Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Poll

Choose the next Epic Battle Master.

Kitharsis
6 (85.7%)
Jharm
1 (14.3%)
Shadow Chorus
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: May 15, 2011, 08:51:06 AM

Author Topic: New Epic Battle Master needed.  (Read 15907 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: New Epic Battle Master needed.
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2011, 09:58:58 PM »
it's not exactly pvp. More of a diverging of interests. Something that makes them going after two different ends, whether they really want to hit each other or not.

Person A) goes after an object for one reason, person B) goes for another, and those reasons conflict, etc. Actual combat between the characters is entirely up to their typists. I'm thinking more along the lines of angry banter and threats that aren't often carried through on.

And I guess if people like it, I'll make it an official suggestion.

I'll give an example:

"Finally." Seth sighed, approaching the artifact. His hand outstretched to grasp it, when his ally stormed into the room. "Seth, I need that artifact!" they shouted, reaching for it, only to have Seth grasp it and pull it to himself. "And I too need it." He said, holding it in his hands.

"Seth, give me the artifact, or I swear I will regret what I will do to you."

"I'm already gone, brother. There's nothing you can do." Seth said, and with that he was, indeed, gone, his time magic having spirited him away.

Something like that. But with more angry death glares between Reaver and someone else and lots of angry threats and staredowns.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 10:05:49 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2011, 11:17:31 PM »
Seems like it could be an interesting idea, as long as players keep their egos in check.

We've had problems with that in the past.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 12:08:53 AM »
Exactly...trying to make sure people dont take things too far in situations like that can be quite difficult, especially online.  Still sounds like a decent idea to try but will probably require some more attention then most BB's would need, thats all.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2011, 08:52:33 AM »
Okay. I have started the poll. Voting will close on May 15th, at which point the new Battle Master will be announced.

Kitharsis, Jharm, and Shadow Chorus: Please repost your ideas, including as much detail as possible. I want to make sure that everyone knows exactly what they are voting for.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2011, 09:50:44 PM »
My idea was a step away from the traditional physical violence of the BB and into a more mental battlefield, stressing friendships and pitting allies against each other. While the character's won't necessarily fight each other, they will be striving to achieve conflicting goals, which will be decided with the advancement of the plot. There will still be some good traditional combat, but it will focus more on the characters' personalities and how they react outside of the battlefield. A test the characters likely don't see often, it will be a more subtle and intrigue-filled plot. It centers around the retrieval of an important item which will be said to be able to do exactly what each character wants it to do, by a wandering figure who whispers to them in the darkness.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2011, 04:47:18 PM »
Honest opinion: It doesn't really matter to me who wins this poll. Just as long as we get the battle under way and that the pace of the battle doesn't move lose any momentum. All three candidates I think have amazing ideas and I think any of them could make for an engaging battle, given the chance to do so.  I was always partial to Kith and the Kelvack character, and I think it'd be great for a reunion. I also always liked the growing complexity of Jharm, fighting against his nature. As for Shadow Chorus. i just happen to think Shadow Chorus' idea, while risky, has got some far spreading potential. And that's all I have to say.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2011, 05:47:58 PM »
Yeah, it honestly doesn't matter who wins, just so long as we get the plot going.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2011, 09:55:45 PM »
K this is gunna be short and sweet due to posting using phone (no net at new place yet).

The companions will be summoned by jharm and the Council of Three to aid in the defense of the portal world leading to the plane of Light.  If the portal world falls to the forces of Darkness they (darkness) will finally be able to access the Plane of Light and the entire universe (and possible multiverse) could be destroyed.  Will try to post more tomorrow.  Gotta complete b4 phone restarts itself again.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 02:07:49 PM »
Sorry for being tardy.

This battle would be a kind of collect the pieces story.  Each piece would be at a different location and I could even take suggestions or do a poll of where the next piece is.  Plenty of battles with nefarious creatures.  Lots of travel and colorful characters peppered throughout.

I would have a set amount of pieces to gather to start with.  Depending on group interest and my availability it could be expanded or shortened.  And if someone else would like to start their own adventure it can easily transition into theirs by having a piece on the planet/realm where theirs takes place.

This is it at first blush.  It would be light hearted, but it wouldn't be so campy that it's ridiculous.  There will of course be serious moments and life threatening struggles to keep things interesting.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 07:20:05 PM »
Definitely looks like you're up Kith. Can't at all say I don't like the idea, or that I didn't expect it. I voted for you, after all.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 12:41:27 AM »
Oh wow. I hadn't even voted yet until just now so I didn't see the results. Thank you for the support everyone! I'll work with Cameron to transition things and get things started. We'll have to get the newcomers involved as well.

This will be my first time hosting the epic so bear with me. I'll give it my best!

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 01:07:01 AM »
Oh wow. I hadn't even voted yet until just now so I didn't see the results. Thank you for the support everyone! I'll work with Cameron to transition things and get things started. We'll have to get the newcomers involved as well.

This will be my first time hosting the epic so bear with me. I'll give it my best!
Hey, you never know. 7 people might become active suddenly, and all decide they hate your face.

Seriously though, you'll be fine.  Your writing skillz is 1337.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2011, 08:50:52 AM »
Voting is now closed.

With 85.7% of the total vote, Kitharsis is your new Epic Battle Master. Congratulations.

Kitharsis, I will be contacting you regarding the transition and other important information shortly.

As Kitharsis is not an Inquisitor, an Inquisitor will be assigned to him for the duration of his tenure as Battle Master. Kith, your assigned Inquisitor will be Faidth. She will monitor your battle once it starts to ensure that all rules are being followed, and she will be your player's direct contact for any issues they may have.

The Epic Battle will restart soon. For now, feel free to use this thread to discuss future Epic-related events.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2011, 11:55:46 AM »
Thanks, Jorum.  Your art and writing skills seem to surpass mine, so I take that as a great compliment.

There is some work to do before things get rolling.  I'll try and keep everyone updated on the goings on.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2011, 03:29:49 PM »
I couldn't bring myself to vote on anyone, as I think everyone would be fantastic. However, I have only one important question for Kith... since Kelvack is involved in this... will there be any comedy? Please tell me there'll be comedy. I love me some comedy.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2011, 07:18:54 PM »
Gears are turning, discussions being had, that sort of thing.

Comedy imminent...  At least I hope it's funny.  I'm sure a few drinks beforehand wouldn't hurt...

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2011, 07:37:06 PM »
Booze helps everything.  It'd probably even help those lazy Ethiopian children find the motivation to drive to Del Taco at 2AM.

Once you've sorted things out, I do have a few quick questions about incoming characters and how they'll be implemented, but I'll hold off until all the gears of Epic Battle are moving.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #37 on: May 19, 2011, 11:38:48 PM »
Gah, that was quick.  I literally just got off the phone with Cameron (and Faidth and Fei, I suppose) and we had a nice dicussion.  We all feel that the Eye of Terror deserves to be finished the right way and not with a summary post as was Cameron's initial idea.  Cameron is a friend of mine and we've been battling on the boards for a very long time.  As such I wanted him to finish his campain the way he wanted to.  He has put a lot of work into it I think it deserves its proper ending.

Hearing Faidth in the background of the call, she seemed very convincing that she would handle the battle and keep things moving.

The plan is that I will take over once The Eye of Terror is finished at this point.

Yes, it may seem like a bait and switch.  But hubris has been the downfall of many a man, and I didn't want to see Cameron go out that way.

Besides, we're just getting to the good part!

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2011, 12:06:21 AM »
I personally am quite thrilled at the prospect of continuing EoT.  Its too big of a story and whatnot to condemn it to a simple 1-2 post end summary.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2011, 12:52:30 AM »
Yeah, after reading the announcements and stuff... I don't know about you guys, but I'm super pumped for this.  You know that speech the coach gives at the end of those sports movies with the dramatic music, and then suddenly the underdog team pulls an epic comeback and wins?

It's like that.