Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 4  (Read 48258 times)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 4
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2013, 06:29:48 PM »
Because you're all such awesome players, time for presents! As mentioned before, interactions with NPCs and uncovering plot points can warrant new attributes or abilities.

@Sembas: The book Merchant has given you contains two new Wisdom-based spells.

@Fenwick: All that time spent in the library and conversing with Cleo has earned you Intelligence: Spellcasting as an attribute. You may give yourself two new damage-dealing spells.

@Siron: Through sparring with Corvus, you may grant yourself Dexterity: Dodge

@Fjorin: Getting chummy with Lai and letting him channel his powers through your movements has given you Dexterity: Dodge.

@Sig: Hanging out with Miss Moody (a.k.a Blood) and your uncanny ability to talk her into sensibility from time to time has given you Charisma: Intimidation/Persuasion

Please edit your characters sheets to reflect these new developments.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2013, 04:06:05 PM »
You can expect a big plot post by Friday at the latest. :)

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2013, 04:37:33 PM »
Looking forward to it!
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2013, 01:24:25 PM »
Whew! Another long one! I need the formal "yay" or "nay" on the Bulwark offer from Fjorin and Siron. Once we tend to that, the rest of the party will be allowed into the office and you will all receive orders for a new mission. Once you get your orders, you will have the opportunity for any last minute business in Avalon before departing for an extended journey. You'll likely be away for a few weeks in game, so if there is anything you need to do in town, do so then.

@Kitharsis: I have not forgotten about Faile's nest. After the mission orders, you will have the opportunity to acquire the falcon form from Dennan before you leave on the next mission. It would certainly be helpful to have another airborn scout because Besnik and Archer will not be accompanying the party on this mission. I can assure you both Faile and you will return in time for the birth of her hatchlings. I wouldn't want her to be a deadbeat mom. :P

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2013, 03:16:00 PM »
Thank you for allowing for so much character development now that things have picked up again!

That last post is awesome, Faidth.  Your writing is always so impressive.  Its great that it also brings out excellent work from everyone participating too!

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2013, 03:21:43 PM »
Thank you for allowing for so much character development now that things have picked up again!

That last post is awesome, Faidth.  Your writing is always so impressive.  Its great that it also brings out excellent work from everyone participating too!

I second that statement.

I am too tired to post now, so I will do so when I wake up in the morning.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2013, 04:46:46 PM »
@Kith & Radobe: Thank you very much! I am really happy to hear that everyone is enjoying it so far! Players like all of you make it easy to write good posts. You give me so much to work with! I like to make sure that all of the players involved get the opportunity to develop their characters. I think it makes the story more interesting that way. Plot is all well and good, but as I tell my students, characters should always be the driving force in any narrative.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2013, 09:25:09 PM »
Agreed with the prior comments!  Can't wait to post Fjorin's reactions to this one. :P

But yeah, there's always such a high standard set with each post.  It's all I can do to try and keep up!  I'll get there someday.  XD

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2013, 09:32:45 PM »
@Archdemon Stu: Thanks. ;)  I'm looking forward to hearing Fjorin weigh in, too!

Lai has been an interesting NPC to write for. I had not planned to have the spirit be nearly so integral, but she has such great chemistry with Fjorin that it was pretty neat to develop the Carnis as sympathetic entities. Originally, I had intended for her to be more of a male-gendered spirit, but I actually like the character more as female. I think she displays equal parts badass and vulnerable. The good news is despite the fact Lai has a physical form, she will not lose her abilities. Instead, they will be converted to Wisdom-based spells.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2013, 09:41:43 PM »
Haha, developments lately have been keeping me surprised, that's for sure.  From exploding people to docile and peaceful, the forms (from Bjornfir to her current form), information on the Forsaken and the Lady of Shadows, prophecies of Fjorin, the past of the Carnis... just awesome.

Seriously we all just need to get in a Skype call and talk characters across the board one of these days.  I love the twists and turns some of them take and sometimes I just wanna' gush at people.  It's like playing Mass Effect all the way through and having no one to talk to about it.

EDIT: Also, will be posting for this and Epic BB tonight.

EDIT of EDIT: And good news about Lai keeping the powers!  They shall be mine... one day... *scheme*

EDIT of EDIT of EDIT: Something came up, won't be able to post tonight, but I'll be scheming so that Sunday I'll be able to slap it right up!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 11:19:42 PM by Archdemon Stu »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2013, 11:46:27 PM »
I'll be posting for Sig tomorrow prior to me posting for the Eye of Terror thread.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2013, 11:04:28 AM »
Grrr, I'm really really sorry for not posting!!!! I've been going out every day of the week, coupled with a new laptop to move data over into and preparations for going to UK. I'll get one up within the next 12 hours :(
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »
@john greymore: Don't apologize! Life happens. Get to it at your leisure. :)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2013, 06:36:28 PM »
I will be making the next big plot post either tomorrow or Thursday, so if you have a reaction post you would like to put up to reflect the events thus far, please try to do so by tomorrow afternoon.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2013, 05:17:56 PM »
I warned you about stairs, bro. I told you dog.

Post is up. :D

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2013, 06:55:30 PM »
@Sig: Bahahaha! Well-played. :p

I'll have the next plot post up for you tomorrow. New orders and last minute business in Avalon before departing on the next leg of our journey. BTW, I have something particularly awesome planned for the month of October. I am not one to get into real-life themes in Board Battles, but let's just say the Immortalis have a holiday that is very similar to Halloween. I promise it won't be cheesy. :) 

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2013, 06:56:40 PM »
If you would like any further clarification about the mission, or anything that was mentioned regarding the two places you will visit (i.e. the Sanguine Fields and the Marrow) feel free to ask. So far, anyone in the party that wants to attend will be accompanied by Corvus, Dennan, Blood, and Lai.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2013, 05:36:21 AM »
I only wrote a short answer, since Siron will not be curious at this point in time.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2013, 11:18:42 AM »
I mentioned this in the Eye of Terror OOC but I'll repeat it here. I am going out of town tonight and won't be back until Monday. I'll still be checking the boards, but I may not have a chance to post until I get back.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »
%Archdemon Stu: I probably should have referenced this in the post. The contents are the size and shape of a bowling ball, but the item feels practically weightless.