Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Official Administorum Star Wars: The Old Republic Guild  (Read 62829 times)

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: Official Administorum Star Wars: The Old Republic Guild
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2011, 10:34:25 AM »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2011, 02:37:28 PM »
http://kotaku.com/5832876/ea-confirms-launch-copies-of-star-wars-the-old-republic-will-be-limited

There ya go Kith...prolly a good idea to grab a copy now if you are interested in it...looking at the system specs they dont look too bad to at least be able to play decently.  Might need to turn some effects down/off thats all.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2011, 01:54:01 PM »
Yeah the specs look really manageable.  I have them covered but I want allllll the shinies I can get.  Probably going to spring for a better video card sometime soon.

The site was acting funny today when I was updating my account.  I was going to pre-order but that kinda scared me off for a bit.

Part of me wants to think that article is just one of those "Supplies limited!!  Get them while they last!!!" infomercial type things.  But then again there's a little voice in my head screaming about availability actually running out and me being screwed for a month or so.  Wheres my credit card...

On a more gameplay related note, are we going to be rolling on a PVE, PVE-RP, PVP, or PVP-RP server?  Those are the usual breakdowns I think so I'm assuming there will be something like it for SWTOR.  I prefer PVE or PVE-RP.  I'm not much for getting ganked while slaughtering my 10 gnoll pups as a level 5, so I usually stick to PVE servers.  What is everyones thoughts on this?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2011, 02:46:43 PM »
On a more gameplay related note, are we going to be rolling on a PVE, PVE-RP, PVP, or PVP-RP server?

We're set up as a PVE guild.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2011, 03:12:51 PM »
Yes ...that vote was quite quickly made overwhelminly in favor of pve :) also kith...the fact ive seen the limited release thing mentioned at a number of cons and confirmed by bigwigs makes me think its real...and honestly in a way it makes sense especially since SWTOR is pulling from the MMO fan and star wars fan pools.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2011, 09:53:24 AM »
Awesome.  I've rolled on PVP servers with friends before an while bearable its not my favorite.

The reason they are giving for limiting copies at release is a good one.  They don't want their servers to get overloaded so they're bottlenecking the amount of people playing.

If that means a smooth and stable release I'm all for it.

Based on our estimates, you ARE likely to receive your pre-order.

Good to go!  Allow me to join the ranks of pre-ordered.  Let it be know that I never, ever do this...  Peer pressure...  ::)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2011, 12:53:42 PM »
Dont worry kith...if it winds up sucking (highly doubtful) we will all suffer for it together....especially those of us springing for the CE version *raises hand*

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2011, 03:02:27 PM »
Order confirmed.

You sprung for the CE?  Dang thats like 3x the normal price!

You'll be enjoying your flare gun and segway scooter thing while I'm huffing it on foot :P

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2011, 08:16:48 PM »
hehe im not the only one who did :D but yeah...decided that since it could very well be the next MMO i stick with...i decided to go all out.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2011, 09:42:43 AM »
One thing im curious about is if anyone will mic up for this game.  I found it to be fun when playing lotro to use voice in game but since we'll be straining to hear quests and npc voices could be more of a hinderance than a good thing.   Hard to tell just yet.   I really look forward to Guild Operations, :-P hopefully we can all take part in some fun stuff.   Not going to dedicate my life to this game, but will put in around 5-10 hours a week if I have the chance, although that will fluctuate months after the release.   Also BF3 might wipe a lot of my game time out also, too busy blowing stuff up.

I'm giving the game a firm 6 month commitment before I consider how I continue.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2011, 03:15:37 PM »
Just found this online:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/08/report-gamestop-opening-deus-ex-copies-removing-free-game-code.ars?comments=1#comments-bar

Makes me wish I didn't Pre-order SW:TOR from Gamestop...   Sorta BS if you ask me.   

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #91 on: August 24, 2011, 08:36:00 PM »
eh....it was a bad move on their (gamestops) part but at the same time apparently the coupon was not something Gamestop was informed about beforehand so imho Square Enix is also partially to blame since they should have had the forsight to realize that there would be issues with putting a competitor's coupon into copies being sold at GS.  Also...are you having your's shipped to your house or to the store?  Cause if its getting shipped to your house it kinda skips this entire issue all together.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2011, 07:10:14 AM »
In store pick up.     

Although the problem with Gamestop is that it's a competitor to a service that GameStop doesn't even have live yet.   That's what's pathetic about the whole thing.  I think this might be my last GameStop purchase unless it's Xbox related.   Definately not buying PC games there anymore.   Most of the games im interested in are all EA games and considering how much they are starting to tick people off I wouldn't put it past GameStop to pull something like this with SW:TOR or BF3 if it came with something extra at the last minute.     I can see this ticking a lot of people off and maybe bring some legal action against GS.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2011, 08:12:47 AM »
http://kotaku.com/deus-ex-human-revolution/  Yes GS screwed up and its gonna hurt them...but its not entirely their fault.  Plus im sure after this whole outrage if GS attempts anything like this again there will be massive issues...if anything they will probably just pull the stock off the shelves and then work on doing a recall if something like this (competitors coupon in the box) occurs again.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #95 on: September 10, 2011, 08:45:12 AM »
Smuggler Progression Video Posted   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up9crByjT8Y

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2011, 10:51:50 PM »
yeah i think its safe to say im going with scoundrel smuggler (at least try my hand at healing) and vanguard trooper...every time i play my dk tank in WoW and think of quitting the game when SWTOR (as long as im able to afford it at release....) i realize i can't give up on tanking :D

Love how the smuggler gets so many....insulting attacks lol....kick to the nuts then punched in the face...not really sure if theres anything worse then that...except the one spot in the video where he sneaks up behind the guy and unloads a shotgun blaster round in his back >:)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2011, 10:54:40 PM »
oh and just saw this via twitter:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9236426#edit9236426

if you have an account created, might as well do this right away...more security is a good thing for MMO's nowadays.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2011, 01:27:04 AM »
well must say, after playing the latest build for SWTOR beta, not too certain about healing with my smuggler :-p....dps'ing is quite fun, and definetely looking at a tankie character via either jedi guardian or trooper vanguard though.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2011, 05:34:25 PM »
Hey... hey!!!

Quit rubbin your beta in my face you!  *Shakes fist*

That's great that you got in.  Was it a beta weekend or are you testing for a while?

Is everyone else still on board for this?

I hears WoW is introducing Kung Fu Pandas...