, he knows that if it were not for Hestia’s interventions, he likely would have been incapacitated much longer.

As he sits up, he realizes that Jonas is seated in a high-backed chair beside him. The Butcher regards him quietly, but there is a certain expression of relief upon his face in knowing that Faran will be just fine.

Just a slight question here: Faran's had his eyelids cut off, and the skin's probably healed. Thing is, I can't imagine how he wouldn't be able to see his own exposed flesh BUT still be able to see Jonas sitting on a high-backed chair. I think I'm misinterpreting here, but I can't resolve it. I won't be posting on it since Fenwick is somewhere else (I presume), but it's just something that bugs me.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2010, 09:21:19 AM »
Not really sure how you misinterpreted that, as the meaning is self-evident. He can't see his own, exposed flesh because the skin has grown back, hence the reference to Hestia patching it up. If the skin had not been replaced, I would have made some reference to it still  being exposed. Translation: He can no longer see any exposed flesh because it has all healed.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2010, 10:43:24 AM »
Oh pfft, my bad. I read 'His skin is still in the process of reforming, a task which may take yet another week or so' and then 'however, he couldn't... ...exposed flesh' and I was like what? Ok then he's blind. Then that didn't work out. I just thought that if it was still reforming there would be at least a few patches here and there.

Thanks for that!

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2010, 09:30:34 AM »
My reply has finally come in the break of the exams! Just one more week and a day left to go!

Faidth, mind if I ask what's the plan for the story? Do we have time to move around and do things? I was planning to get Fenwick to interact with Faran, but we could do that any time as the plot moves, so don't worry if Fenwick's barred from visiting to get the plot moving or something like that.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2010, 02:03:21 PM »
I'd REALLY like to get the plot moving, but if you'd like to have an in-character discussion with Faran, I am totally okay with that. In fact, I'll make some adaptations:

1.) Sembas: When you finish your carousing scene, I am going to send you on a scouting mission with Archer.

2.) Depheir: Dethys will continue to work on a formula or some kind of incantation to mask your motivations so that you may infiltrate Darastae.

3.) Fenwick- You may have some time to converse with Faran and pursue your own interests.

4.) Faran- You will have time to converse with Fenwick and begin training with Jonas. It is highly possible that Jonas may be taking you somewhere, as well.

5.) Sig- Post, you bum.  :P
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:46:12 PM by Faidth »

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 02:34:44 AM »
So sorry for the delay! My exams are OVER though :D So I should be posting more often now :) Again, apologies for the wait.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 06:59:09 AM »
Post up by the end of the day. Scout's honor.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2010, 09:50:22 PM »
@Kith: I'll probably throw in a post for you tomorrow. We'll gracefully end your dance with Smith and we'll get you out and about on that scouting mission with Archer.

@Depheir: Let me know what you intend to do ASAP so I can facilitate it for you.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2010, 08:02:28 PM »
@Kith: Sorry for the delay. I had an after-school program to attend to this week and I've been trying to finish my book review for a graduate class I'm taking. Excuses aside, my post for you is about half done and will be complete by tomorrow.

@Sig: POST! YOU BUM!

@All: Rethagos had informed me that he does not have time to post currently, so I will be putting up a god-mod for him as well.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2010, 09:11:45 PM »
No worries, we all get busy.  Thanks for the update either way.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2010, 09:43:26 PM »
Not sure if I'm allowed to say that Cleo's left. It's just something that I thought would have happened. If it's a problem I can edit it :)

I graduate today! woohoo!