Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: End of Terror  (Read 87383 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: The Eye of Terror: End of Terror (Part I)
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2017, 02:32:42 AM »
Gulgrim sat astride the fallen Golem, mechanical hand resting on his knee while his Orky limb held a massive Imperial cigar in his toothy maw. The battle raged around him, and he simply took a long drag, examining the slowing melee around him. To him, the fight was winding down, even though it seemed the Rubric marines were redoubling their efforts.

"Pfeh. Dese gits ain' worth me time." Gulgrim grunted, standing and ashing his cigar in the molten eye-socket of the fallen golem.  Striding forward, he grabbed a Rubric marine by the collar of his power armor and yelled a booming "WAAAAAAAGH!!!" in its face, a torrent of orky warpfire melting armor, soul, and ground beneath the warrior of Chaos. Dropping the pile of ash from his massive green paw, the Ork looked around at the others still taking their sweet, un-orky time dealing with the remaining marines.

"Dis is bloody borin'. Nevah thought I'd get bored o' krumpin' skulls, but dese gits ain' puttin' up enough of a fight. Show me da big gits!" Green lightning danced around Gulgrim in a vortex of annoyance. He stomped his foot impatiently, and the swirling Orky bioelectricity lashing out at nearby Rubric marines, striking them down, releasing souls to the air that Gulgrim would let others deal with. The Ork's impatience and annoyance was growing, and perhaps that was more dangerous than simple battle-lust.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2017, 03:28:29 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2017, 02:05:03 PM »
The Rubric Marine's final assault is vicious and unrelenting, but without their connection to the Spire, they are simply outmatched by the Companions.

Jharm and his Seraph allies tear through Marines left and right, with the efforts of the Voice Caste rewarded in their souls being eliminated before any Marines can spring back to life.

Soul Reaver's message is met with an immedeate response from Cameron.

"No thanks necessary. Without that spell, we'd still be fighting endless constructs."

As Soul Reaver and Blooddrinker tear into the Rubric Marine forces, he finds himself flanked on either side by Cameron and Mary. Mary looks weary, but fights on, dispatching enemies with blow after blow from her sword. Cameron's face remains hidden by his power armor as he continues to smash through anyone who gets near him with his force blades. Between the three of them, they keep anyone from getting anywhere close to the center column.

It does not take long before Cameron, Mary, and Soul Reaver begin to run out of targets. Kitharsis and his mage have diverted a large number, sending nothing but souls towards Soul Reaver and Jharm. The Grey Knights continue to push Rubric Marines back from the main entrance, and those who turn to flee run straight into a wave of Danyael's echoes and are swiftly dispatched. Any time a Marine manages to break away and regroup, Sepher appears and ears it down with a well placed spear strike. And just as the remainder manage to regroup for one final push, Gulgrim's green lightning courses through the area, destroying many and scattering the rest to be picked off by the other fighters.

Soon there are no more targets left to fight. A few wayward souls try to escape into the central column but are deflected by Soul Reaver's spell.

The Grey Knights regroup, reloading weapons and checking armor for damage. Mary slumps to the ground with her back against a shattered pillar, exhausted. Her eyes begin scanning the room, trying to locate the real Danyael amongst his echoes. Sepher sheathes his weapons and takes a moment to collect his thoughts, verifying that all of the daemons within him are still sealed away.

Cameron scans the room for any remaining hostiles before turning to examine the central pillar once more. Satisfied that Soul Reaver's magic seems to be holding, he turns to the Grey Knights.

"Marines! Hold this floor with the Seraphs. No one enters, no one leaves."

The Marines salute and begin setting up defensive positions. Cameron turns to Jharm.

"I think the Seraphs will serve much better down here, watching our backs. I don't want to get caught from behind while we're dealing with whatever lurks above, and if Soul Reaver's enchantment weakens, we need a large enough force to keep any more of those obsidian monstrosities at bay."

Cameron raises his voice, addressing the rest of the Companions.

"We should take a moment to recover before we head further up. There's no telling what else is waiting for us."

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #42 on: May 26, 2017, 02:33:38 AM »
The Seraphim thumps his fist on his chest as he salutes Cameron.

"That sounds like a wise idea Lord Aileron. (He turns towards the Seraph forces) Seraphs!  Reform and hold the line here alongside the Grey Knights.  Let no enemy of the Light pursue us and stand ready should the evil constructs rise once more!"

The gathered Seraph forces salute their leader and move about the room, bolstering the Grey Knights defenses with their own.  The large Colossi do not seem to give any outward response, but one moves over towards the pillar and silently stands in front of it, the other moving over to the shattered entry door.  Jharm turns back to Cameron and nods.

"Between my people and the Grey Knights I believe this place is secure, at least for the time being."

He hoists his large hammer up onto his shoulder.

"I must wonder how our forces fare out in the city though.  I have not received any signs of distress as of yet so I would like to believe they are holding their own for now."
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #43 on: May 26, 2017, 07:08:52 PM »
The Thousand Sons are no match for the combined might of the companions, Seraphim and Grey Knights bearing down on them.  Blooddrinker falls, smashing a helmeted head into splinters, but as it rises again there is nothing else for it to fell.  Soul Reaver draws the last few freed souls into himself and surveys the battlefield, littered with detritus, shell casings and ruined husks of chaos armour.

The Grey Knights and Seraphs are quick to assume defensive positions at Cameron and Jharm's command.

"We should take a moment to recover before we head further up. There's no telling what else is waiting for us."

Soul Reaver nods wearily as a Seraph Colossus thuds its way past him to stand guard.

"The spell I placed around the pillar should hold for a few hours at least.  But in this place it is sometimes hard to tell."

With that, he sits down, Blooddrinker laid next to him, and glances at Cameron and Mary.

"I was not able to ascertain what exactly the pillar was designed for, other than funneling energy upward.  The effects it had on this chamber are secondary, and my barrier has not prevented it from channeling spiritual power up the spire.  The sheer quantity that must have flowed there already could be potentially apocalyptic."

He shakes his head.

"I do not like going into this blind."

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2017, 06:47:01 PM »

Sepher wanders over, the spear melting away into bracers one more. He listened as jharm spoke about the troops outside before sitting down on the floor near Soul.

"Unfortunately, not much we can do for them now. We have our own tasks up here. It bodes well that they have no contacted us yet."

He looked at the pillar as soul spoke about it.

"I do not like this either, my friend. We really have no idea what we are walking into here."

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2017, 06:48:13 AM »
Soul Reaver looks at Sepher as he speaks.

Friend...

It did not feel right for someone to call him that.  Even at the best of times, Soul Reaver tried to swear off friendship to protect himself, but after what had happened recently he felt he was not deserving of the title.  Perhaps Sepher felt forgiving because he understood the difficulty of keeping daemonic powers endlessly at bay?  But Soul Reaver knows he will not be able to forgive himself as easily.

Soul Reaver responds with a thin smile.

"Whatever it is we are walking into, I will stand with all of you."

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2017, 10:25:05 AM »
As the last of the Rubric Marines is felled, the Nephilim Lord reserved a handful of twelve or so to himself, luring them away from the rest under the guise of fighting – purposely slowing his movements down to average speed to give them an edge, or so they might have believed. Twisting his lips into a devilish grin, the echoes fighting the marines spread wide around them, then -in a panning swipe, absorbed back into Danyael, taking the marines with them, smashing them together in a pulverizing crush. The combined screams and shattering of metals reverberated through the room before snuffing out into silence, leaving only the Nephilim Lord standing amidst what was once a section of marines.

He sheathed the yamato, then looked for Kitharsis on the battlements. Finding him, his hand went within the dimensional weaves of his everworld cloak, finding what he was looking for: a small gourd of hot sake. "Oy, Kith!" he shouted, tossing the small gourd the distance to his companion - both as his friend, as well as a subtle apology for his crazy plan of wrecking ball madness with Kitharsis as the ball. His eyes, went noticing something on the gourd, went wide with surprise. Loosely attached to the gourd was a pair of lace lingerie. How it got there, and whose it was, he had no idea. "Aw fuck." he said, mentally kicking himself.

His eyes went to the pillar, then leapt the distance before landing gently, without a sound, to stand beside Mary. Throughout the battle, his mind never wavered from her. But he knew he couldn’t always defend her – nay, shouldn’t always defend her. She’d never allow it. After all, what sort of warrior would she be if her man fought every battle for her?

He set his back against the pillar, draping his cloak around he and her in a moment of respite. “Hi.” He said, the smile in his voice betraying the lack of emotion on his face.  He’d take any moment afforded to them. Be it a blink, a minute or longer. He took out another gourd of mulled wine from the dimensional weaves of his cloak and handed it over. It felt surprisingly hefty, as if it were self-replenishing. Because it was. “Pass it around. I’m sure everyone needs a pick up.”

His eyes, however, were narrowed venomously on Soul Reaver and Sepher, or rather just Soul Reaver. This man was no friend. Not any more. And though the Nephilim lord was head of a boundless imperium, even he had his personal grudges that he couldn’t shake off – no matter how hard he tried. He reentered the fray from his exile in the warp thinking he was a changed man. But after Soul’s second betrayal, all Danyael could see whenever he saw the warrior… was vengeance. And wrath. And he wanted only to unleash both on Soul in in five times the kindness the warrior had imparted upon him.  His sights saw what appeared to be low and cold energies around the warrior – sorrow perhaps? And then Danyael’s silent glare softened to remorse, or something softer, and he looked away.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 10:35:05 AM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2017, 12:05:42 PM »
He could almost feel Danyael glaring in their direction, focused on Soulreaver. His head lifted to look back to Danyael and he felt a protective urge come over himself, even if Soul did not need his help to defend himself. He doubted the Nephilim understood quite exactly the razors edge Soulreaver and Sepher walked.

If Danyeal glanced over at Sepher, he could see the dozens, if not hundreds of daemon souls dancing in his eyes, held back by his will alone. If those souls gained the edge, even for a minute, he would snap, just as Soul had lost control before.

He shook his head and put a hand to Soulreavers shoulder, giving it a squeeze and looked away from Danyael.

"I know you will." he said to soul. He sighed and rubbed his eyes a bit and looked tired.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2017, 10:49:07 AM »
The horseman's pick falls heavily into the sling at his waist.  Pieces of shattered power armor fall to the ground as he brushes himself off.  Heavy footfalls carry him through piles of battered and broken Rubric Marines as he makes his way toward the Spire.  The others are gathering and taking rest with the hectic battle finally concluded.

"Oy, Kith!" 

A gourd garnished with some lacy thing arcs toward him.  He catches it with with a quizzical look.  After taking a swig he smacks his lips and grins.  Some sort of alcohol, pleasant and smooth.  He waves in thanks, before taking another long draw.

As he reaches the others, he notices the glare planted on Danyael's face.  Soul Reaver is certainly not in Danyael's good graces.  The turbulence in their relationship was certainly not helped by recent events.  Kitharsis only hopes some kind of peace can be found between his two friends.

Taking a seat, he allows himself a moment to find his own peace.  The spark lights into a flame as he begins his meditation, both purifying his own inner darkness, and relieving his mind of the stresses of the life he and his companions live.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2017, 01:32:52 PM »
Cameron is equally as concerned by what might be happening outside the Spire. The concern is evident in his voice as he replies to Jharm.

"I was too busy fighting to focus on any vox chatter. It might be a good idea to find out."

Cameron turns from Jharm to Soul Reaver as he gives his report. His features are still hidden by his helmet, which he has not bothered to remove. Any traces of emotion in his response are masked by the helmet's distortion.

"You're right. Simply marching up the tower with no idea what we will encounter seems foolish. But with how much energy seems to have been sent to the top of this tower, it would also be foolish to try to create another entrance. Who knows what would happen if we crack open the top chamber of this place."

Cameron glances at Mary, but she is not paying attention to this conversation. Danyael has crossed the distance to sit next to her. Cameron allows his gaze to linger on this scene for a moment before he turns and walks away from the group.

"I'm going to try and get a grasp on what's happening outside before we move on."

Mary lets out a contented sigh as Danyael drapes his cloak over her. She does not notice Cameron looking at them. She drinks deeply from the mulled wine, allowing herself a moment to regain her wits.

After a moment, she focuses on Danyael again. The look on his face as he regards Soul Reaver mirrors the look on Cameron's face when he accused her of letting Kalana die. There was obviously something more to this than what has happened in the Eye. But just as Cameron's grief has clouded his judgement, Mary wonders if the same thing isn't happening to Danyael.

Without thinking, she quietly slips her hand into his and squeezes. When she speaks, her words are soft, meant only for him.

"Much pain has been suffered during this fight. Many mistakes have been made. But we cannot let rage and sorrow consume us now. Not when we're so close to our goal. We have to press on to the finish. And we have to do so together, regardless of how much that hurts."

These are the words that Mary wants to say to Cameron, to get him to see reason. Mary hopes that Danyael is more receptive than her fellow Elemental.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2017, 05:16:10 PM »
-3 years later-

Cameron leans back in his chair and stares out into space, silent for the first time in at least an hour. He is seated at the round table that occupies the observation deck of the Starblade Mark IV. He had been recounting the events of the battle of the Eye of Terror, but has now paused to collect his thoughts.

Anyone who knew Cameron well would hardly recognize him in this state. His hair is unkempt and his normally clean shaven face carries a year's worth of neglected facial hair. Dark circles under his eyes indicate that it has been quite some time since he has slept. His eyes wander the stars seen from the chamber's transparent viewport for a few moments before returning to focus on a glass that sits on the table in front of him. It is half full of an amber liquid. Cameron sips from the glass, and then finishes the rest of it quickly. He then clears his throat and begins to speak again.

"So with the pillar sealed and the immediate threat dispatched, the only place left to go was up the Spire."

A voice speaks up from the only other occupied chair in the room.

"But wait a minute! What about the rest of the battle?"

Cameron's head snaps towards the voice. It's almost as if he had forgotten that he wasn't the only one in the room.

"The rest of the battle? Outside of the Spire? You've read those reports a hundred times. You already know what happens."

The owner of the voice from the opposite end of the table is much better dressed than Cameron. While he is only wearing a ratty t-shirt and synthetic jeans, she is wearing what appears to be a full dress uniform. A nameplate on her right breast pocket reads "I. HANAKO" and includes the single sword superimposed over a starburst that has served as the symbol of the ship Starblade since it's Mark I incarnation. The same symbol is on a patch on either shoulder. She stands, flipping her long black hair behind her. She adjusts a pair of glasses that rest lightly on her face and glares at Cameron with steel grey eyes that almost seem to shimmer.

"Yes, yes. I've read the reports. I have them right here."

The girl taps the side of her head impatiently.

"I don't want to hear dry boring reports. I want to hear your story! In your own words! By all accounts, this was the turning point of the entire battle, and you're just planning on skimming over it!"

Cameron looks annoyed, and stares at his empty glass ruefully. He gestures with one hand, summoning a small panel of buttons that appears just above the table's surface. A few button presses causes the empty glass to disappear.

"Fine. If you insist."

The girl flashes a triumphant grin and sits back down, staring at Cameron  expectantly. He scowls at her before pressing more buttons on the panel, causing another glass of amber liquid to appear next to him. He picks up the glass and rises from his seat. Turning his back to the girl, he stares out into space again.

“At the time, we didn’t know why the Chaos leader had waited so long to call the fleets back to the Eye. But it seemed like a perfect coup. One minute, our forces had been in complete control, mopping up the remaining enemy forces. The next minute, they’re  sandwiched in between two waves of Chaos reinforcements and fighting for their lives. Had they not held the line, the Spire would have been overrun and we would have lost. Fortunately, they did not fight alone that day. And no one could have ever predicted who our allies would end up being.”

-3 years earlier-

Cameron reaches the entrance to the Spire. Stepping through the threshold causes his vox channels to light up again. Something about the tower definitely interferes with the Imperial communications network. He sends out a blast on all channels.

“This is Chapter Master Aileron, Strike Team Actual. Someone bring me up to speed.”

All other vox chatter drops off as the priority request is received. There is a brief lull before Cameron’s voxcaster crackles to life again.

“This is Master Captain Aldaris, Grey Knight First Company Actual. We are still holding the plaza, but barely. Our forces are still cut off from each other. There’s too many of them.”

In the plaza, Aldaris pauses to unload another bolter clip into a wave of Chaos Marines. All around him, Grey Knight Marines and Terminators are dug in, firing bolters, storm bolters, and auto-cannons at a seemingly endless number of Chaos marines who keep charging in from the south. The elementals, Garr, Kari, and Karyl, fly above them. Any time a daemon or another abomination rears it’s head, they descend and deal with the threat. Kari also scans for wounded marines and tends to them as needed.

As the Space Marine forces and Elementals fight to hold their ground, the shining soldiers of Light move all around them, reinforcing positions, healing the fallen, forming shield walls to slow the Chaos advance, allowing their allies to unleash torrents of lead into the enemy ranks.  The Seranna lands next to Aldaris, a gauntleted hand briefly resting on his shoulder as she speaks to him, somehow her words piercing the cacophony of battle.

“Have faith, Captain Aldaris.  Even in grim moments such as this we must hold true to our convictions.  The malevolent forces in front of us make it quite clear they have no intent to depart from their own twisted ones.  My Lady, grant them the strength to fight on.  Show them Hope still remains.”

She smiles and raises her staff skyward, the tip beginning to emit an increasingly bright glow.  The Seraphs seem to sense the glow, a unified cheer rises from them as they seem to push back against the Chaos forces with even more force.

Below the plaza, in the city, is where the fighting is the worst. Space Marines from all of the Chapters have formed into bands, trying to keep themselves alive and recover as many of their wounded as possible. They are dogged constantly by Chaos heavy armor and air support, who track them and drop shock troops into their midst. Some of the Marine groups take up positions inside partially destroyed buildings, while others choose to keep moving to avoid getting pinned down. It would have already been arout if not for the Seraph forces also making their way through the city.

Amidst the war-torn streets of the city the Seraph squads fight for every inch of ground.  Each death costs the Chaos enemy countless of their own, the Seraphs zealous fortitude proving to be as unwavering as their own corrupted bloodlust.  Charging down one such street is the gleaming form of the Serallia, accompanied by a squad of Seraphs.  Spotting Chaos heavy armor ahead he signals for the Seraphs to seek shelter in a nearby building.  Within its walls they find a squad of Space Marines, no doubt with similar intentions.  Gazing over the armored soldiers the Seraph commander spots one that seems to bear insignia signifying leadership. 

“Tell me soldier, how fares the battle in other parts of this horrorscape?”

The Marine seems to speak to someone through his armor, informing the Serallia about the generally bleak outlook the allied Marine and Seraph forces are facing everywhere.  Drayven’s face looks grim as his hidden eyes seem to gaze out into the city.  The warrior, and all Seraph in the area suddenly look back towards the tower plaza, seemingly aware of the bright glow radiating from the area.  Drayven’s grip tightens on the hilt of his weapon.

“Yes my Lady.  We may fall, but in the end victory shall be ours.  The Seraphim and his companions shall not fail.  Come my brothers and sisters, let us bring battle once more to the enemy.”

With that, the Serallia and Seraphs charge from the building, the Seraph forces throughout the city seeming to surge forward with renewed hope and strength as they battle against the endless enemy before them.

A large amount of Marine forces are still stranded in the Eidolon wastes. Lack of air support is preventing them from moving across the vast chasms that separate the wastes from the city. And the reason for the lack of air support is that the Marine warships in orbit are doing all they can just to fight off the vast Chaos fleet that has suddenly descended upon them.

“Lord Aileron, this is Admiral Benden, Fleet Command Actual. The Revenant has taken heavy damage but is still operational. We’ve lost contact with the Apocalypse, and 6 other imperial warships have been lost. We’re outnumbered at least 4 to 1 up here. If we don’t figure something out soon, you’re all going to be stranded down there.”

Benden stumbles as the bridge lurches sickeningly. Another wave of missiles has plowed into the side of the massive warship. Benden barks orders.

“Hard to port! Redirect the shields! Return fire! Fight like the Imperium of Man still means something to you!”

One of the officers nearby turns to the Admiral, fear in his eyes.

“Sir! We have more incoming contacts! Warp gates!”

Benden looks grim.

“By Terra, now what? More Chaos forces?”

The officer studies a screen in front of him.

“No sir. The warp gates are structured differently… oh no.”

Benden marches to the screen and looks for himself. He narrows his eyes as recognition dawns.

“Eldar.”

Waves of sleek alien warships pour into the Eye from newly opened Warp gates. The remaining Imperial warships brace for more attacks, but the Eldar forces swiftly engage the Chaos fleet instead. Benden receives a hail from the lead vessel.

“Attention forces of the Imperium of Man. This is Farseer Taldeer, of the Craftworld Ulthwe. We see that you’ve finally chosen to take the fight to the true enemy.”

Benden is apprehensive. The Eldar have been enemies far more than they have been allies.

“Yes. A fight we are rapidly losing. If you’re here to finish us off in the name of Chaos, do it quickly.”

The Farseer seems to chuckle at this before replying.

“If we were here to destroy you, I would not have bothered talking to you. We are not allies of Chaos, despite what our fallen brothers and sisters would have you believe. If our intelligence is correct, you are here to destroy the Eye of Terror. Am I wrong?”

Benden sighs. Nothing stays secret from the Eldar for long.

“You are correct, Farseer.”

“Then it is good that we came. The Eye is an abomination that we had a hand in creating, and we would see it destroyed and our conscience cleared before our race fades into history. We will help you fight off the fleets and send forces to the ground to assist. Please share any maps you may have with us so that we can facilitate this.”

Benden switches comm channels.

“Lord Aileron, Fleet Command Actual. An entire Eldar fleet has arrived. They’re engaging the Chaos forces. The Farseer leading them, one Taldeer, is asking for our cooperation so that they can assist us. Please advise.”

Cameron glances back over his shoulder at his companions, confusion clearly evident in his posture. The Eldar had offered no help before now. Why would they suddenly change their minds?

“Benden, Strike Team Actual. Patch my vox signal in with the Farseer.”

Benden waves a hand at one of his officers, who makes the adjustments on a panel in front of him.

“Farseer, this is Lord Cameron Aileron. Chapter Master of the Grey Knights and leader of this expedition.”

Cameron hears the voice of the Farseer, relayed to his power armor via the Revenant.

“Lord Aileron. We have heard much about you. There are some questions among us regarding your true origins. I am not surprised to find you at the head of this assault.”

“Any questions regarding myself will have to wait, Farseer. Why are you here?”

“We are here to assist you with the destruction of the Eye of Terror.”

“If that is the case, and you knew we were attacking the Eye, why did you wait until now to offer assistance?”

The Farseer’s voice sounds amused.

“We do not commit our forces to a doomed venture. We had to make sure that you were going to succeed where the previous attempts had failed. It is clear now that you and your friends have made the difference. It would be a pity if your otherwise successful mission ends in failure simply because you were overwhelmed by Chaos in the final hour.”

Cameron sighs at the typical Eldar rhetoric coming from the Farseer. Of course they’d wait until victory was assured. That had always been their way.

“I understand. You wouldn’t want to make your Craftworlds the target of the next Black Crusade.”

The Farseer is silent for a moment. There is less humor in her voice when she finally replies.

“We intercepted the Despoiler’s message. He lives?”

“It appears so. We had killed him, but he has found a powerful new ally that has pulled him back from the brink of death.”

“He must be dealt with. Share your information with us. We will clear this airspace and allow your forces to regroup, leaving you to focus on the Despoiler and whatever else lay at the top of that tower you find yourself in.”

Cameron hesitates, but only for a moment.

“Benden. Make it happen.”

Benden gestures to his officers again.

“Done. Fight well, Farseer. We’ll need your strength if we are to see this through.”

“The might of the Craftworlds will carry us to-”

Both Benden and the Farseer are cut off by the arrival of more ships.

“Friends of yours, Farseer?”

“No. Those our not our vessels. They appear to be… Tau in origin.”

From the darkness of the warp came the Kor'vattra, the Tau fleet. At the head,  Or're El'leath class Battleship Sho'aun'or'es flew, its sleek design impressive and beautiful as it came out of warp. Behind it, Several Gal'leath class battleships as well as dozens of cruisers and other support craft ended their travel through the warp.

At the helm of Sho'aun'or'es, Shas'o T'au Vash'aun'an Gal'leath stood at ease, peering out through the large forward view port. Her Shas'El soon slid up beside her, speaking softly, saluting.

"Shas'O, preparations for Mont'ka are complete. We can dispatch as you see fit"

Vash stood, peering down to the strange half world that they suddenly find themselves above.

"CAS" she said, speaking aloud to her AI. "Perform augmentative scans to what the Fire caste has already done. Identify Chaos targets. Prioritize heavy armor and emplacements, as well as any air support they may have."

"Yes Shas'O" A male voice said, coming across the ship’s audio into the bridge around her.
Behind Vash, the war table lit up, a map of the fighting below appeared and soon red dots began appearing all over it. Blue dots as well.

"Shas'O, It appears Seraphim and Grey Knight Terminators fight the Chaos. Imperial crafts are engaged to the chaos fleet and eldar craft have entered orbit, just out of Warp"

Vash looked back to the Board, watching the dots ebb and flow. "Prepare the XV85. Equip with Dawn blade, Anti Material Burst Cannon and the Fusion cutter. I want the Armor plating too. CAS. If this is who I think it is, try to Hail the Grey Knights. I may have just found who I was searching for. I need to speak with their leader."

CAS would send a broadcast signal out, attempting to reach Cameron.

Even as this all took place, the fleet prepared for war. Shields and deflectors powered up. Rail batteries charged and prepared to unleash hellish torrents. Some pathfinders and Stealth suits were likely already on the ground down there, ready to markerlight any targets needed

The Revenant’s communications officer alerts Admiral Benden to the incoming hail. He relays this to both Cameron and Farseer Taldeer.

“It looks like the lead Tau craft is trying to hail us. What’s the play?”

The Farseer remains silent, waiting to see what Cameron would suggest, or perhaps already knowing it. Cameron finds himself again wishing that Kalana was still here to guide him on this.

“Patch them through. Keep the Farseer patched in as well. We all need to be working together if we’re to survive this.”

Benden barks orders to the communications officer, and soon all four parties are connected.

"Unidentified Tau vessel. This is Lord Cameron Aileron. Chapter Master of the Grey Knights Chapter and leader of this assault. With me is Admiral Benden, acting fleet commander of the Imperial fleet, and Farseer Taldeer of Craftworld Ulthwe, acting commander of the Eldar fleet in this region."

The Farseer replies. Amusement again creeps into her tone.

“That’s mostly accurate, Lord Aileron. Good enough.”

Cameron soldiers on.

“Please state your business and intentions here, Tau craft. As you can see, we already have our hands full.”

“This is Shas'o T'au Vash'aun'an Gal'leath of the Sho'aun'or'es, leader of this Kor’Vattra. Lord Cameron Aileron, it is good to hear from you. I apologize about the delay, It took some time for the Elder Ethereals to reach me with your message. Acting Commander Farseer Taldeer of Craftworld Ulthwe, It is unexpected but not unwelcome that the Eldar are found here this day”

For a moment, Cameron draws a blank. But then he recalls the name of this particular Tau emissary. They had spoken before. Cameron had been sought out due to his connection with the Ahrment’il. Nothing official had been worked out that day, but they had left on friendly terms. And Cameron had dispatched a message to them just before launching their assault on the Eye. He never expected anything would come of it.

“Well met, Shas’o. I was honestly unsure if my message had been received. It is good to see that it has. The Chaos are enemies to all and we could use more allies in this fight.”

The Farseer is in agreement.

“I agree, Lord Aileron. Although the Tau’s ideals are somewhat questionable, no one has ever doubted their prowess in combat.”

“One might say that your ideals are questionable as well, Farseer. But that isn’t why any of us are here. Shas’o. I am on the surface of this world right now, leading a small strike team in an assault on the source of the Eye’s growth. We are surrounded on all sides by enemies and our numbers are stretched thin. Any assistance that you and the Farseer can provide would be greatly appreciated.”

“Then Lord Aileron, you shall have it.” she said, ignoring the farseers comments. “We shall commence at once. This channel shall remain open and secure. If you need any specific assistance, hail me. You too, Farseer.”

Vash turned to her Shas’El.

“Begin.” Was all she said. “You have the Bridge” and with that, she started walking further into the ship, seeking out her personal Battlesuit bay.

Below, in the battlefield, Marines and Seraphs alike would begin to see small units of Tau pathfinder troops, moving through the battlefield with ease. They would see them pointing small devices at enemy armor, emplacements and large sections of troops.

Up, on the fleet, ships began to drop and move to the surface, battlesuits began their descent. Some of the railgun batteries began to shift and started to take aim towards the chaos fleet, and as the markerlight lit up their targets, massive missiles, piloted by AI, were automatically launched to seek out the targets marked. To those below…. It would look like doomsday had begun. A hellfire rain of missiles falling from the sky, but with such precision they may not have evern see.

Vash straps into her suit, and with a hiss, the bay opens and begins to drop.

Meanwhile, the Eldar Farseer is eager to begin.

“I too, will leave this link open. Our forces will begin deployment immediately. Strike true, Lord Aileron, and strike this abomination from our records once and for all.”

The Farseer turns to her bridge.

“Deploy. Let none who oppose us stand.”

The Eldar cruisers move into a stable orbit over Eidolon. Eldar forces are teleported into the city en masse, with grav tanks and Wraithlords arriving shortly behind them. The Space Marines, having received a priority transmission over the voxnet warning them of both the Eldar and Tau arrival, do not open fire on their new allies. They instead use the sudden distraction to begin regrouping and forming back into proper squads. The Eldar forces strike fast and hard in the areas where the Chaos forces are thickest, and then teleport back to their ships to be redeployed elsewhere. This leads to the illusion that the Eldar are everywhere at once.

With the Chaos fleet now forced back on the defensive by the arrival of the Eldar and Tau ships, the Space Marines can now get transports back to the forces waiting in the wastes. Soon these Marines arrive in the city, joining their allies in combat. The tides of war turn to the side of good once again.

Cameron seems satisfied with what he is hearing.

“Benden. Coordinate the Eldar and Tau efforts and contact me if you need anything.”

“Yes, sir. Fleet Command Actual, out.”

“Strike Team Actual, out.”

Cameron looks down into the city, seeing the combined forces of Space Marine, Tau, and Eldar striking at Chaos with the help of the Seraphs. They may still lose this war, but the strike team now has the time to do what it came to do. Cameron turns and strides back into the Spire.

“Eldar and Tau forces have arrived. They are helping us fight back the Chaos forces. Now’s our best chance to end this. If everyone is ready, then let’s go.”

Cameron turns and marches towards the stairs. The remaining Grey Knight Terminators settle into defensive positions, ready to hold the bottom of the Spire.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 01:15:09 PM by Hanako »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2017, 07:38:37 PM »
The Seraphim watches as Cameron moves off to determine the status of the multiple battlefronts going on outside.  The angellic warrior notices a small, but clear change in the marines stature as he carries on his radio communications.  It seems clear that things must not be going well outside of the tower.  Closing his eyes Jharm focuses his mind outwards, seeking out his own commanders.  He manages to reach both and obtain status update on his forces, Cameron turning back to them shortly after.

“Eldar and Tau forces have arrived. They are helping us fight back the Chaos forces. Now’s our best chance to end this. If everyone is ready, then let’s go.”

Jharm rests his hammer on his shoulder and follows after Cameron as he sends out a quick mental message to his commanders.

Instruct our forces that the newcomers to the battle seem to be allies of the Space Marines.  They are known as Eldar and Tau.  I know little on either of them, but Lord Aileron seems to deem them trustworthy, therefore they shall receive all the same accords as given to the Space Marines.

As the Seraphim begins to ascend the stairs behind Cameron he suddenly seems to stop, his free hand coming to his chin as if pondering something.  After a moment he turns back around and moves over to the Ork Warboss.

"Gulgrim, a thought just crossed my mind.  Your kind clearly revels in the joys of warfare and battle, as has been displayed quite a few times during our advances thus far.  The allied forces outside are just barely holding steady against the might of the Chaos forces even as we speak, the new arrival of these Tau and Eldar creatures simply proving as a stopgap of sorts.  I am not supportive of your simplistic, and rather bloodthirsty, view of "allies" but perhaps it is time you bring your...."boyz" I believe you call them in for some "fun"?

The Seraphim gestures out towards the relative area of the battlefield with his free hand.

"There are veritable waves of Chaos minions out there assaulting our lines, from my understanding almost ENDLESS.  That means practically endless sources of trophies and such macabre things.  These are things your kind revel and actively strive for I do believe.  What better opportunity could you hope for then right now to unleash your army in a....what's it called? Oh...a "Waagh" I believe.  Send them forth to crush the foul Chaos forces and seek out their previous trophies, and then they can challenge you so that you can effortlessly crush them beneath your iron heel and further prove your might to lead your fellow Orks into battle.  It's almost a win-win scenario if you think about it."

The Seraphim continues in his attempts at guiding the Warboss' minions to battle.  Normally the angellic warrior would be against such underhanded and shady maneuvers but he knew that should the allied forces fall...the amassed Chaos forces would swarm the tower and ultimately in the end, Darkness would win.  That...was not something he could allow.  That was not something he could allow room for potential error or failure in.  In such times of need even a noble being such as himself had to briefly shelve his lofty demeanor and "dirty his hands" as some might say. 

The Seraphim stands in silence for a moment, as if giving the Warboss a chance to ponder what he said, before turning once more to the stairs and moving up to follow behind Cameron.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 11:59:38 PM by Jharm »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »
He did indeed notice Sepher’s challenging glare while still paying attention to Mary. But what good would a dick-measuring contest do anyone so far behind enemy lines? Here, everyone was cut off from everything else. They could use only what they brought with them. And while each of the companions brought with them a surplus of power unique specific to each of them, the Nephilim Lord could see how such power could be used against one another. Even his own. And while he was very much aware of Sepher, he chose to look away because the Nephilim Lord had accepted that both of them had better things to do than to make enemies of each other. They hardly knew one another, anyway.

Upon hearing Mary finish, he took in every word she said, her words being the most important to his ears. Well… hers and Kith’s. His chiseled looks softened upon averting his eyes to look on her, a sudden shift reserved specifically for her. He didn’t need to answer with words, rather opting to respond with a warming smile and a thoughtfully accepting nod of understanding in a moment he let hold for as long as possible. But he couldn’t help but put potential dots together. Remembering Cameron’s lingering gaze on the two prior to his departure, Danyael wondered for a moment if her words were meant for the Aileron just as much as they were for him. Still, he nodded again to Mary in quiet acceptance, touching the edge of his forehead to hers as if to say I’ll try my best.

The respite didn’t last long, however. His head snapped skyward, senses catching hold of the arriving allies – energies everywhere flaring about in omnidirectional bedlam with the opening warpgates of ships entering into the fray.  Three different nations, all of which he recognized. He remembered the warriors of the Imperium of Man all too clearly. He remembered the Eldar from his time in the warp. They were a good deal different than Arhra; preferable company to him, in point of fact. But this new fleet. Them he recognized the most. The Tau. A cultural system similar to that of the Imperium Sanctus as well. It brought a mental smile to the Nephilim Lord that they had joined the ranks of this resistance to Chaos.   

“I admit, if I could bring the fleets of the Imperium Sanctus into the fray, I would.” though he knew this multiverse didn’t follow the same rules (or break the same laws) as those under the Imperium Sanctus. “But…” he thought on it. He recalled Jharm bringing his fellow seraphim to the battlefront, as well as Gulgrim Bonecruncha and his ‘Boyz’ – for whom there appeared to be a nigh infinite horde. It seemed prudent to introduce a concept of his own. He stood to his feet, helping Mary to hers.

“Master Seraphim was able to bring his comrades to the forefront to shift the odds in our favor. Master Orc appears to have a nigh unending supply of…boyz?... that he brings to the vanguard. If the situation permits, with your approval, I would elect to do the same.” He started his proposal, “Prior to my return, I’d been training a new order of Guardians after breaking ranks with Kawanua and Sera. They are fast, focused and merciless if the situation is dire. If you’d allow me, they could be at our side if you’ve need of them.” To bring the warriors of the newest order of guardians he had been training in this multiverse. Since he was forced to replace the already dwindling original Order, the newest order was more aggressive in their tactics, but also more surgical. With numbers bolstered exponentially more than their predecessor, a cause such as this would be the very campaign they would readily run for. “Not that it would be easy,” it wouldn’t be. If anything, the task would be the hardest he’d ever attempted, opening a transgate through the Warp of such a grand and terrifying distance. He continued, “but all I need is an opening. Just one chance.”
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2017, 10:57:17 PM »

Sepher sighed. Reinforcements. That was a relief. Finally, maybe things would be a little better.

He pushed himself to his feet now that their respite was done. As both Jharm and Danyael waxed poetic, he just rubbed his temples and followed Cameron, ignoring them both. They had a job to do.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2017, 03:33:42 PM »
Kitharsis is well on his way to filling his reserves.  As time has gone by he has become greatly efficient in taming the darkness of his power.

He can hear the voices of his companions, but it is more like the dull tap of raindrops falling through a forest. 

The moment of peace passes, and the activity around The Eye becomes more and more unusual.  Kitharsis can't help but open his eyes and ears and pay attention.  Glowing white eyes dart to the sky as masses of troops pour in.  They appear to be fighting against the Chaos forces.  Energy signatures that are unfamiliar to him seem to pop in and out throughout The Eye.  This is followed by smaller, more intricate signatures speeding through, followed by huge surges.

The Tirthandara rises to his feet.  The brief moment of meditation has a profound recuperating effect.  Cameron was outside the spire, most likely coordinating the whole battle in a few words.

Confirming Kitharsis's observations, Cameron enters the Spire once more.  Their leader wastes no time in marching toward the stairs.  Kitharsis is prepared. 

His bone wings fold behind him as the tiny mage clambers up to sit on his shoulder.  He could call in his ship and her crew, but it would be a mere drop in the bucket compared to the all out war being waged in The Eye.  Better to focus all of his energy on what waits above them.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #55 on: August 24, 2017, 01:52:18 AM »
"We'z finally movin'?" The Warboss asked, looking around as the others seemed to be gathering gear and preparing to set off. "'Sbout time, I wuz gettin' bored." The green giant stepped off the perch he had been sitting on for the past few minutes, giving no answer to Jharm's query before falling several feet to the ground with an echoing THUD. Shouldering his weapons and moving toward the rest of the group, a lit cigar suddenly found its way into the Warboss's massive fanged maw as he glanced at the warriors moving to and fro, handing out updates and planning for the next fight. The itch for combat was rising again, and already green lightning began to play across Gulgrim's armor, ever so faintly, as his grin slowly widened into that familiar bloodthirsty smirk he traditionally wore before a fight.

"Let's get stuck in, ladz."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 04:15:02 AM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2017, 05:26:53 AM »
Though he does not show it, Soul Reaver notices Danyael's venemous gaze linger somewhat too long on him.  He could certainly understand the sentiment, but it would do no good to act on this now, given the circumstances.  He just hoped it would not impair Danyael's own judgement.

Sepher's hand on his shoulder and words of understanding are much appreciated.  Soul Reaver gives a nod and faint smile in silent reply.

Soul Reaver turns his attention to Cameron as he marches outside, apparently intent on coordinating with his forces.  But not long after he leaves, there appear to be new developments.  Even her in the spire, Soul Reaver senses massive warp disturbances - very different to those caused by the forces of Chaos - tearing through space above the planet.  And even more follow.

Unsure of what this means, Soul Reaver rises to his feet, gaze fixed to the exit.  When Cameron re-enters, it turns out the new developments are a ray of hope rather than a cause for despair.

"Eldar and Tau forces have arrived. They are helping us fight back the Chaos forces. Now’s our best chance to end this. If everyone is ready, then let’s go."

Already standing and armed, Soul Reaver gives a simple reply.

"I am ready."

Next to him, he notices Jharm trying to convice Gulgrim to unleash his Waagh upon the Chaos forces outside.  He sends a message to the holy warrior.

I have only ever seen Gulgrim's boyz manifest in his immediate presence.  I am not sure he could assist both us and the battle outside.  Nonetheless, it is definitely worth a try.

Jharm can almost hear the raised eyebrow that accompanies the last part of the message.

Though I must admit I am surprised to hear such a suggestion coming from you.  I hope it is not a reflection of how you estimate our chances?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2017, 12:52:50 PM »
Cameron had begun climbing the spiral staircase that leads up to the next section of the Spire, but stops and turns to listen to Jharm's conversation with the Warboss. Though the Warboss doesn't immediately reply, Danyael interjects with a suggestion of his own. Both are speaking of bringing more soldiers into the fray outside. Cameron ponders this for a moment.

The Marines still fighting were already dealing with adjusting to the unfamiliar Seraphim forces in their midst. Now the battlefield is also filled with Eldar and Tau, forces that have traditionally not been allied with humanity. He trusts his forces to not do anything reckless or stupid, but adding Orks to the mix as well could tip that balance to far. The last thing they need is for these allies of convenience to suddenly turn on each other due to a friendly fire incident.

And then there was Danyael. The Imperium Scantus is a group that Cameron has regrettably little information on. The people that Danyael had with him at the start of this campaign did seem formidable, but again, adding another unfamiliar force to the battlefield at this point could do more harm than good. And that wasn't even touching on the most important matter.

"It's a difficult call to make."

Cameron is addressing both Gulgrim and Danyael.

"I have no real control over either of you, so you are both entitled to make whatever you feel is the best decision. However, I do truly believe that at this point, we should allow the battle happening out there to play out on it's own. No matter how many troops we throw at this situation, we will not win unless we take out the leadership. The battle going on out there was always meant to be a diversion. We must focus on getting to the top of this tower and facing whatever we find there. And I feel that I will need both of you at my side and at full strength if we are to see this to the end."

Cameron turns and begins climbing again. Mary, with one final squeeze of Danyael's hand, breaks off from him and falls into step just behind her fellow Elemental.

"What of Karyl, Garr, and Kari? Should we be bringing them here?"

Cameron shakes his head.

"Not necessary. They're fine where they are at the moment. Their help keeping the bottom of the tower secure frees us up to focus on the top, but they're still close enough to respond quickly if we need them."

Mary nods in agreement.

"Just us, then. Let's finish this."

Cameron ascends for far longer than one would think it should take to get to the next floor. Almost 15 minutes elapse before he finally reaches a landing. As he round the corner, he suddenly stops moving. Mary almost collides with him.

"Cameron, what-"

She steps past him and stops short upon catching sight of the focus of his attention. Stretching in front of them is a single corridor, three men wide, that goes on for as far as either of them are able to see. This, of course, exceeds the width of the tower itself, meaning that there is more Chaos magic at play. Lining either side of the corridor are more doors than Cameron can immediately count. Cameron takes off his helmet, frustration clearly evident on his face.

"Great. Just great."

Mary eyes the ceiling.

"We could just go straight up?"

Cameron reaches out a mailed hand and presses it against the nearest wall. He can feel the energy that is coursing through the center of the Spire rumbling through the structure.

"We have no clue where that beam is being directed. We run a huge risk of causing a catastrophic chain reaction if we break through to the wrong place or use the wrong kind of attack."

Cameron forces open a nearby door. Inside is what appears to be a pleasure chamber, unoccupied. Mary tries another door and finds a supply closet. None of the doors are labelled. Mary speaks.

"This could go on forever. We need to think of something."

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2017, 10:19:26 PM »
The Seraphim stops as Cameron speaks towards both Danyael and Gulgrim.

"I have no real control over either of you, so you are both entitled to make whatever you feel is the best decision. However, I do truly believe that at this point, we should allow the battle happening out there to play out on it's own. No matter how many troops we throw at this situation, we will not win unless we take out the leadership. The battle going on out there was always meant to be a diversion. We must focus on getting to the top of this tower and facing whatever we find there. And I feel that I will need both of you at my side and at full strength if we are to see this to the end."

Jharm seems to ponder for a moment, especially as it was he who had initially suggested to the Ork Warboss to bring his Boyz into action.  His minimal understanding of the races of the Imperial universe was rather small outside of obviously the Imperium forces and Chaos forces as he has had quite a few dealings with both.  He was aware though that practically all of the factions were either mortal enemies or at the least...generally aggressive towards each other.  Gulgrims actions thus far had simply succeeded in cementing the angelllic knights understanding that the Orks were one of the "moral enemies" of practically everyone else....including those of their own race. 

"Lord Aileron makes a very valid point.  I must admit that even I am already a little concerned over how these newcomers [the Tau and Eldar] may interact with my people.  Perhaps it would be best if we heed the Commanders suggestion."

He then turns and follows behind Cameron and Mary as they head up the stairs.  Eventually they reach the next landing, the Seraphim managing to keep himself from stumbling over Mary as their leader suddenly halts.

"Cameron, what-"

Following behind Mary the Seraph witnesses the same aggravating sight.  A seemingly endless hallway filled with unmarked doors.

Walking a short distance down the hallway, the Seraphims glowing gaze looks around.  Stopping he kneels down, his armored knee thumping against the floor as he places his empty hand palm down against the floor.  Focusing inwardly he begins to scan the area for any possible signs of any recent evil presence.  Perhaps with luck someone had traveled this route recently and if they could detect that beings trail it would give them at least some idea of possibly a door, or at least doors to focus on.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2017, 05:32:06 PM »
Jharm's silence in response to Soul Reaver's jesting question is just as good an answer as words would have been.  Soul Reaver's expression is dark as he follows Cameron and Jharm up the steps.

He walks in silence, his brooding thoughts his only companion during the unnaturally long ascent.  He eventually arrives behind Jharm and Cameron, facing what seems to be an endless corridor of doors.  Cameron and Mary start trying the nearest doors, much to their exhasperation finding nothing.

Jharm gets down on one knee and Soul Reaver percieves something like a scrying spell emanating from him.

Then again, while Chaos could certainly twist the rules of time and space, there was a chance that the corridor before them is an illusion, not unlike what the companions once faced against Naraka in the Upper Umbra.  Soul Reaver has means to determine if this was the case.

Soul Reaver holds Blooddrinker before him, pointing downards, the flat of the blade facing the corridor.  Soul Reaver's eyes begin crackle with red power, and he grits his teeth as similar arcs of energy begin to play across the surface of the sword.

Forcefully - and painfully - bending the Daemon within the sword to do his will, Soul Reaver demands an answer.

You will show me the truth.  What do you see before you?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:24:15 AM by Soul Reaver »