Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VIII  (Read 52267 times)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VIII
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2013, 01:05:22 PM »
Wow.  You all have been busy.  Sorry for the wait!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2013, 02:19:42 PM »
I'll be getting posts up later today. In the meantime, Jorumn and Gulgrim can feel free to react to Kitharsis's post, especially Jorumn since he's being addressed directly.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2013, 09:16:44 PM »
After re-reading Sepher's post, I have edited my post to keep continuity. I didn't read he had already gotten up and I'm sorry for that. I also added a bit more to my post, referencing Danyael's exile in the warp in this universe. But if it's at all inappropriate or seems to intrude on storytelling elements, please let me know and I will retract it immediately.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:20:17 PM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2013, 11:00:40 PM »
Gotta' say, I'm glad I decided to take Jorumn in this direction.  He is way more interesting to write for now.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2013, 11:37:11 PM »
Just a reminder since this was probably so very long ago that nobody remembers it: during the very earliest stages of the Epic Board Battle, when the character Asaki Masako was defeated by Soul Reaver in combat and asked to join him - that is, when she first became Soul Reaver's ward - he gave her such a silver coin too.  It attached to her forehead and seemed to allow Soul Reaver to sense her even if they got separated.  It was eventually removed when she started following her own destiny and didn't need Soul Reaver's guidance so much anymore.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 11:39:34 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2013, 01:34:13 AM »
@Soul Reaver: Funny you should mention that.

@Danyael: Your edit was fine. More character interaction is always a good thing. And don't worry. Mary has not forgotten about you.

@Everyone: My post did not cover as much as I wanted it to. I got home much later than I intended and I am not feeling great. There was some more dialog I wanted to hammer out with some characters, so I'm moving that along. I should be able to continue to get dialog replies up throughout the day tomorrow and I can get a plot moving post up once I get off work provided that the characters are ready to move on.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2013, 03:08:30 AM »
Thank you, Clutch.

I wanted to get a reply out as quickly as I could, even though it's pretty late. So I might have to make some changes. That being said, a conversation between Danyael and Mary might be a bit complicated, but much desired, considering his changed state of being. He's not the traditional conversationalist anymore, so I'm trying to come up with different ways he can communicate with the companions and elementals.  Just because he doesn't talk much, doesn't mean he doesn't have a lot to say.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2013, 11:06:59 AM »
Nothing like finding an entire cache of info on your NPCs to inspire you to make a long post...

Just a friendly reminder that while the other elementals all reacted to the activity through Future!Mary's sword, only Future!Mary, Present!Mary, and Danyael could see any of what Future!Mary sent out. Danyael, you would not have been able to hear anything that Present!Mary on the Starblade said or thought. Anyone in the church can react to what Garr and Future!Mary said out loud, and anyone on the battery platform can react to Karyl and Cameron's conversation.

Time travel is confusing! So let me know if there's any questions.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 11:09:01 AM by Starblade|MKIV »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2013, 11:31:46 AM »
Danyael wouldn't know that there are two Mary's. It'd probably blow his mind, though. Just saying.  Or maybe he could figure it out? If anything, it'd make for an interesting conversation, but I'd rather not go that far without permission.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2013, 01:56:34 PM »
Actually, given the visions Danyael was just shown, it's not only reasonable to assume that there are two Mary's, but also wouldn't be entirely inaccurate to come to the conclusion that there are THREE Mary's.

That being said, feel free to have him pursue that line of questioning in conversation if you don't want him to jump to the conclusion on his own.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2013, 03:30:21 PM »
Whoa  :o. I wouldn't have thought of it that way. Nice.

By the way, I just wanted to be sure: When Mary is asking 'What happened to his eyes?" was she talking about Cameron's injuries in the vision or was she referring to Danyael's 'blindness'? Didn't want to get anything wrong when I post.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2013, 04:40:09 PM »
That would have been referring to Cameron's eyes on the vision.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2013, 02:36:48 AM »
Things seem to be moving along at a pretty good pace. Sorry I didn't get any more posts up today. I'll be sure to have some up throughout the day tomorrow.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2013, 08:32:17 AM »
Labyrinth groups, the elevator/door gathering is your last chance to take care of any additional dialog you may want to have with the NPCs. Once everyone indicates that they're ready, we'll move to the next area.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2013, 09:11:13 AM »
Is the elevator big enough for all of us + my mob of boyz?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2013, 09:15:53 AM »
The elevator is as big as the plot dictates it is (I'll retcon if I have to.) 6 meters is about 20 feet.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2013, 09:55:01 PM »
To clarify, what he just did was a combination of necromancy and puppeteering.  The body itself cannot act on its own, and can only act in capacities as though it were an extension of Jorumn's new body's mind.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2013, 08:59:09 AM »
I have a couple of things on my agenda for today. Going to get posts up to move the two labyrinth groups along at some point today, as soon as I have a chance. I also plan on posting an NPC refresher, since we have a lot of new people and it's been a few years since I've described what the elementals, Kalana, or even Cameron look like. I haven't decided if I'm going to just post that here or make a thread for it in Battle Related, so keep your eyes out for that.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2013, 02:28:24 PM »
Just a heads up. I will not be posting at all tomorrow. I have a funeral to go to and I also need to spend some time working on my D&D game for this Sunday. I still plan on getting some posts up today (would have done it already but work has been too busy for me to type) and I'll resume posting on Saturday. (EDIT: I don't even remember half of Saturday. I definitely wasn't coherent enough to post. Sorry.)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 12:59:33 PM by Starblade|MKIV »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2013, 12:58:24 PM »
I apologize for my absence this weekend. Things were insane. I will have posts up for all groups and Soul Reaver by the end of the day. Thanks for your patience.