Battle Related Forums > Board Battle Archives

The Eye of Terror: End of Terror

<< < (2/39) > >>

Daccio:
He nods to Soul as he steps up beside him.

"I agree. They seem to have a willingness to throw themselves into the line of fire." He said, contemplating that.

He thought a bit at soul's words, and spoke.

"You know, I think that you might right" he said quietly "It seems like that is his way. Fight his way to the next fight, and if there isn't one, well, there will be when he gets here" he frowned.

He watched as well, as the Ork tests his might against the gate.

"I hope we do not have that sort of issue when the fight is done" he sighed, letting the point of his spear dip low, in a relaxed position as he waited.

Danyael:
Danyael lands nearby Sepher and Soul Reaver as the two discuss the oddity of the Gulgrim's Boyz. He is stillness personified as he watches the orks do their work seemingly all the more eager to not only act as the vanguard but be the first to fight. He helped himself to a smirk beneath his hood as he closed his eyes a moment. "Helljumper, Helljumper where've you been?" he mused a cadence from a time and universe that seemed lifetimes away. "Feet first into hell and back again." he hefted the yamato over his shoulder. "When I die, please bury me deep." he watched the Terminators, scanning them over and admiring the power both within and around them. "Place an MA5 down by my feet." he approached the boyz, though still kept his distance, also willing to be a part of the vanguard but preferring to let the Boyz have the pleasure of first blood. "Don't cry for me, don't shed no tear." he continued whispering the words to himself, musing at how long they had been fighting this campaign. "Just pack my box with PT gear." he shared a nod with some of the Grey Knights, then turned his gaze back to the Warboss and his fellows, close to breaching the gate.

He paused a moment to assess the tactics at hand. Jharm had summoned his comrades to fight against Chaos, while Cameron had been able to replenish the ranks lost by way of the reserves of his chapter. As a conduit, in his own right, to a nation that had gone vastly unknown by the companions. And as he had been connected to a certain source beyond the warp - even more so changed by it - he would be remiss if he did not offer his own services to give the Grey Knights, and ultimately the companions, a significant fighting edge. But that time wasn't now. Now he would wait and fight and act on this option only when and if absolutely necessary. And he most certainly hoped for the necessity.

"Cuz one early morning 'bout zero five." he clenched the handle of the sword with one hand and the scabbard with the other, flexing it over his shoulders with the impending adrenaline rush that was surging to the surface. "The ground will rumble there'll be lightning in the sky." the power suddenly seeping forward in subtle drops and veins of arcing black and blue lightning that looked more like the webwork of the nervous system. "Don't you worry, don't come undone." he began to walk forward as the gate was close to being breached. And then, the way was clear. "It's just my ghost on a PT run!" he launched forth in a burst of uncanny speed as he vanished into the fray in a row of howling afterimages in his wake, ready to up the violent defiance against the threats on the other side.

Kitharsis:
Kitharsis pauses as Gulgrim tears into the thick door to the tower.  The Ork was making a right mess of the black iron, and soon the door would be open.  Whatever was waiting for them on the inside was surely anticipating their entrance.

Regardless, Sepher and Soul Reaver's idle banter reaches Kitharsis's ears.  He grimaces when Soul Reaver questions what Gulgrim would do without a fight nearby.  He and Sepher's reasoning is on par with Kitharsis's.  He turns to the pair to add his thoughts.

"Gulgrim does appear to have some sort of bearing for right and wrong.  Although whether his moral compass aligns with a rational being is yet to be determined."  Kitharsis brings a closed fist to cover his mouth and feigns a cough.

Cameron:
As Nethanya speaks to Aldaris, he turns to face her. He clamps a mailed fist over his heart in a show of respect.

"I am Master Captain Aldaris. Second in command of the Grey Knights chapter of the Imperial Space Marines. We're honored to have your assistance."

Aldaris turns over what he just said in his mind. Second in command. He never expected to be promoted this high this quickly. He only hopes that his first action after being promoted isn't his last. He makes sure his arm-mounted Storm Bolter is locked and loaded before drawing a two-handed power sword. He flips a small switch on it's hilt and it flares to light, supercharged with power from his armor's power plant. He moves to stand with the first line of Marines, ready for anything that might appear.

The terminator who was addressed by Sepher glances at him as he taps his armor. He takes a hand off of his force halberd and flexes his arm. The sound of the powered servos assisting the movement is clearly audible.

"The power plant strapped to our backs moves the joints for us. It makes us stronger than normal. We'd actually be much more tired without it."

The marine snaps to attention as the sound of rending metal is heard from up ahead.

Gulgrim successfully tears a hole in the side of the Spire and he and his orky retinue charge through. They are greeted by a startling sight. Like most buildings the companions have encountered, the Spire is much bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. The ground floor of the Spire is about the size of a large arena. The entire floor appears to be set up for receiving honored guests. Chairs, couches, and even beds are placed here and there, and strange awful looking sculptures tower high above. Fountains of what appears to be blood are set up here and there. In the center of the room, a massive spiral staircase wraps around a transparent crystal pillar, with warp energy surging upward through the center of it. None of this is the startling part.

The startling part is that every square meter of unoccupied space is taken up by a Chaos Marine. And not just any Chaos Marine. These are the remaining legions of the Thousand Sons. Empty shells of armor bound together by an extremely powerful, ancient enchantment. They are all armed with flaming swords and arcane looking bolters that fire pure Chaos energy instead of actual rounds. Upon seeing Gulgrim and company charging in, their reaction is almost machine-like. The front line charges the orks, while the remaining Marines open fire, showering them in Chaos fire.

Mary was hovering just above the orks and hears the fighting start. She yells back to the companions behind her.

"Looks like we have a welcoming party. I'm moving in!"

Mary swoops through the hole made by the orks and back up above them. She almost immediately has to course correct as the Marines start firing on her.

"Shit. I can't stay up here. They'll cook me right out of the sky."

Mary falls from the sky like a meteor, making an unfortunate landing in one of the fountains of blood. It is destroyed by her impact and the Marines around it are shoved backwards by flying gore and shrapnel. Now soaked in blood, Mary screams a battle cry and wades into battle with her sword held aloft. A terrible sight to behold, for certain.

Cameron hears Mary's shout and quickly orders his men forward.

"Take up position just inside the breach! Do not charge the enemy until we've made a proper assessment! Let the strike team handle the brunt of this! No unnecessary casualties!"

Cameron charges forward with the rest of the Terminators, ready to join the fray.

Daccio:
"Huh... well I guess that makes sense then. That's a lot of metal and power" He said, nodding to the terminator. As the marine snaps to attention, and rending metal is heard over the chaos of sounds behind them, he looks up as Gulgrim tears through the door. He shook his head at the raw brutish strength the ork displayed

As Mary swoops in behind the orks, Sepher realizes with a bit of interest that these bolters are firing pure chaos energy, something that he had learned to manipulate from his home world. Feeling safer now, he charges in with the companions, ready to face the marines, his slim, metal spear held ready.

Sepher could feel his power coursing through his body now. He allowed his body to take on the Shape of one of the more powerful daemon souls he had, a natural born warrior. A flash of light pulsed from him and as it died, a great horned daemon stood where Sepher had before. He stomped forward and took a running leap, the muscles of the daemon form bulging against his armor,  to land in the middle of a line of marines firing their bolters.

He landed with a loud thud, crouched as the floor beneath his feet cracked with the force of it, his spear held behind him at the ready. Blood splashed and sloshed from the fountain mary had destroyed. Opening his mouth, he unleashed an unnatural roar, his now pointed teeth gleaming sharply in the chaos light, flecks of blood and spittle specking out. He threw himself unmercilessly into the enemy.

His spear slashed out with deadly efficiency, the crunch of metal on metal competing with bolter fire. He snarled as he slammed his spear into the chest of one marine and through it, before growling and pulling it out. He roared again, and as chaos energy flared around him, he gathered energy from it for his own attack. His spear sung as it spun to clatter against bolters and armor as he strove to kill what he could as his energy built up.

(OOC)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version