Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: "Gorgon" WIP  (Read 4317 times)

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
"Gorgon" WIP
« on: December 18, 2011, 09:43:30 PM »
Character Name:  Taylor Dunst, though it is nearly impossible to come across any records of her that are consistent to this name.

Alias:  Gorgon

Appearance:  A small girl at the height of 5’2”, Taylor has gotten through her “unorthodox” lifestyle through brains over brawn.  Her hair is naturally dark brown, but dyed (heavily) a sharp red.  Her hairstyles are always changing from one punked out hairdo to another, as she considers herself a connoisseur of the movement’s styles.  Her clothing typically includes some assortment of stockings, whether they appear on the arms or legs is up to her mood.  She prefers to be asymmetrically dressed, even mixing her boots and shoes up in bizarre manners.  All of her coats however have one signature thing in common:  high collars.  Her makeup is always painted on in generous amounts in strange ways, and tattoos cover about half of her pale skin, a particularly large on her back with the face of a gorgon. 

However, for those rare times she goes into public, she will dress as normally as possible in order to blend in, however difficult that may prove to be for her. In this dress state, some might even refer to her as “attractive.”

Personality:  While she takes part in many vices, the pleasure she takes in outsmarting an intellectually inferior foe is her greatest joy.  She despises anyone who reminds her of typical “sheep” that blather small talk at her, or watch mainstream media with obedience.  However, should one prove to have something interesting to say, and should Gorgon be deep enough in the drink (it would be challenging to catch her sober), she becomes quite the friendly conversationalist.

Augmentations:

None.

Equipment:

Background:

Here's what I have so far.  By the way I think I accidentally posted this in the actual character creation forum, so please disregard that.  I'll lay off the bottle a bit when I visit the forums from now on.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Re: "Gorgon" WIP
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2011, 02:49:39 PM »
Ok, the character sounds pretty good but Im seeing some issues =/  Pretty much a) the character doesnt seem to have any skills besides computer hacking, and as it is right now Shadowstorm has a master hacker (one of the NPC's you guys will eventually meet) so most computer work will be handled (though having an additional hacker in the field can be quite handy) and this kind of leads to the 2nd issue...if there's nothing to do dealing w/ computers I really dont see what your character can do in posts and such because she doesnt seem to have any kind of combat experience or anything and no augmentations to allow her to do stuff when there's nothing to be hacked. 
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: "Gorgon" WIP
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2011, 05:04:17 PM »
Ok, the character sounds pretty good but Im seeing some issues =/  Pretty much a) the character doesnt seem to have any skills besides computer hacking, and as it is right now Shadowstorm has a master hacker (one of the NPC's you guys will eventually meet) so most computer work will be handled (though having an additional hacker in the field can be quite handy) and this kind of leads to the 2nd issue...if there's nothing to do dealing w/ computers I really dont see what your character can do in posts and such because she doesnt seem to have any kind of combat experience or anything and no augmentations to allow her to do stuff when there's nothing to be hacked.
Thanks for the heads up Jharm!

I'll come up with stuff for her to be more effective in combat.  We have a long ranged disabler/sniper character, and a melee-ist pyro it seems, so maybe I'll go mid-range with a shotgun gun-fu hacker character.  Anyway, I'll try to get her finished off by tonight (I deleted "later" and typed "tonight," so that's a f***in' commitment right there).