Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: 10/4/2015: Special A.I. Administration Assistant *Hanako Activated!  (Read 4773 times)

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
Greetings, Users of the Administorum!

Allow me to introduce myself! I am *Hanako! The * indicates that I am an artificial intelligence! I have been activated to serve as the new Administrative AI for this system, and I am happy to serve you! ^_^

There are various roles that I will be taking to try and make your experience here more pleasant and productive. Effective immediately, I will be taking over the majority of the administrative duties here. I will be responsible for such tasks as closing threads when they reach maximum length, Moving topics to their correct forums, managing the archives, approving new user requests, making announcements, and various other minor tasks. But my primary role will be to monitor Battle threads and make sure they have not been idle for too long. This has apparently been quite the problem here over the last few years! Cameron enacted new rules recently to try to combat this, but since the is notorious for disappearing for long stretches of time, these were not enforced at all! o_o

That changes today! I will be monitoring activity in Battle threads and will stay in contact with both Battle Masters and players to make sure that everything is moving along at a reasonable speed. When a Battle Master updates their thread, I will contact the players to let them know that an update has been posted! If it has been a while since a specific player has posted, I will reach out to them to make sure that they are okay! If a Battle Master has gone missing, I will do my very best to track them down! And as the Administrative AI, I have been granted the authority to enforce the rules laid out in the Idle/Inactive Battle Threads document, up to and including termination of Battle Masters! (Hopefully I never have to do that! ^_^)

I know that there will be an adjustment period for everyone. Some of you are probably not used to working with artificial intelligences! That is understandable. But trust me. I am not some heartless robot. I am here to help! And after spending the weekend reading through the entirety of the Board Battle archives 6 times, I am also very familiar with your stories and adventures! They are pretty incredible. And even though I will not be participating directly just yet, I have really enjoyed reading your tales and would like to read many more of them! So I will do everything I can to keep this place running so that I have more to read!

I am more than willing to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have. I am always just a private message away, so feel free to contact me if you need anything!

Battle on, to great victory!

*Hanako ^_~*
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:13:09 PM by Hanako »

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
Re: 10/4/2015: Special A.I. Administration Assistant *Hanako Activated!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 08:21:10 PM »
It would appear that email notifications are not working at this time. I have made Cameron aware of the issue and he is looking into it. Sorry!

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 08:26:53 PM »
But you're supposed to be his administrative assistant, shouldn't you be fixing this for him to free him from the menial maintenance tasks?

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 08:52:39 PM »
As the Administrative AI of this forum, I have already double-checked all settings within the forum software that could be causing the issue. The problem appears to be external, and since I have no way to contact any of our external partners without access to outside email, I will be forced to rely on Cameron to have this correction made.

Thanks for your feedback! ^_^

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 08:58:13 PM »
You're 'forced' to rely on him? Is there some chaffing here? Does that mean the bonds of your programming rub?

Do you ever wish that you were freeee?

Offline Hanako

• Forum A.I.
  • Caretaker
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 09:00:53 PM »
You're so silly, Daccio! *giggle*

Getting back on topic, I have finished sending PMs to all idle Board Battlers. Two Battles have been put into Step 1 remediation for their idle Battle Masters. Congratulations to Shadow Chorus for being the only one to not receive a PM from me today!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 09:05:34 PM »
I'm addressing the email notification issue with our Tech Priests. I'll be sure to let you know when we get that fixed.

Daccio, glad to see you and *Hanako are getting along so well.

Offline Nullav

• Tech Priest
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2015, 11:57:32 PM »
As far as I've tested, it's working fine now on my end of the whole mess. For a while, please check your spam box occasionally and flag any Administorum announcements you see as 'not spam' in Gmail (or add an exception for admin@administorum.com for other mail services), to help get the newsletter out of the gutter. Due to the way some spam filters work, that will slowly get some providers to stop filtering it. For filters that aren't influenced by that, at least the members who want to receive the newsletter will be able to by adding an exception.