Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: New BB: (Title Pending)  (Read 4622 times)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
New BB: (Title Pending)
« on: December 18, 2013, 07:01:11 PM »
Just putting it out there:

We still have a little ways to go for The Legion Immortalis: The Bulwark of Heaven story arc. There are actually two more story arcs to follow that. However, between Bulwark of Heaven and the second arc, Allies of the Guardians, I'd like to pilot a short BB. If it is successful, I'll likely continue it. If not, it will be an interesting attempt. I want to run it between Legion arcs so that, should any of my current players wish to participate, they may feel free to do so without becoming bogged down by participating in too many boards.

Over my upcoming holiday break, I'll flesh out the details here, but I want to put the concept out there to test interest. The BB would have an Asian-inspired setting (strongly rooted in old Chinese and Japanese mythology.) There would be five kingdoms, each of which would subscribe to a particular school of thought that would determine the culture, political climate, and fighting style of each kingdom's inhabitants.

It's a setting that I haven't really seen utilized much on the boards, at least during my tenure here, and I think it would add an interesting, fresh approach to the board battles here. As far as comparison, I would like it to be something in the vein of the old XBOX game Jade Empire, so if you've ever played it, perhaps that would give the best visualization for what this setting would be like. Feel free to speak up here, and I intend on posting new information soon!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 09:13:56 PM by Faidth »

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: New BB: (Title Pending)
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 09:37:59 PM »
I'd be down.  I haven't played a fully Asian-themed game as of yet, even though it's probably my favorite historically.

Just don't go stretching yourself thin!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 09:44:04 PM »
Around the holidays I could do with a little stretching thin. :p 

Seriously... I need to get these cookies out of my house.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 10:52:56 PM »
I have played jade empire and it is a very decent RPG even for today. Since I like your writing the most, I will join any of your  BBs, as long as I think I can write about that theme.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 06:20:57 AM »
Aww! Thanks, Radobe! :)  It's been a joy writing for all of you! Your efforts have really made Legion as successful as it is, and I have no doubt you'd all make this one equally awesome.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 09:59:53 AM »
I'd probably also join, because i like your writing. :)

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 10:24:21 AM »
Yay! Thanks, Sepher! Thank you all for being the best players ever! At this point, I'm green lighting this. I'll post some concepts and background over the next several weeks, and when we close the first Legion Arc (probably in the next few months) we'll give this a whirl in between. :D

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2014, 10:08:41 AM »
If you haven't done so yet, please see the new thread for Kingdoms of Tianxia.