Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Nightfall - Rewritten  (Read 3584 times)

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
Nightfall - Rewritten
« on: June 24, 2011, 07:30:39 PM »
Lorian is the home world of my characters Jorumn and Fiorin among others.  My idea here is to write out my characters and the events that spurred them on their journeys, and keep the setting and conflicts already in place, letting the players instead become the main focus and the catalysts for what's to come.

Abdeel

The industrial city of Abdeel in the past decade has developed a deep understanding of clockwork, steam power, and even some armaments.  Constantly at odds with other countries because of its advancements, Abdeel has exported machine-made goods for cheap in order to please the other nations, and outlawed the creation of advanced weaponry such as guns.  Despite their king's efforts to maintain peace, the neighboring Holy City of Veresaad prepares counter measures, and the Azureborn elves have begun to stir, setting up camps dangerously close to Abdeel.

Veresaad

While the previous ruler was commonly accepted and loved by the people, his many public appearances proved dangerous; his assassination threw Veresaad into chaos.  A new pope was selected, and changed his title to "Holy Emperor."  Ever since, Veresaad has been in a state of martial law, and people are often gutted in the streets and burned publicly in order to maintain the peace by any means necessary.  The Holy Emperor builds an army, to expand and spread the unforgiving wrath of the angels upon the barbarians of the north in hopes of seizing their valuable coastlines.  Whispers among the people talk of experiments in order to battle Abdeel's blasphemous "magics," drawing their tenuous pacts with Abdeel thin.

The Heart of Lumina

In the forests to the east, an elven druid named Zer Valenhal severs the pacts of the other elven clans, destroying entire races of those that refuse to follow the supposed voice of the Dragon God, Azurigal.  Few have called him a madman and lived to tell the tale, but his followers undoubtedly see powerful changes in his strength... with no other explanation, they follow him, and denounce the name "high elf," instead taking on the seal of the "Azureborn."  The wood elves are all that remain, having hidden themselves deep in the south of the continent by the advice of their own druids.  They bide their time to destroy Zer, but as his military strength continues to grow, victory becomes more and more of a distant dream.

Nightfall

Only recently discovered by a powerful wizard by the name of Amadaeus Judor, a black mass gathers in the southwestern islands just outside of the coast.  Its presence covered by massive mountains and stormy seas, the rest of the world is unaware of the demonic mass that grows with every passing day toward the shores.  In ancient texts it tells of a place that the sinful are sent upon death... surely, when they wrote it, they were looking upon the Nightfall.

Amadaeus now sets out to warn those who will listen to an old man....

There's a little overview for the first part of the story, and possible places we could start it off.

One question remains though:  is there any interest in another board somewhere down the road?  I think we have our hands full as it is, but if another one is wanted, I can get to work now that finals are over (and yes I'll be finishing the TTBE artwork too :P ).

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: Nightfall - Rewritten
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 07:50:11 PM »
that is definitely a question. Are we satisfied with the number of battles curently going on hand? If the answer is 'no', then how many more do we need?

If the answer is 'yes' how long will that last?

Conundrums, conundrums.

I shall return to the Realm of Shadows to contemplate these thoughts.