Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 7703 times)

Offline Skwhy

• Initiate
Howdy
« on: April 08, 2011, 09:12:45 PM »
Hey, Everyone.

Well, it's been a while since I last introduced myself to anyone, and jeez, I can't remember the last time I posted on a forum.

So, with that, I'll give my name! It's Lee. I'm a bit of a nerdy kid. I like video games, music, football, snowboarding and the odd TV series. I've been playing a whole lot of Dragon Age 2 and watching a whole lot of Archer lately. Although relatively new to it all, I also enjoy RPGs, so my curiousity was definitely piqued when a friend linked me to the board after playing the WC3 map.

If I had a RPG resume, it would be a woefully brief. I don't have much in the way of experience, but I'm hoping to learn a lot aaaand eventually be as good as you lot! I'm definitely eager to do something with a more defined storytelling element, as the board battles I have read have all looked pretty damn fun.

As far as characters go, I've got a few ideas and whatnot, just gotta mold them in to something useful, like an application I guess. But yeah! Should be fun, can't wait.  :)
Nothing risked, nothing gained.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: Howdy
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 09:54:27 PM »
Welcome to the Administorum. :)

Things have been a bit dead around here as of late, but I'm hoping to get things rolling shortly. For now, just let me or an Inquisitor know if you have any questions.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »
You had me at Dragon Age 2 and Archer.

"Lana...  Lana!... Lana!... LAAAAANAAAAA!"
"WHAT?!"
"...Danger Zone!"

Offline Skwhy

• Initiate
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2011, 12:00:38 AM »
"Just. Be careful. Alright?"
"... No."

Love that show. Also, thanks Cameron, I look forward to it. :)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2011, 02:28:22 AM »
Welcome Skwhy, good to see some new blood joining!

Check out the various Board Battles and see if there are any you'd be interested in joining, and feel free to email or PM us any questions.  Like Cameron said, things have been quiet lately, so it's good to see someone posting - start a new topic or contribute to an existing one, we'll be glad to chat.

Oh, and I'm still working on To the Bitter End - I hope you'll find the conclusion (when it's finally done) to have been worth the wait!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 02:30:15 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Depheir Kogthar

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2011, 04:13:52 PM »
Welcome here Skwhy!

Can you tell me something about Dragon Age 2? I think I will buy it.
I play World of Warcraft a lot but it began to bore me right now.
Typically, I would simply switch to WC3 (yes, I arrived here by TTBE maps, too. Forgot to mention it earlier) or Diablo 2, but they are boring me, too.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2011, 04:57:12 PM »
Hello Skwhy!

Interesting name, how on earth does one pronounce that?

We're a pretty mixed crew, and new faces seem to be trickling slowly but surely these days.  Soul Reaver's WC3 maps are a large factor in that it seems.  Like Soul said, do some poking around if you wish.  Ask any questions you may have and stir the pot, if you will.

So "Come, stay awhile, and listen!"

Offline Skwhy

• Initiate
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2011, 08:31:33 PM »
Hi, Deckard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMAbNFptzAA

I suppose es-kay-whai would be how I would say it, feel free to say it however you like. A friend of mine goes by the nick "Esse", she gets far more irate over how it's pronounced than I would.

Anyway, I think I will poke around! Faidth just posted an update on Legion Immortalis, so, yeah, got something to read at the very least. How would you suggest

Depheir: Dragon Age 2 is a pretty fun game, it's quite a lot different from the original, but they really went the extra mile as far as dialogue is concerned. There's nothing as broken or overpowered as Arcane Warrior, so at the very least they've improved as far as balance is concerned, although Nightmare mode does seem outright unfair at times.
It's good as far as how much time you can sink in to it, there are an insane amount of sidequests. If you're familiar with Bioware's Mass Effect 2, you'll recognise the system in which the hero's background changes base on your choices in the first one, although thankfully they've chucked in a few presets so you don't need to play DA1 a dozen times.
All in all it's a good game, it will keep you busy if you get in to it, I'll tell you that.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:35:07 PM by Skwhy »

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 03:13:25 AM »
Woot a surname I recognise! Hey Lee :D Mine's Yap! People normally call me nemo, so yea you call me that too! Hope you enjoy your time on the boards :):)

And don't worry, I haven't had much experience with forum RPGs either :P
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 08:36:46 AM »
Welcome Skywhy!  Also Depheir, if you like Diablo 2 you should look at Torchlight (available for PC/XBLA) it is almost like a "smaller" version of what Diablo 3 looks like its gonna be.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 07:20:50 PM »
Oh or there's Darkspore.  It's like Marvel VS. Capcom had sex with Diablo 2 and made a highly customizable baby with multiplayer.