Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: 11/30/2017: The Administorum v1 Archives are currently offline.  (Read 4506 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
11/30/2017: The Administorum v1 Archives are currently offline.
« on: November 30, 2017, 04:58:32 AM »
Greetings. I hope everyone is having a good holiday season so far.

While writing my last post for the Eye of Terror thread, I discovered that the company formerly known as Yuku (and originally as EZBoard) has rebranded to "Tapatalk" and has killed all of the old EZBoards in the process. This means that the original Administorum is finally dead after 16 years of mostly continuous availability. Obviously, this does not affect anything with our current site. However, this does mean that a massive portion of our archives, including the majority of the Epic Battle (extending from Chaos and Clutchfiend Part VI, hosted on TFWO, to The Eye of Terror: Battle of the Eidolon Wastelands Part III, hosted here) is no longer online.

Soul Reaver and I discussed this possibility some time ago, and he has been preparing for this eventuality to occur. He has a backup of the Archives from that site. Now that the eventuality has become a reality, he will need time to come up with a viable solution to bringing that massive amount of data back online. This will more than likely take a significant amount of time to get right.

I have edited the Old Archives link in the Archives on this site to redirect to this thread for the time being, to avoid any confusion for anyone who misses this announcement. Once we have  a backup in place, I will update the link again. In the meantime, if you need any information regarding previous Board Battles, we do have some articles on the Board Battles Wiki (http://boardbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Board_Battles_Wiki). This is certainly not a complete resource, but it should be somewhat useful for the time being.

Watch this space for further updates. I will keep everyone as up to date as possible. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Yours in service,
Cameron Aileron
Administrator of the Administorum
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:02:51 AM by Cameron »