Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Message to Soul Reaver: BRING BACK BOARD BATTLE CLASSIC.  (Read 4926 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Message to Soul Reaver: BRING BACK BOARD BATTLE CLASSIC.
« on: August 02, 2013, 05:01:09 PM »
This is a special message for Soul Reaver. It is time to bring back the BBC. Not the British Broadcasting Company, The BOARD BATTLE CLASSIC.

I'll let the man himself explain it in his own words, circa 2004.

Quote from: Soul Reaver
For those of you who don't know, the Board Battle classic is a largely story-less duel where our characters can fight each other. God-modding still isn't allowed, so you might wonder how you can 'win' the duel. Quite simple: it's considered to be in good sport to acknowledge when you think the other player has come up with an original or clever attack and let it hit... and to know when to admit that your character has probably lost. Coming up with original and clever traps and attacks to make your enemy acknowledge that you've done well is at the heart of it.

The Board Battle Classic allows you to pit Board Battle characters against other players, but don't think that it has any influence on the actual Board Battle story - it's just for fun. For all intents and purposes, the stuff there doesn't 'happen'. Characters can even be 'killed' during the Board Battle Classic, in which case they've lost the battle, but that won't stop them from coming back to life again almost immediately afterwards for another duel, or a rematch.

So basically, the new updated rules would be this: Has your character been approved for the Epic Battle? Pit them against other Epic Battle-approved characters in a fight to the death (but not really cause it doesn't count)! There would be rules, of course. Battle Master is the final arbiter of what attacks hit or miss. All fights are subject to the normal Board Battle rules. Etc. We can hammer that out later. For now, only two things are important.

1. Who is interested in this?
2. Soul Reaver, will you run it?

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: Message to Soul Reaver: BRING BACK BOARD BATTLE CLASSIC.
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 05:08:38 PM »
Definitely interested. I can see Gulgrim and Kitharsis throwing Armies of Orks and Skeletons at each other while they duel on the high ground.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »
Yep, I can run this if there are enough people willing to sign up - I feel that about 4 people should express interest to make it worthwhile (I can fill in one spot if/when we have an uneven number of challengers to even things up, but would prefer to just focus on hosting to start with).

Just a warning though: due to my house having flooded a while back I currently only have internet access from work.  That means I can only post on weekdays at the moment and only if I don't have something chewing up my whole workday.  That should hopefully change in a week or two when I get to move back into my house though.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 05:29:28 PM »
By the way, the title of this thread might need to be changed, or people who aren't Soul Reaver might not be as inclined to read it (and thus we won't fully know who else is interested).

Or we could post a new thread to gauge interest.  Let me know if you want me to do that.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 05:54:42 PM »
I guess I'm waiting to gauge how busy I'll be with Shadowhaunt, Epic, Immortalis, and The Calling all at once before I open my big dumb mouth and swallow more than I can chew.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 11:03:37 PM »
Or we could post a new thread to gauge interest.  Let me know if you want me to do that.

A new thread would probably be the best way to handle it.