Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Poll

Who should be crowned Champion of "The Eye of Terror" campagin?

Jharm
0 (0%)
Kitharsis
0 (0%)
Shadow Chorus (Gulgrim)
5 (83.3%)
Soul Reaver
1 (16.7%)
Danyael
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror - Champion Poll  (Read 4608 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
The Eye of Terror - Champion Poll
« on: April 02, 2021, 11:28:58 PM »
It's been a long time since we had a champion poll, so to refresh everyone's memory:

At the ending of an Epic Board Battle, we all vote for a Champion.
The Champion isn't the 'best' or 'most powerful' character - rather, they're someone who you think deserves the title because what they brought to the story was great, interesting or otherwise awesome.

I'm going to revise the old rules a little bit since The Eye of Terror was so long-running:

-One vote per person.
-You cannot vote for yourself.

-You have to have participated in half of the Epic Board Battle to be eligible <- Does not apply in this case
-Only currently active members are eligible <- Newly added, as there are otherwise too many people to include
-The Battle Host reserves the right to vote last. Therefore, in case of a tie, Cameron would have the tiebreaker.  If the Battle Host does not vote for a tiebreaker, The Administrator will do so instead.

The following people are not eligible for this award, even though they participated in the whole thread:

Cameron Aileron (Battle Host)

To cast your vote, post a reply stating who you want to vote for and why you think they deserve this award and vote for them in the poll above.

Let the voting commence!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 06:51:32 AM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: The Eye of Terror - Champion Poll
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 12:00:09 AM »
I'll go ahead and cast the first vote to Soul Reaver for bringing one of the longest-lived members of the epic battle into (for me, as a relatively new member) new light with a fall from grace and a brief turn into antagonism for the fight that also served to really introduce what the Ur-Ork that is Gulgrim really can do and why they're here. That fight was excellent for a number of reasons and not just for me. It was an interesting back and forth the whole time and the conversations going around that fight were just as great as the battle going on inside.

Soul Reaver was part of the reason I even showed up on this forum, and then we ended up having to fight him after his berserk button's been pressed. It was great.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2021, 10:46:24 PM »
Danyael has confirmed he's still around by posting, so I've added him to the poll.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 07:54:57 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 01:06:34 PM »
I thought Gulgrim was a wonderful Ork, and I found myself really enjoying each of his posts.

I feel like everyone had a standout moment during this battle.  And I look forward to continuing the journey.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 07:09:28 PM »
Someone else has has voted for Gulgrim - please chime in in the thread too so (a) we know who has already voted and (b) so Shadow Chorus can hear why you liked his efforts!

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2021, 06:45:19 PM »
Basically i agree with what Kitharsis said, everyone was awesome in their own way but I'd be lying if I tried to say Gulgrims Orkish behavior and speak werent quite entertaining, especially for a WH40K Ork fan such as myself :-p
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2021, 10:05:27 PM »
I voted Gulgrim as well.  His posts are well-written, descriptive, fun, though-through and internally consistent.

I felt it wouldn't be the easiest character to fit into the plot without compromising his character (considering what Orks are like) but Shadow Chorus succeeded in making it work so far, which is impressive.

And considering he's the newest current member, it's all the more impressive.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2021, 03:40:17 PM »
It's looking increasingly unlikely that a tie is possible at this point, so I am going to go ahead and cast my vote for Gulgrim as well. This character was a constant delight to work with, and I was continuously impressed with the various ways he was able to use his orkiness to stay relevant and equal to the other Companions in strength. Well done.

I am giving an honorable mention to Soul Reaver for the side plot that managed to run almost the entire length of the Eye of Terror campaign and culminated with what I considered to be the best moment in the entire story. It never drew attention away from the other characters and eventually gave them all a shining moment in which to stand out. I have gone back and re read that fight multiple times and it is a big part of the reason why I'm not hanging Cameron up for good just yet.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 03:45:55 PM by Cameron »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2021, 12:04:53 AM »
I'm glad everybody's had as much fun working with Gulgrim as I've had writing him. The bottomless well of potential for both serious and comedic story beats that something like "the Orkiest ork to ever ork" can provide has made this one of my favorite characters I've ever had the pleasure to write for.