Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Issue with upload image for avatar  (Read 5600 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Issue with upload image for avatar
« on: July 09, 2013, 01:15:40 AM »
So...with the recent announcement I decided to change up my profile a little and change my avatar...unfortunately upon attempt to upload a new image the site present me with "The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved." Anyone else having this issue?  I attempted to put the image I wanted to use on my FB page and use the url link option for an avatar but it doesnt display anything so now I inadvertently made myself avatar-less lol.

EDIT: Well, looks like I figured out a workaround...right clicking the image on FB and "copy image location" gives a working link but if you use the "Get Link" under the Options tab when viewing an image on FB....it does not work.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 01:17:59 AM by Jharm »
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: Issue with upload image for avatar
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 02:04:48 AM »
After doing some checking, there apparently is a problem with uploading avatars at this time. I will have the Tech Priest look into it. In the meantime, you should still be able to use avatars you have hosted somewhere else by copying the direct link.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 05:42:49 PM »
oh and just something to note  (especially if you use like FB to host the image) if you copy the link make sure you remove the "S" from httpS because it doesnt seem to work right if you leave it in.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 06:55:33 PM »
I've just got a photobucket account to upload images to. It's not too much of a hassle, but I would like to be able to directly upload.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 01:29:08 AM »
I think this is a lingering issue from the last server migration. I'll make sure it gets taken care of.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 11:54:42 PM »
Okay. Thanks to our Tech Priest, Neito, we have this bug fixed. You can now upload avatars again. Please keep in mind that if you're uploading an avatar, it has to be 100px by 100px or less BEFORE you upload it. Using an image hosted elsewhere that's bigger than 100x100 will automatically re-size it, but uploading a picture that's too big will cause it to fail. This is a bug that I hope to have fixed at a later date.

On a side note, please do not try to use avatars that are hosted on Facebook. The Facebook URLs don't work quite right in the forum code. Joe, I already downloaded your avatar from Facebook, re-sized it, and uploaded it, so you're all set.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2013, 04:19:01 PM »
Using an image hosted elsewhere that's bigger than 100x100 will automatically re-size it, but uploading a picture that's too big will cause it to fail. This is a bug that I hope to have fixed at a later date.

This has been fixed. Avatars that are larger than 100x100 will be resized when you upload them.