Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX  (Read 77639 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX
« Reply #160 on: November 09, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »
You really don't need to wait on me if you don't want to. My post is only about 30% done, so it may be a little while yet.

Any update on this?  It's been a week, and I was hoping to keep moving this forward....
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:00:26 PM by Hanako »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #161 on: November 09, 2015, 10:21:44 PM »
Any update on this?  It's been a week, and I was hoping to keep moving this forward....

Hoping to have my post up tomorrow night or Wednesday by the latest. I'll keep you posted.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:00:46 PM by Hanako »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #162 on: November 09, 2015, 10:26:58 PM »
starting my vacation this Weds., so will be getting a post up during that time.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #163 on: November 10, 2015, 10:16:17 AM »
Soul, is the wall of flame you summoned in between yourself and Jharm still present, or did it fade away after the fight between you and Fei ended?  If not, how wide is it?  From the description it is really tall but not really sure how much distance it covers, so if it's still around I dont know how much effort/time Jharm has to spend to "rejoin" the fray.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #164 on: November 10, 2015, 04:13:36 PM »
The Darkfire Wall is still there.  It's curved and about 16 meters in length overall, with Jharm in the middle of that distance.  So Jharm would have to cover about 8 meters of distance to get around around it if that's what he's going to do.  So if he really pushes himself he'll probably be rounding the side of it just in time to see the outcome of Soul Reaver and Fei's battle.

It's much taller than it is wide, so flying over it, while possible, would take much longer.

The Darkfire gives off intense heat which is easily felt when close to it, so Jharm will know that it's harmful.  Jumping through is not recommended.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 04:16:43 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #165 on: November 11, 2015, 12:43:37 AM »
My post is up. It is extremely long, and for that, I am sorry.

The majority of it is mostly me getting my Battle Master thing on for the first time in a while, wrapping up some plot threads, catching up the NPC battle that is currently happening, and explaining why Cameron has been MIA for most of the Soul Reaver fight.

The last paragraph or so is Cameron's actual attack on Soul Reaver. To sum it up, Cameron is basically using Cataclysm, his Ultimate from To The Bitter End. Everyone but Soul Reaver should be protected from it's effects unless Soul Reaver takes the time to render the defenses useless (which would be ill advised unless it's a suicide maneuver). The melee attacks at the front of it are to hopefully distract Soul Reaver and make him unable to render an effective defense. He's attacking with Valermos and Anathros, two of the sentient elemental blades, so both are inherently magical and will do some damage if they strike home.

Sorry for the wait.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #166 on: November 11, 2015, 11:35:55 PM »
Will be posting friday. First day off of nursing school and work both, in a while.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #167 on: November 12, 2015, 05:41:38 PM »
Sounds like several pending responses still so I'll hold off posting a bit longer to give more people a chance to reply.

By the way, Cameron, you might need to edit your post slightly - Soul Reaver also attacked you in that post:

Not waiting to see how successful his attack has been, Soul Reaver whirls to face Cameron.  Swirling black mana twists around Soul Reaver’s form, then suddenly coalesces into a myriad of swords, all pointed blade-first at the armoured warrior.  With machine-gun rapidity and unnatural precision the swords fire themselves blade-first at the Cameron, intending the skewer him even through his massive armour.

It's a Bladestrike spell.  The swords are created from solidified dark magic, so they're physical projectiles but can harm things immune to non-magical attacks.  They can be dodged and/or parried, but they're fast and there are a lot of them.  They'll vanish back into wisps of dark magic a few seconds after impact/missing.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:51:45 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #168 on: November 12, 2015, 08:57:51 PM »
Sounds like several pending responses still so I'll hold off posting a bit longer to give more people a chance to reply.

By the way, Cameron, you might need to edit your post slightly - Soul Reaver also attacked you in that post...

It's a Bladestrike spell.  The swords are created from solidified dark magic, so they're physical projectiles but can harm things immune to non-magical attacks.  They can be dodged and/or parried, but they're fast and there are a lot of them.  They'll vanish back into wisps of dark magic a few seconds after impact/missing.

Ive edited my post to compensate for this.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 09:14:22 PM by Cameron »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #169 on: November 13, 2015, 04:00:38 PM »
If anyone needs clarification on anything or sees something wrong with what i posted, let me know. It was a lot to read through and catch up on

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #170 on: November 13, 2015, 09:39:38 PM »
Should any of the companions (except for Soul Reaver) look at Jharm it would be comparable to gazing up at the sun while here on Earth.  Soul Reaver it is more like he is right in front of the sun and gazing into it with his eyes wide open.  Jharm will be maintaining the radiance until the attacks of the other companions finish as he attempts to blind/disorient Soul Reaver.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #171 on: November 14, 2015, 03:53:56 PM »
Ive edited my post to compensate for this.

Uh, actually that attack occurred ages go - it was in my post just after your previous post (ie, just after Blooddrinker stopped Cameron's psychic communication to Soul Reaver).  So that happened well before the fight against Fei.  I don't think Cameron would have had time to try and help Kalana and the rest before being hit - it's something he would have had to deal with almost instantly after dismissing Blooddrinker's image from his head, meaning that Kalana wouldn't have been in his mind to help him draw his earth-aligned sword for the parrying yet.

I'm not sure if it's worth editing since it wasn't supposed to be some game-changing attack but it does seem a bit weird reading the response. :P
« Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 11:33:54 PM by Hanako »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #172 on: November 14, 2015, 11:37:35 PM »
Uh, actually that attack occurred ages go - it was in my post just after your previous post (ie, just after Blooddrinker stopped Cameron's psychic communication to Soul Reaver).  So that happened well before the fight against Fei.  I don't think Cameron would have had time to try and help Kalana and the rest before being hit - it's something he would have had to deal with almost instantly after dismissing Blooddrinker's image from his head, meaning that Kalana wouldn't have been in his mind to help him draw his earth-aligned sword for the parrying yet.

I'm not sure if it's worth editing since it wasn't supposed to be some game-changing attack but it does seem a bit weird reading the response. :P

I've edited my post again. Cameron now dodges the attack as he leaves to go back to the barrier. This occurs at the very beginning of the post. I've reverted the end of my post back to the original text.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 12:15:22 AM by Cameron »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #173 on: November 15, 2015, 02:04:37 AM »
So the battle's back on. Nice. In spite of reading everyone's posts, I honestly have no idea what to do next or how to appropriately do it. :-\
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #174 on: November 15, 2015, 03:44:28 PM »
So the battle's back on. Nice. In spite of reading everyone's posts, I honestly have no idea what to do next or how to appropriately do it. :-\

Well, Kitharsis tore Danyael out of the chain barrier, brought him to safety, surrounded him a protective barrier of sand (which is still active and follows him around) and had a Skeletal mage start healing him.

So I guess key things to respond to are:
- Kitharsis leaping in to save Danyael from the killing blow
- The skeletal mage using healing magic on Danyael (how effective is it?)
- Soul Reaver and Fei impaling each other and Fei disappearing as a result
- How Danyael reacts to the current situation (ie, Soul Reaver badly wounded, Cameron and Sepher are attacking him, Jharm is offering support, Gulgrim is holding back for now but getting ready for something)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #175 on: November 16, 2015, 10:16:14 AM »
Lots of activity since I checked last!

Post summary:

- The bone golem dodged Soul Reaver's attack by diverting the Tirthandaran energy to other parts of its body.  Bonedrinker cut through lifeless bones.  It did grab a small amount of energy, but it was not the devastating blow as expected.
- The bone golem then shed a large amount of its bones for an attack on Soul Reaver.  The bones are swarming Soul Reaver and constantly raining down blows.  The bones are not interfering with the other companions and will not hinder their attacks.
- Kitharsis lept in next to Sepher and is raining down blows of his own. 

Yay!

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #176 on: November 23, 2015, 10:12:00 PM »
Alright, I've posted.

Soul Reaver's pretty much just defending himself at first (and suffering numerous minor injuries in the process).  When he snaps out of it he:
- Surrounds himself with a barrier of darkness that hides him from view and blocks Jharm's blinding glow
- Unleashes the stored power in his Retribution Shield

Normally, the Retribution Shield is a defensive/offensive Dark Sorcery - it acts absorbs/reduces incoming damage, then deals any damage it absorbed right back to the attacker (in the source material the returned damage is near-instant and thus can't be dodged or avoided - magical armor may offer some protection however).

When Soul Reaver uses the spell, he modifies it to 'store up' damage for use all at once at a later time, rather than returning it with each hit.  Considering how long the shield has been in place, and how much damage it's absorbed, there's a LOT of stored up energy in there.

If he'd used it on a single target it likely would have disintegrated them several times over, but luckily he's been forced to spread it out over several targets.

The largest part of the energy was used to blast the comet to shards.  However, anyone hit by the bolt will feel a severe kinetic impact (which will knock them backwards) and suffer considerable damage (certainly enough for them to feel it).

The remaining bolts targeted Jharm, Cameron, Kitharsis, Kitharsis' golem, and Sepher.  Gulgrim and Danyael weren't targeted.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #177 on: November 23, 2015, 11:00:05 PM »
So a quick summary of Gulgrim's (probably) final attack, so as to avoid confusion.

Gulgrim has finally unleashed just about every last drop of WAAAGH!!! energy that he's been building up, both during the fight that he's been participating in, and from his long death march. Prior to unleashing it, it was overflowing so much that he was losing a bit of control with it, which is why his telepathic message was almost painfully forceful to receive, to the point that he couldn't even control who heard it, even Soul Reaver got it, and why his regular actions were so over-exaggerated.

Now that he's unleashed it, it intially manifests as a directionless green hurricane around him that is dangerous for anyone to be in. Anyone close to Soul Reaver and Gulgrim is at risk of being basically zapped, bashed, and slashed by razor winds of raw power. After a few moments of subjecting the area around himself to this, he begins to focus his energy into a point, and it goes from a hurricane to a hammer, which he begins to attempt to smash Soul Reaver into the ground with.

During this time period, while there is still a lot of dangerous phenomena occurring around Gulgrim; rocks flying, lightning striking, etc., it's not really dangerous to anyone of our heroes' power level, and mostly for special effects. Gulgrim himself is motionless and unresponsive. Attacks towards him will almost certainly strike as he is currently unable to act while channeling so much raw energy into a focused attack like the one he is attempting to use on Soul Reaver.

The raw force itself is pure WAAAGH!!! energy, and is attempting to slam Soul Reaver into the ground repeatedly under its force. The primary attempt at first is to incapacitate him, but if nobody has anything to do to try one more attempt to save Soul Reaver, hence gulgrim's 'One chance' speech, he will proceed to attempt to kill him.

If anyone has any questions or issues, feel free to PM me about my post.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 11:05:34 PM by Shadow Chorus »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2015, 08:50:46 AM »
I am off Tuesday (well more like monday afternoon to tuesday afternoon) and will get a post up then.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #179 on: December 03, 2015, 07:27:01 AM »
Going to try and have a post up sometime this weekend. If all goes according to plan, I'll be coordinating my post with Daccio's and Jharm's posts.