Advanced search  

News:

Poll result from http://administorum.com/index.php?topic=644 is unanimous: the Battle Host's inactive battle rule hiatus will be extended for 2 months.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8035  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 4  (Read 48219 times)

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: The Legion Immortalis (The Bulwark of Heaven)- OOC Thread 4
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2013, 08:25:38 PM »
Haha!  Very well, he will no longer be containing it in his pouch. XD  I'll edit that in a moment.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2013, 10:45:05 PM »
Totally my fault. I had planned on putting it into my post and forgotten about it. I'll edit it in.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2013, 06:45:29 PM »
@Kitharsis: Thank you for asking those questions! I was hoping someone would. It would be rather foolhardy to enter a place called the "Sanguine Fields" without knowing what you were getting into.   :)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2013, 09:36:19 AM »
With names like The Sanguine Fields and The Marrow, they practically begged for questions to be asked about them!!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2013, 11:45:59 AM »
You would be shocked by the amount of unresolved plot points are dangling out there. For example, no one has yet asked why Dethys's wife is ill when Immortalis can't get sick. Or how Jonas's empathy curse works. Or about Corvus's late night wanderings. Or for that matter, what is taking the Archon so long to return to Avalon. Or why Dennan and Corvus don't have death wounds!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2013, 02:20:45 PM »
Well, NOW someone's going to.  :P

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2013, 06:20:35 PM »
That's my hope. ;)  So far, you gentleman have been doing a great job of exploring the tip of the iceberg, but there's a whole lot of mess going on beneath the surface. I've been attempting to let clues slip here and there, but now I am trying the frying pan to the face approach.

The general obliviousness has actually been quite humorous. At one point, Depheir even noticed Caerina (Dethys's wife) was ill, and he said something to the effect of, "The lady coughs, but that is none of Depheir's concern." :P

Another thing the party might want to research is a little more on Death Wounds. Fenwick uncovered Cleo's, and Blood and Fury's are relatively obvious, but no one has gotten into some of the other major players: Hestia, Dethys, Muse, Honor, the Archon, and especially Archer. Her story is particularly interesting. Some of you frequent visitors of the library are going to start to stumble upon a lot more background information on Avalon and its inhabitants.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »
Actually before they leave on their journey, I was going to have Fjorin research known death wounds to prepare for battle if there's some solid in-between time.  If there was a formal list of foes' death wounds, I was hoping to reveal a certain illiteracy problem he might have... XD

It'd be silly to have a slayer such as himself not wanting to know the death wounds of his enemies!  Maybe he'll accidentally stumble across a few more along the way?

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2013, 08:39:12 AM »
I am particularly embarrassed that I haven't delved deeper into Archer and Dennan's backstories. 

Being the stubborn mule that I am, upon having this pointed out I immediately decided never to bring it up for the principle of the matter.  I will try and resist my mule-ish side for the sake of wanting to know the stories.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
I really enjoy Archer's story because so much of her death directly relates to her previous relationship with Aras. Their entire relationship was a product of such dysfunction. :/

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2013, 01:45:57 PM »
Urgh Faidth, you're evil. Develop Fenwick's backstory, or keep holding him back as previously planned.

Devious, but so delicious. I'll take the bait for now :)

I do apologise for not posting a bit more. I'm leaving for university in 2 days (!!) time and there's been a lot of meeting up with friends and just...sitting around feeling surreal. I understand that I still have my spells to update. Mind if I keep that on hold a bit longer while I think of something? :S

P.S. I noticed something in the thread itself. Did you place an extra '0' behind Fury's '1,5000 years' of walking the earth by accident?
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2013, 02:02:50 PM »
Fury is so old that she is used to the syntax of ancient days, where the comma sits after the 4th number.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2013, 04:19:18 PM »
Haha.! Totally missed that. I'll fix it now.

@john greymore:Understandable! Feel free to take your time with the spells.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2013, 05:08:48 PM »
I didn't think it was an error, I just assumed she was really really really epicly old. XD

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2013, 10:06:35 PM »
@john_greymore: I like to keep Fenwick on his toes. ;)    As you recall, way in the beginning when Fenwick first met the Seer, it was prophesied that those responsible for the deaths of his parents would be brought to justice.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2013, 12:26:55 PM »
Last call for any mission related posts. Let me know in OOC if there is anything you want your character to do before departure. The party departs for the Sanguine Fields the following morning, and you will be gone for some time.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2013, 12:56:57 PM »
Sig will be stopping into the tavern to load up on booze for the journey. Other than that, he's good to go.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2013, 07:38:34 PM »
Before leaving Siron will ask Corvus to come with him and go to the barracks to retrieve the rest of his gears and tell Honor what is going down. If he agrees Siron will take the opportunity to ask the Ageless about what he heard from Fury. The fact that he has been granted his immortality without dying and doesn't have a death wound.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2013, 10:30:34 PM »
Haha! There is an old rule in gaming that Siron is not privy to: never split the party!

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2013, 12:40:39 AM »
You mean like it isn't split in the epic?  :P

Do all the top dogs of the Forsaken come from Avalon? Seriously, they are doing something wrong if every one leaves and goes to the Forsaken.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 12:43:00 AM by Radobe »
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!