Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII  (Read 68637 times)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread XII
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2018, 10:26:12 AM »
Kitharsis is finally getting to build another sand castle.

But this one is a supercharged, angry sand castle that is trying to grind away Abbadon to dust.  How fun.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2018, 04:16:00 PM »
Once inside, Soul Reaver wants to wrest the same spirit energy as Abaddon is using to try and counter him/keep him busy.  Soul Reaver has soul absorbing powers too, and he'll be able to observe how Abaddon is doing it (without setting off the rune/sphere of annihilation) now.
As a secondary measure, he's also launching a surprise attack by thrusting Blooddrinker at Abaddon.

Let's see if any of the above works.

Kitharsis is finally getting to build another sand castle.

But this one is a supercharged, angry sand castle that is trying to grind away Abbadon to dust.  How fun.

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2018, 04:24:22 PM »
Hello! ^_^

It has been a week since Cameron's last post! I have sent Idle notices to the following users:

Shadow Chorus

Danyael is not yet idle as he is awaiting approval for a post! Thank you Jharm, Kitharsis, and Soul Reaver for replying promptly!

Don't forget that I cannot put Cameron on the clock until either everyone has posted or has been warned about being idle once and given a week to respond! The sooner you post, the sooner I can make Cameron post more things for you to reply to! ^_^

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2018, 05:26:12 PM »
Just so it's clear, Soul Reaver isn't targeted by The Sand.  Kitharsis is still actively controlling it.

But other than that, it is coming...

;D

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2018, 04:05:29 AM »
Per Discord conversation with Shadow Chorus, he is at GenCon and will be available to post by 08/07.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2018, 09:30:16 AM »
Post incoming tonight
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #46 on: August 06, 2018, 07:04:49 AM »
so I have always felt/said that Furious Angels by Rob Dougan was Jharms "theme song" but recently came across this remix version....and yeah....can TOTALLY see this playing as Jharm is currently attacking Peterson.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyXnvLoltyQ
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2018, 08:16:47 PM »
Per cameron i can post a wrap up post for sepher where he was transported, which i will be doing soon.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2018, 08:19:15 PM »
Thanks for taking care of that, Daccio.

At this point, everyone has posted. I'll be working on my next post this weekend.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2018, 11:34:02 AM »
I'm still working on my post. I'll try to have it up prior to the downtime on Friday.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #50 on: August 18, 2018, 01:31:16 AM »
Sorry, everyone. This week has been incredibly hard on me and I was not able to get my post done before the downtime. I'll work on finishing it sometime Sunday evening.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2018, 02:34:21 PM »
In the interest of time and also giving everyone a chance to defend themselves, I have split my post into two. I'll post the first part when I get home from work.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2018, 01:35:44 AM »
Congratulations, Soul Reaver. Your gambit worked. Welcome to the final phase of the fight.

Peterson is technically out of the fight for the moment, though if you want to chase after him, you may. He is not an immediate threat. Abbadon was at the epicenter of the explosion and you won't be able to sense or see her just yet.

Your next post should detail the efforts you are taking to survive this explosion, which has leveled the top of the Spire completely. Soul Reaver and Danyael will obviously have the least amount of time to react, due to their position at ground zero.

I don't believe I missed anyone, but please let me know if I did or if you have any other questions.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2018, 07:05:33 PM »
Soul Reaver makes a point of memorizing his surroundings before teleporting - particularly in this case where he teleported somehwere that there may not have been any other way out.  As such, he's made use of that foreknowledge to quickly teleport himself AND Danyael back out to the far wall.

He's currently bodily shielding Danyael, with his back to the explosion.  However, he hasn't had time to cast any other protective spells, so unless Danyael manages to pull something out of his hat, he's going to take the brunt of the blast when it goes off.

Danyael, I took the liberty of assuming both the tackle and the teleport would work on Danyael, but if for some reason it doesn't, let me know and I'll edit.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2018, 10:12:40 PM »
Post looked fine, to me. Thanks for the consideration. I'll have my post up tomorrow at the latest.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2018, 02:16:24 AM »
Alright. Got a bit carried away. I'll have a post up over the weekend. Preferably Saturday night.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2018, 10:44:55 AM »
Kitharsis decided that the turtle strategy was his best bet, even if he took a lot of damage in the end.

He's hanging from one of the exterior walls chilling out for a bit until we find out whatever happens next.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2018, 10:54:01 AM »
Was a randomly busy weekend. I'll definitely have a post up by or before 10pm tonight.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2018, 10:49:31 PM »
Danyael made use of his wings to shield both he and Soul Reaver, with the former taking the bigger hit. It hurt. A lot. And after a tender moment of realization (D'awww! He really does care!), he's now calling out for Kith and Mary to see if they survived. I don't think any inappropriate liberties were taken, but let me know if there are concerns.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #59 on: September 01, 2018, 01:26:27 AM »
Looks like everyone posting on time broke *Hanako, so she never actually put me on the clock. :p

I am going to try and get a post up by Sunday night, since I'm on call again starting Monday and won't really have time to post that whole week. Stay tuned.