Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Legion Immortalis: The Bulwark of Heaven (Part 4)  (Read 57503 times)

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
Re: The Legion Immortalis: The Bulwark of Heaven (Part 4)
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2013, 06:38:26 PM »
Even though lacking in power, his strike was not slow. Hitting a sword’s tip precisely and with such force, was something he had not seen in his lifetime. Were all Ageless and Forsaken this powerful? This are the thoughts that were going through his mind, the moment his air is knocked out of him. Siron takes a step back as he bends and catches his breath.

"Do not be timid, Siron. There is no room for fear when facing down Forsaken."

Corvus did not need to lecture Siron. He was not timid, he was cautious. Cautiousness which Siron saw the Ageless was lacking at the moment.

(STRENGTH: ATHLETICS) As soon as Corvus’ last word came out, the young knight went on the offensive. From his bent over position, completely naturally, Siron falls forward head first. This might not fool his opponent, into thinking he lost his balance, but confusing him for an instant will be enough. With his nose an inch away from the ground, he uses his legs to launch forward and cover the distance between them in an instant. Grabbing the back of his opponent’s knee, with his left arm, he pulls it up from the ground. Simultaneously, he plants his right foot, parallel to Corvus’ left leg, a step behind him and using his right arm, along with the gathered inertia from the dash, he slams his pommel into the man’s chest.

Should Siron’s tackle succeed, the Ageless will find himself lying on the ground in an instant. The knight will move away and allow his opponent to stand up.

An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2013, 06:54:24 PM »
Siron's feint is an excellent strategy as he manages to catch Corvus relatively unaware. Though attempting to trip him is unsuccessful, as his opponent, a veteran in battle even at his young age, is firmly rooted to the ground. This is a tactic many foes have tried before, and it seems Corvus will not be easily tripped up. However, Corvus is not expecting Siron to strike him with the pommel, and he takes the blow to his chest.

Corvus, knowing it is necessary to keep an enemy at distance as much as possible lets out an earth-shaking roar (WISDOM: Combat Tactics- Battlecry.) Siron is immediately thrown violently backwards and lands heavily on the ground. Siron realizes this tactic seems very similar to the foot stomp that Blood used at the tavern.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2013, 09:22:02 PM »
Sig grins when Blood asks him to join her. "Of course, lass! Drinkin's not  really a good solo activity. Best if I kept ya company."

Sig has vague memories of leaving Blood's house, but none of entering it. He gets a good look at the exterior as he heads in. He was never really sure why other races insisted upon these above ground houses when they were so less secure than living under the stone, but he had to admit that this one had some charm. As they enter the back kitchen, Sig makes the assumption that Blood doesn't cook or entertain guests that often. But when she opens the closet, all other thoughts cease.

"By the Father, what manner of sorcery is this?"

Sig marvels at the cold room with it's cold stash of booze. This could very easily become his favorite place in all of Avalon. It may have already. Sig can't help but grin when he is handed the bottle.

'What are we drinkin to? Hmmm... To friends. Both the ones still with us and the ones we've lost. And to all the teeth we're gonna kick in avenging em."

Sig takes a long pull from the bottle before offering it back to Blood.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2013, 11:50:55 PM »
Lai feigned dance quite well, all things considered.  Fjorin was quite possibly the worse dancer, but confident enough in the simple steps he did know to lead.  Besides, nobody in a tavern full of drunks would notice... that is, until Lai's illusory hand faded through a table.  This was something Fjorin had anticipated though.  Fjorin was once considered a blood-thirsty maniac and little more, and hiding away in the castle did nothing to tame the rumors.  It was only once he showed his face to the people around him more often that understanding, and even respect, began.  With enough familiarity, the glares would fade in time.

In order to answer Fjorin's question, however, Lai resorts to communication that best suits the spirit.  The chilled touch of Lai's hands is like a northern breeze.  Following the strange sensation, a vision...

He opens his eyes, facing Lai.

What a strange experience.  To see from another's perspective was something few had a talent for, but to do so in such a literal way was absolutely unheard of.  Once again, Fjorin is impressed by Lai's powers.

"She is... a strange woman.  I'm not sure I'll ever understand her actions." He seemed deep in thought from the surreal experience.  "But, I am grateful for them."

He pondered for a moment; everything he tried to uplift the mood seemed to fall flat.  Though, there was one subject he knew Lai would enjoy.

"So, that Dennan fellow... he may well be one of the strongest warriors I've ever seen..." he looked side to side to make sure no one was in earshot, leaned inward, and with a raised brow and a smirk, "...you blew him up?"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:54:56 PM by Archdemon Stu »

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2013, 06:09:55 AM »
Siron lands heavily on his behind once more.  For a second he ponders which is worst: being stomped or roared away? Either way, under the helmet, frustration was written all over the mans face. He stands up quickly and gets into his stance. How was he supposed to attack his opponent? His sword was brushed away with a hand, a successful surprise tackle only lead to him being roared away, it would seem that the knight was left with a few options. A frontal attack most likely wont work. thus another feint was necessary, but this time the opponent will be wary so he had to make it good.

(CHARISMA: INTIMIDATION)  Siron takes off his helmet and drops it on the ground, his eyes completely focused on his enemy. Braking his stance, he holds his sword with one hand and glares at his enemy. He walks forward slowly, his killing intent fills the air. With a roar he  grabs the weapon properly and launches forward, putting the force of his momentum and  the weight of the armor and sword behind his powerful blow. His intent is for Corvus to attempt to parry the blow. In the instant the swords are about to connect, he will push the grip with his left hand and make the sword vertical. Letting go of the grip with his right hand and moving it to grab the blade mid way, will give him enough control to pull the sword downwards and when low enough to bypass the parry, he will thrust the tip of the weapon into his opponent's throat.

Should his attack succeed, Siron's blade will stop shortly before penetrating the throat.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2013, 10:32:51 AM »
"Human Sembas."  He mumbles as he pulls a spec of dirt from his whiskers.

Field Mouse Sembas Filden contemplates on Dennan's words.  There are worse things to be than a mouse, he thinks to himself...

He looks down from Dennan's palm.  Faile looks back up at him expectantly.  Sembas remembers what Besnik had said about their eggs and he fumes.

"Why didn't you tell me about you and Besnik?!"  He shouts from his lofty perch.  "We have a lot to discuss, young lady!"

He sticks out his arm for Faile to hop onto it, as he has done many times before.  But he frowns when a little mouse paw pokes out instead of his leather gauntlet.

In his mind he was stretching out his arm, willing it to be normal size, human size.  Not just willing, demanding.  He doesn't have time for mouse business right now. 

With a sudden urgency he runs to the edge of Dennan's hand and leaps off.  He visualizes his boots hitting the ground attached to his human legs.  He sees his palms planting on the ground to support his human body.  His muscles contract as they cushion his landing.  And he feels the earth fall away as he stands tall once again.

"Come here, Faile.  It's been too long since I've felt the weight of you on my arm."

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2013, 08:16:18 PM »
@Sig:

Blood echoes your sentiment and takes another swig from the bottle.

“So, Sig… Why are you here in Avalon? Fury told me you were acting as a diplomat for the Chosen of Alviss, yet I sense there is greater purpose for you being here. You drink the tavern dry and your people run you off?”

@Fjorin:

Lai beams. “Yes! Well, obviously he got better again, though. Some of the Ageless have the ability to heal themselves very quickly. He must be even stronger than I thought if he possesses such a skill. I guess I should be thankful he did. I suppose General Fury probably wouldn’t have let me into Avalon if I would have killed her son. There is talk among the Forsaken that none of the Thane children have ever died, yet the eldest two are Ageless. It is something that vexes Lord Severan greatly. It is strange… though he hates the Ageless so fiercely, he has never once spoken ill of the Archon or his bride. That is strange isn’t it? I suppose it could be perfectly normal. How am I to know? Humans and Immortalis alike are a confusing lot.”

@Sembas:

Faile immediately obliges to your request. “I was going to tell you… but it didn’t really seem like the right time. The day of the race… he flew wonderful arcs in the air and tossed me a delicious bit of trout. It’s far more practical than that flowers and romance and wooing you goofy humans do.”

“Perhaps when you are done scurrying about as a rodent, you will gain some sense and learn to fly like me. You can come see my nest. There are three eggs there. Three! Can you imagine three little me’s flying about. Besnik knows an owl who will sit on any old nest for the right price. Seemed a bit whorish to me to let some stranger sit on the nest while we were away on our mission. Next time, Besnik will just have to stay behind and keep our eggs warm. He’s a fool if he thinks I’m going to be a stay-on-nest mother!”

@Fenwick:

You easily find the way to Cleo’s home, but when you enter the front door, you are not met with expectant hugs and kisses applauding your safe return. Instead, you are met with an icy stare from the Seer.

“How could you!”

You correctly guess that Cleo, with her innate powers of relative omnipotence, has already figured out what you have done. She had mentioned to you before that certain things were predetermined by fate, and others were a matter of choice. Was going with Serenity a choice, or something you were destined to do?

“You STOLE from Dethys! Have you absolutely lost your mind! And not just that, but to take advantage of that grieving girl! To give in to her demands to pursue the foolhardy action to seek out her brother’s killer! You know had she found Cael she would have been killed, as would you! Do you have a death wish, Fenwick? Do you have any idea how worried I am for you? That explosion nearly shook the whole city! And there’s a child in that house! And to make matters worse, you let Serenity kiss you! Fenwick… Wicky… what is going on with you?”

@Siron:

You quickly realize that Corvus is impervious to any degree of intimidation (CHARISMA- Intimidation.)  You might have guessed that given his disarmingly charming personality he is quite charismatic himself.

As you lunge forward, you immediately realize your folly. This man wields a greatsword. Greatswords are not traditionally parrying weapons. They are meant for overpowering the enemy, so you are not completely surprised when he effortlessly dodges away from the blow (DEXTERITY- Dodge,) rather than attempting to parry it. He twists his body quickly to the left, and emerges behind you.

His right hand holds the pommel of his sword, while his left palm is placed against the flat of the blade. With one fluid movement, he slams the flat of the blade on the backs of your shoulders, causing you to stumble forward.

“You’ve used a greatsword before, haven’t you, Siron? Then stop trying to fence with me and thrusting it about like a rapier! Forget all your tactics for a moment. Use your instincts! That blade is not your only weapon.”

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2013, 11:55:49 PM »
"Yes! Well, obviously he got better again, though. Some of the Ageless have the ability to heal themselves very quickly. He must be even stronger than I thought if he possesses such a skill. I guess I should be thankful he did."

In the past, Lai had taken many steps to ensure Fjorin felt comfortable in their previous dwelling, so it was good to see Lai's excitement if even for a moment when she was in a place unfamiliar to her.

Fjorin found Lai's knowledge of the Ageless and Forsaken fascinating, however.  "That is rare indeed.  Perhaps he respects them as enemies - worthy foes... or perhaps there was once a bond that I do not understand between them." He shrugged, "Or both."

Strange indeed.  Ageless could birth more Ageless?  The more Fjorin discovered, the bigger the ocean before him became.  "Being birthed as an Ageless... my entering of this world was not so gentle."

Yet another thought came to mind, "Lai, how did you come to be?"

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2013, 08:40:11 AM »
Siron stumbles forward and almost loses his balance.

“You’ve used a greatsword before, haven’t you, Siron? Then stop trying to fence with me and thrusting it about like a rapier! Forget all your tactics for a moment. Use your instincts! That blade is not your only weapon.”

Siron’s face is expressionless. He has nothing. Speed, strength, technique, the man in front of him had it all! Honor spoke of the strength of the Ageless warriors, but this was out right ridiculous. Having the time to doge, go behind and strike him, was insane. Was he standing still in the eyes of his opponent? Even if Corvus didn’t say to forget it all, Siron has abandoned his knowledge of battle. He can’t trap the sword of the enemy or disarm him, he lacks in both strength and speed. Even after catching him off-guard he couldn’t tackle his opponent, so that was useless as well. They had still not clashed swords, but if they did, would he be able to even see the movement of the blade? They weren’t in different classes, they were living in different worlds. Though both might be immortal, Siron was nothing more than a mortal warrior.  It felt as if, there was an endless chasm between the two fighters. The more he stared into the darkness, the further away it stretched out.

Holding his sword with both hands, Siron puts it on his left shoulder and ducks slightly. The grip rests on his shoulder as the blade is suspended behind his back horizontally. Taking a deep breath, he charges forward, using his athletic ability to gain as much speed as possible. Upon reaching Corvus, he twists his torso and launches his sword in a diagonal swing, from right shoulder to right leg. Putting behind it all the strength he could muster. Originally he would use this kind of attack, to attempt to break an opponent’s weapon or use the overwhelming force to make them fall or loose balance, but not right now. Now he simply used the strongest swing he felt comfortable doing. There was no expectations, no intent and no foresight of what would happen. He simply swung his sword full force.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #69 on: August 15, 2013, 09:26:21 AM »
@Siron:

As your blade slams downward, cutting diagonally through the air, it firmly connects with Corvus's torso and he stumbles back a step.

"Good! That's what I'm talking about! " he comments approvingly.

He quickly regains his balance and charges forward, his sword held aloft and to the right side of his body. He takes a massive swing, turning the blade so the flat is poised to strike you heavily upon the hip.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #70 on: August 15, 2013, 09:46:11 AM »
As Faile lands on his arm he realizes that he actually did turn back into a human. 

But there wasn't any time to revel in his new skill, there were eggs to tend to.  And entrusting them with an owl!  Of all the things.

"I simply cannot imagine any more of you flying about."  Sembas says with a great deal of sarcasm.  He continues more seriously, "I think it is wonderful that you and Besnik have laid eggs, Faile.  But I'm not sure how I feel about you flying off to battle while your eggs are left behind.  It is not very motherly to leave your young behind while you put yourself in danger."

"I will ask Dennan to teach me the form of a falcon later, if he obliges.  As much as I would like to fly to your nest with you, I also have a debt to pay to my new friends."

Sembas crouches down in front of the hollowed out log.  It is a very odd feeling, seeing how small the hollow actually is.

"Boris, Paolo, Chico and Cosette."  He calls to his new friends individually.  "I promised that I would help you in any way that I can once I returned human.  You are welcome to stay with me in Avalon, or I can return you to your home in the woods with a new bed and a huge stockpile of food."

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2013, 03:00:33 PM »
Siron doesn’t react much to his strike landing, he lifts his sword and watches as his opponent stumbles. There is no rush of adrenalin, no anger and no desire. It is just him and his opponent. All else, but his fight, is meaningless now.

"Good! That's what I'm talking about! "

He sees the incoming charge and the swing motion. Almost instantly he reacts with, the quickest attack that can stop the charge. With a dash of his own, he sends his pommel towards a direct meeting with the head of the Ageless.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 03:02:52 PM by Radobe »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2013, 04:51:08 PM »
Sig requests the bottle back and takes another swig before responding to Blood's question.

"Honestly, lass? The whole ambassador thing was a means to an end. They needed to send someone, and I was looking to leave. Most of my brethren get all chafed up at the very idea of havin to emerge from our halls, let alone take an extended vacation. But I wanted to travel. Always have. I've never really fit in with my brothers or sisters because of my interests. Playin music, wantin to travel...they find all that very odd. So it's almost like this ambassador gig was made for me."

Sig chuckles.

"And of course, all that's before the Father himself TOLD me I ought to go. He doesn't tell ya things for no good reason. If the All-father wants me here, than that means I'm needed here. Makes me feel like I'm helpin instead of just lollygagging about."

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2013, 08:01:48 PM »
@Sembas

“Stay? Here?” asks Cosette, her face breaking into a wide grin.

“We could live like kings!” exclaims Chico, wiggling his whiskers in excitement.

Boris crosses his arms over his chest. “Are you forgetting something? We’re wild! Wild creatures! Not some common house pets!”

“Yeah! Wild!” agrees Paolo. He contorts his face into a feral expression and holds out his tiny paws in a poor attempt to appear intimidating.

Cosette and Chico seem to consider this for a moment. Each mouse looks one to the other and nods.

“Then we know what we have to do,” speaks Boris solemnly. “We must return to our home. But you may feel free to give us a ride.”

“And a new bed would be nice!” agrees Paolo.

“And food!” adds Cosette drooling.

“No,” says Chico firmly. “You can go if you want, but I’m staying with Sembas.”

The other mice stare at him incredulously.

Cosette grasps Chico’s arm. “Chico, you can’t.”

“Yes… I can. And I aim to! What if Sembas needs help? He’s just a goofy big person! He’s bound to get himself into all kinds of trouble. He needs someone to look out for him,” asserts Chico defiantly. “I’m staying.”

Regardless of the entreaties of his companions, Chico takes several broad steps forward and stops in front of your arm. With a little “Ooof!” he begins to climb his way up your arm and seats himself on your shoulder. “I’m staying with you, Sembas. You’ve got a friend for life. You’re stuck with me now!”

Cosette shakes her head. “I hope you know what you’re doing, Chico.”

“Nope!” beams Chico. “But that’s part of the fun! Not knowing!”

@Siron:

As you raise your pommel, you realize that Corvus isn’t slowing, and seconds later, the pommel connects firmly with his skull. Only...

The pommel and your hand pass straight through him.

It takes you only a moment to realize that Corvus has not actually moved an inch. He is still standing across from you. (Wisdom: Combat Tactics- Body Double) He holds his sides in laughter.

“Wow! You should see your face, Siron! Good one, huh? Drives my brother Dennan crazy! He hates it!” Corvus wipes tears of laughter from his eyes. “Maybe I’ll have to show you that one sometime.”

@Sig

“Alviss speaks to you?” asks Blood. “Wow… I mean, the Divine talks to the Archon and the Fury at the cathedral, but no one has ever seen him, and he sure as hell never took the time to speak to me.” Blood shrugs. “I suppose it doesn’t matter who gets the orders though, as long as they are getting through somehow. Just might be nice if he actually told me himself that he’s there. I don’t doubt that he is, mind you. It would just be nice…” Blood trails off.

@Fjorin

Lai considers your question. "I... I don't really know. I guess I haven't really thought about it. I remember being in a field.... A barren one. That was the first thing I saw. There were bodies everywhere. Dead Ageless and Forsaken alike. And there was... a voice. Deep... Resonating... It was everywhere. Above. Below. It was as if it surrounded me. It's voice was so deep, that it was hard to understand what it said."

"Then the next thing I know, I'm in this forest... Alone... I wandered around by myself for a bit. I don't know how long. Days, weeks, months, years. For me, there really is no sense of time. I stayed in the forest. Discovering things, imitating humans and animals. Then one day, I was in the woods sitting on a stump by a particularly chatty frog. We were having delightful conversation when a giant boot stomped down on him. He was squished and not moving... And I remember being... sad. I found I was surrounded by people. But none of them could see me if I didn't want them to. I could be invisible."

"Yet... I wasn't that day. None of them saw me until...there was this woman. Her eyes locked right on me. Like she saw me plain as day. Fortuna... that was what they called her... and of all the Forsaken I met, she was surely one of the most cruel. She did something to me... I don't know what... but it made it so I could no longer go where I pleased. She told me I belonged to her, and I would do whatever she or Lord Severan wished... And if I disobeyed..." Lai's eyes close and tears begin to form in the corners of her eyes. "If I refused... Then there was pain... So much pain."

"They took me back to Darastae. It is much like this place, but a dark, twisted, place. The roads are stained with blood. And instead of gold, the buildings are as black as soot." Lai shivers. "Pray you never see it, Fjorin. It was awful."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 08:15:46 PM by Faidth »

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #74 on: August 15, 2013, 09:30:38 PM »
A field littered with corpses.  A peaceful forest.  Darastae.  Lai had been through much more than Fjorin had imagined.  She mentioned another name... Fortuna.  As he spoke with Lai, he steadily learned much of the enemy.  His new allies in the Ageless were great, but just what lay on the other side of the horizon?  If the Lady of Shadows retrieved a carnis and himself, only to be turned over to assist the Ageless... it meant that the scales favored the Forsaken.  Even when the Ageless had generals as powerful as Fury - a woman capable of defying the most commonly accepted law of nature with her blade alone.

Fortuna, Cauter, Severan... the warrior made a list in his head, and repeated their names to himself over and over again.  Fjorin was beginning to feel the true weight of the path before him.

"Pray you never see it, Fjorin. It was awful."

Fjorin thought on Lai's words for a moment, and let out a sigh, as if coming to some sort of acceptance.

"I will likely take many dangerous paths in my time with the Ageless, perhaps even Darastae... but know this, Lai: I will not ask you to follow.  Battle is all I know; but you are different.  You can find somewhere... another forest... this land is far from the reach of the Forsaken.  You can be at peace." He folded his arms on the table, his bracers making a dull thud, and his eyes gazed off to the side, feeling somewhat uncomfortable with sentiment, even toward a friend. "...I can... visit you."
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 09:44:07 PM by Archdemon Stu »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2013, 11:04:47 PM »
@Fjorin:

"Stay?" A wide smile erupts over Lai's face. "Here? You mean to be... to be free? To be mastered by none?" Her eyes are bright at the suggestion, and she is visibly overwhelmed, but in a very positive way. But suddenly Lai's smile dissipates. "But... I... I can't. The Lady bid me to-" Lai quickly clasps her hand over her mouth. "I have an arrangement with her, and if I do not keep my part, then Aras will..." Lai shakes her head again. "Stupid, stupid, stupid! I can say no more, Fjorin. If I do, then surely the Lady will find out and she will not keep her word."

A forlorn expression takes the place of Lai's brief happiness. "No... I must ensure that the task is completed, and you are the best chance of achieving those ends. You are far stronger than you know. The Lady.... She spoke so highly of you. She believes you will be the one to restore the balance, though I know not how."

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2013, 12:33:00 AM »
"Cleo..."

Fenwick stood still, taking the onslaught of his seemingly omnipotent girlfriend. As an enemy, with just a flick of her hand or a random thought she could obliterate him twenty times over.

"I... Nothing will excuse me. I'm sorry. I need to... I have to... Perhaps I have a death wish." He shrugs as he finishes, shoulders drooped, now attempting to make eye contact, now avoiding it as much as he could. How could he face Cleo? All he required was patience to gain the required strength he needed. It was prophesied was it not?

Fenwick's mind races against such thoughts as part of him stood by his actions. No. Prophecy came true because of one's actions. He became a mage without formal training by his own willpower and discipline. He was destined to do great things; he was determined to fulfill that part.

With partial defiance, partial sorrow, he locks his eyes on Cleo's, brows frowed, lips curled in frustration, projecting all his determination and need to stand for himself. He projected them just as he did when he had slept with her not too long ago. A day? It felt like years... ages ago.

Every action had a consequence. Several, if one was lucky.
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2013, 09:00:25 AM »
"Friends for Life."  Sembas replies to Chico.  He offers his pointer finger and shakes Chico's paw in agreement.  Remembering himself, he gives a concerned look to Faile who is staring from her perch on his arm.  "A friend of mine is a friend of yours, girl.  Play nice."

Faile is quite indignant of this whole affair.  She gives a nod in response, even while eying Chico with annoyance.

Realizing that he has promised more than he actually has to give, Sembas sheepishly rubs the back of his head as he turns to Dennan.

"So, um...  Where do you think I could find a bed and some food for these three?  I would raid Archer's closet for pillows, but they all smell like Besnik.  I don't think they would appreciate falcon scented bedsheets."

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2013, 10:42:56 AM »
@Fenwick:

"Fenwick, I do not desire apologies for foolish behavior. All I ask is that you desist in this madness! Someone could have gotten hurt!" She crosses the distance between the two of you and takes your hand in hers. "You could have gotten hurt, Wicky. I would be so... so lost without you. If something ever happened to you I would just go mad with grief. I know how strong you are, but if you keep putting yourself into these hazardous situations, then I truly fear for you. Dethys could have had you tossed out of Avalon for this offense. Or worse! It takes time to build trust within out people, and you just betrayed one of the few men who could have proven to be a huge asset to you."

The genuine concern is apparent in her eyes. "And for what, Wicky? For Serenity? To prove something to yourself? What? What has caused you to be so reckless?"

@Sembas:

Dennan scratches his chin. "Well, I think there's someone here in town that would be able to provide a very suitable bed for your friend. Merchant. He has a shop not far from the city square. He offers all manner of goods. Mostly toys and trinkets he makes himself. I am sure he would have some rather life-like doll furniture that would probably do quite well. Or if you prefer something more simple, I am sure he could be convinced to offer you some of the fluff he uses to stuff his toys."

"Whatsit? A doll?" questions Boris. "Are they friendly? Or are they mean like those fluttering chickens?"

"Who cares!" cries Cosette. "A new bed, Boris!"

Paolo scratches his ears. "What's fluff? Sounds like a comfy word. Flllllluuuuuuuffffff. Just say it, Boris. Fluuuufffffff."

Boris cuffs him on the back of the head. "Ridiculous, Paolo. For just a moment, can't you act as if your brain is larger than a pea!"

Paolo shrugs. "Fine, but I'm not so sure it is. I have a small head. Unlike that think sitting upon your neck. Looks like a watermelon mounted on a twig."

Boris moves to cuff Paolo again, but Cosette inserts herself between them.

Dennan chuckles. "As for food, you are welcome to take your friends to my larders and pantry and allow them to help themselves. We have plenty of food here. It won't be missed."
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:54:15 AM by Faidth »

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2013, 10:48:15 AM »
Fjorin's eyes went wide with realization.  No, he only had speculations at this point, but if he was reading Lai's words correctly... The Lady of Shadows was even more dangerous than he had originally thought.

"But... I... I can't. The Lady bid me... I have an arrangement with her, and if I do not keep my part, then Aras will..."

The Lady of Shadows needed Lai to carry out a task.  What it was, he knew not, but if Lai did not comply, something would happen to Aras.  Pieces of the puzzle put themselves together, but Fjorin wondered if they were doing so correctly.  Lai also mentioned that The Lady believed Fjorin would bring balance... though, in what manner, he could not fathom.

No, he had to compose himself.  The more he figured out, the more he would distress Lai, and if Fjorin's suspicions were correct, Aras may come to harm - yet, even this was entirely an unconfirmed suspicion.  For now, he would be cooperative.  He was still missing many pieces, and it would be foolish to over-think the details.

He let out a heavy sigh, and relaxed his arms. "My apologies, M'lady.  I'm afraid I could hardly hear you over the merriment, and I believe the drink has gone to my head." he lied, and he was bad at it.  He looked Lai in the eyes, and reassured her, "Whatever was said though... I trust you, Lai.  And though you may not have a home in Avalon yet... you know you have one with me." This time, his eyes did not escape to the side.

Feeling somewhat awkward in his own flesh trying to comfort the spirit however, he hastily waved a hand to any server that may be available.  It was rare he showed sentiment, being raised in a clan of burly warriors, and he did not mind it, but it was difficult to do so without some form of anxiety.  Mead usually helped, and Fjorin was a large man... there was much drinking to do.