Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII  (Read 68548 times)

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII
« on: May 18, 2018, 06:39:38 PM »
<This new thread was automatically created due to the old thread hitting 200 posts. A copy of the last post from the old thread can be found below!>

Hey everyone.

This week was a physical and emotional whirlwind and so I really didn't get a chance to even think about the boards. I'm also busy today yet but I should be able to work on something tomorrow.

Absolute worst case scenario, I have an emergency day off work on Thursday, so if I don't have anything up before then, I should have something up then. Thanks for your patience.

Cameron! Can we please get an update? ^_^

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 03:03:14 AM »
Cameron! Can we please get an update? ^_^

Current status: [██████████░░░░░░░░░░] 50%

I finally managed to get some time to work on this today, and now that I have the rough outline done, that should be motivation to keep working. Only issue is that I'm having some trouble getting everything in an order that makes narrative sense. Also struggling to determine just how much collateral damage from Ahriman's final attack would be considered "fair." I'll work on it more tomorrow.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 08:43:15 PM by Cameron »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 02:47:24 PM »
Current status: [███████████████████░] 95%

My post is finished. It needs to be formatted. I'll post it once I get home.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 08:43:03 PM by Cameron »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 09:15:48 PM »
My post is live. There's a couple things I feel that I need to clarify.

First up is the anti-magic orb that Ahriman detonated. This was an extremely rare artifact that Ahriman was saving for an emergency. It was an extremely powerful, single use item. It was enough to even lower all of Ahriman's defenses, which lead directly to him being killed. Given this, I feel that the following consequences are fair:

-All of the skeleton mages have been destroyed. RIP.

-I did not specify the fate of Danyael's remaining echoes, but it is my judgement that unless some kind of massive, miraculous undertaking occurs involving multiple characters, that they would have been destroyed as well.

-Magical artifacts were not permanently destroyed or even damaged, but they definitely should have been rendered useless temporarily. Obviously, the more powerful an artifact is, the less it was effected, so while something like Blooddrinker would have only been temporarily stunned and will recover almost instantaneously, other less powerful artifacts may take some time to get moving again. Note that this only effects MAGICAL artifacts, not technological ones. Think of this as an EMP bomb but for magic instead of tech.

-Ahriman is dead. His soul is trapped in the Book, which is still surrounded by the tesseract, as I determined that having all of the poor little skeleton mages sacrifice themselves in vain would have been unfair to Kitharsis and Danyael and also would have needlessly prolonged this stage of the fight.

-Everyone here should instantly recognize the voice of Abbadon the Despoiler, but those characters who knew Kalana from previous Board Battles (pre-Eye of Terror) will also recognize her voice mixed with his. Abbadon is otherwise completely obscured by his robe at this time.

Please let me know if anything needs clarification.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 09:17:40 PM by Cameron »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 10:05:40 PM »
No need to worry about the Echos, as there were only two: the one who did the kamikaze run and the one who was supposedly healing Mary. And isn't the Book of Magnus still wrapped in the Everworld Cloak, which was reinforced by the tesseract?
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 10:10:29 PM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2018, 10:17:52 PM »
No need to worry about the Echos, as there were only two: the one who did the kamikaze run and the one who was supposedly healing Mary. And isn't the Book of Magnus still wrapped in the Everworld Cloak, which was reinforced by the tesseract?

That would have been blown off when Ahriman detonated the sphere. I'll edit my post to account for it.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2018, 10:32:22 PM »
It would have been blown off while still inside the tesseract? Umm... ok then. That being said, would you mind checking your pm for a small, non-battle related, request?
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2018, 11:30:18 PM »
It would have been blown off while still inside the tesseract? Umm... ok then. That being said, would you mind checking your pm for a small, non-battle related, request?

My apologies. Jharm and I went back and looked at your earlier post. I was mistakenly under the impression that the tesseract was around the book, and then the Cloak around that, and not the other way around. In the interest of moving on with this part of the story and to not have Danyael become seperated from one of his signature items, I've edited my post to indicate that the tesseract was briefly disabled and the Cloak was impacted and removed during that brief period. I hope my post is clearer now.

I also replied to your PM.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 11:39:25 PM by Cameron »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2018, 10:15:40 PM »
RIP magebois.

I知 catching up as I can because...

My wife just had a baby! He was born May 21st. I知 still figuring out life with a newborn at the moment. But! I have some paternity leave so I have some extra time.

Should be posting soon! Nice work everyone!

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2018, 11:13:03 PM »
Congrats, bruv. Hope all's well.

I'm also working on a reply post. Should have one up by tomorrow night.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 07:13:28 PM »
RIP magebois.

My wife just had a baby! He was born May 21st. I知 still figuring out life with a newborn at the moment. But! I have some paternity leave so I have some extra time.

Congratulations man!

We're also expecting our first...

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2018, 01:15:40 PM »
Hello! ^_^

It has been a week since Cameron's last post! I have sent Idle notices to the following users:

Daccio
Shadow Chorus

Kitharsis and Danyael are not yet idle as they have been active in the OOC thread. Thank you Jharm and Soul Reaver for replying promptly!

Don't forget that I cannot put Cameron on the clock until either everyone has posted or has been warned about being idle once and given a week to respond! The sooner you post, the sooner I can make Cameron post more things for you to reply to! ^_^

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2018, 11:55:19 PM »
RIP magebois.

Congratulations man!

We're also expecting our first...

Congrats to both of you!

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2018, 03:26:15 PM »
Congrats Soul! 

Best of luck.  It's been a whirlwind so far.

Working on a post now, finally.  Posted!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 04:22:17 PM by Kitharsis »

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 12:40:12 PM »
Hello again! ^_^

I have sent idle notices out to the following users:

Danyael

This delayed idle notice was because we were seeing OOC activity from the users listed above but it has been a week since the last OOC post and they still have not posted. We are also still waiting for posts from Daccio and Shadow Chorus! Thank you for posting since my last update, Kitharsis!

If there is no further activity between then and now, I shall return on 6/8!

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 01:57:38 PM »
Hello again! ^_^

It has now been two weeks since Cameron's last post. I have sent second Idle notices to the following users:

Daccio

Anyone on the above list is now eligible to be god-modded. Shadow Chorus, thank you for posting since my last notification! Danyael is not scheduled to receive a second notice until 6/13.

Hey Cameron! What's the plan? <_<

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2018, 12:21:51 AM »
Hey Cameron! What's the plan? <_<

Since it would appear that everyone who I'm not already free to god-mod has posted, the plan is that I will proceed.

I'm still on 24 hour on-call until Monday, so my chances of posting tomorrow are slim. I'll see what I can do either Monday or Tuesday night.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2018, 03:43:47 AM »
Current status: [██████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░] 25%

Week's been busier than I thought it would be and my sleep schedule is fucked up, so that's taking away valuable writing time. Still working on it. I'll keep you updated.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2018, 02:59:21 AM »
Current status: [████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░] 50%

I am extremely sorry for the delay. This weekend was a total loss due to a family situation, and I had a lot to do this week to make sure I had all my work stuff wrapped up before today. I did manage to make progress but I am definitely not done yet.

Good news is the reason for that crunch: I am now on vacation for the next 10 days. And this is a Staycation: I am not leaving the house if I can avoid it. So I should have a ton more free time to write. I'm looking to have my post finished either tomorrow afternoon or Saturday at the very latest, and I am going to attempt to use time later in the week to write a rough outline of my post after that to make sure that I don't have too much to do once I'm back at work.

Thanks for bearing with me. Once this fight is underway, keeping up with this should be easier.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2018, 02:05:31 AM »
Current status: [██████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░] 75%

Unexpected events drove me out of my house today during the time I had set aside to finish my post, but we're close. I'll keep working on it tomorrow.