Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread  (Read 37156 times)

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 11:06:53 PM »
i.e. they don't go through Avalon? Or it's assumed that they do so and are just poofed to us?
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2010, 02:35:48 AM »
They will be arriving at the Seer's "late" and she will port them to Avalon.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2010, 03:09:37 AM »
Okay. You are now going to be sent through the portal to Avalon, which is where my next post will pick up. If you have anything else you would like to say to the Seer before you leave, please do so in your next post.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2010, 08:52:35 AM »
Done my post, and I don't think it's too graphic to warrant an edit. Though if need be, I can do so!

Rejoice for the second half of the journey!
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2010, 11:28:23 AM »
@John: Nope. That should be fine. As long as you keep it PG-16 and don't make mentions to velvet curtains or throbbing members, you should be alright.

@All: Feel free to begin your posts with how moving through the portal feels to you. The experience of the portal will be different for everyone, so if you would like, feel free to describe the sensation.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2010, 02:20:33 PM »
Bah, stuck at work today with nothing to do.  Sorry if I'm posting too much.

*Twiddles thumbs*

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2010, 02:38:58 PM »
There is no such thing as posting too much. :-P

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2010, 02:55:58 PM »
NPC thread has been updated. :)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2010, 11:04:03 PM »
So, Cameron and I were having a discussion regarding average posts per day. For the record, I am on summer break right now from teaching. Post until your heart's content. The more you all update, the more I will update. :) I do check the boards frequently (at the very least, twice a day.)

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #49 on: July 18, 2010, 11:28:44 PM »
There is no such thing as posting too much. :-P

Determined only by the topic at hand or the name (and rep) of the poster... :-\ 

I'm having some trouble developing my character. I really like how your battle's going, though. Creative stuff, filled with different possibilities. Not sure how much weight the good will holds, but keep up the great work, to all players involved.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #50 on: July 19, 2010, 06:08:03 AM »
Aaaah! Faidth is a teacher! :O Now I shake in fear.

Nah I don't. School proper has started for me and I'm getting my results back this week.

Thanks Danyael :D

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2010, 10:21:53 AM »
@Danyael: Thanks.  :)

New thread (Enemies) is up in Battle Related Topics. I know that this is the third thread I've introduced over there that is related to this BB, but because of the plethora of NPCs and all of the background associated with the setting, I wanted to make sure you have a reference guide for the topics in case you need to refer back to anything later.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2010, 12:56:25 PM »
@Kith: I wasn't sure if you already had a backstory worked up for Faile's origins, so if you had something different in mind, let me know and I will edit my post, updating it with something different. I thought that this journey to Avalon might serve as a way for Sembas to learn a little bit that he didn't know about his constant companion.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #53 on: July 19, 2010, 03:42:53 PM »
No thats great!  Tying everything together like that really involves Faile with the story.  Just remember that they've spent every waking hour together since they found each other in the mountains, so there shouldn't be too many secrets.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: July 19, 2010, 03:45:03 PM »
Gotcha. The way I figure it, Faile left from Avalon, made her way through the Wastes, and then was fortunate enough to find you. Thus, no major secrets between her departure from this place and her arrival at your side.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #55 on: July 19, 2010, 07:57:23 PM »
Regarding the romance subplot, if you have say 3 NPCs at stage 3, is that considered cassanova-ing? Or does it only count if one's your girlfriend/boyfriend?

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: July 19, 2010, 10:46:17 PM »
@ John: There is nothing wrong with merely being interested in more than one NPC (i.e. Stage 1) However, as soon as you move to Stage 2, the NPC will have a vested interest in you.

For example, let's say that you get to Stage 2 with Cleo and you get the ability that allows you to summon her to your side. In the mean time, let's say you have also hit Stage 2 with someone like Serenity. Then you would be taking the "Cassanova" route. While this is totally do-able, it does mean that when one of them finds out, the excrement will hit the fan in an awe-inspiring manner. Basically, once you surpass the "I like you" stage and actively decide to pursue the romance, you're locked in with that character. If you choose to abandon the relationship, you abandon any perks that it provides.

Let's say you get to Level 3 with both Serenity and Cleo. You will enjoy the benefits of both (at least temporarily.) Unfortunately, you will have to make a choice between the two, and when you do, you will lose ALL benefits from the party that you abandoned.

Btw, as of right now, I have 7 possible romance options available for NPCs. However, if you stumble upon an NPC that is not named as a potential love interest, I can likely convert that for you.

Almost forgot... It is entirely possible to pursue a romance and still keep everyone else as allies. For example, let's say you pursue Serenity as a romance option, but keep Cleo as an ally. Cleo will still provide you with at least one spell, skill, or attribute, depending upon the level of your friendship.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 11:04:27 PM by Faidth »

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2010, 09:51:04 AM »
Thoroughly annoyed that just at the moment when I hit post, my internet failed to load.

Argh. Lesson learnt.

I'll post something shorter this time, or just wait till tomorrow to do a full post and update.

Offline Faran Beshral

• Scout Sergeant
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2010, 01:38:44 PM »
John, Open a text doc, write everything in there and save it on your computer. Then copy paste it into the bbs. This way the internet can't sabotage you and you have a record of what you wrote.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2010, 04:22:43 AM »
Yep, doing that from now on :D

In any case, that may have been a good thing. I'm thinking maybe Fenwick's book will come alive for a while here, like a foreshadow to Cleo's words.

Unless you had something else in mind Faidth?