Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: New Guy.  (Read 16409 times)

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: New Guy.
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2010, 03:18:05 PM »
Im assuming this WACOM tablet is some kind of illistrating piece of hardware for a PC?   Not familiar with it at all.  I am definately interested in how artists use computers to create sketches and paintings that look much like real paintings.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2010, 04:43:17 PM »
No offense taken! It would be quite unique to have a mage in Epic BB as there aren't exactly many "casting types." Lots of people that use abilities and transformations, but not necessarily magic of sorts.

Yeah, that's right.  Can't think of any magic-user characters in the epic BB... nope, none at all.... ;)

You're not what I'd really call a mage, Soul.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 05:23:16 PM »
No offense taken! It would be quite unique to have a mage in Epic BB as there aren't exactly many "casting types." Lots of people that use abilities and transformations, but not necessarily magic of sorts.

Yeah, that's right.  Can't think of any magic-user characters in the epic BB... nope, none at all.... ;)

You're not what I'd really call a mage, Soul.

Well, ok, he's more of a warrior/mage.  But he's awfully good at his spellcasting - most wizards from the Mortal Plane only ever master one discipline of magic, while Soul Reaver can use them all.  He even crafts new spells on the fly!  Surely that's gotta count for something!

I remember that Slayer used to be a pretty cool Mage.  Too bad he was so fly-by-night that he was pretty much never there when he would have been best able to make use of his powers and do fun stuff with them.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2010, 10:50:25 AM »
Here we go!  These are all terrible examples, but it's what I could dig up on my laptop.

This is a sketch of one of the villains we had in a Megaman X RPG, holding his deactivated beam sabers while looking ominous in general.
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb413/Gederoth/Infinity_by_Gederoth.jpg

I was experimenting with some of the RP characters on an old Final Fantasy RP board, and thought I'd try a comic-like approach to it.
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb413/Gederoth/Nightfall_Beckons_Draft_by_Gederoth.jpg

And this is my old sig for a WoW guild board.  I was a tauren warrior, as you can see.  I'm proud of the coloring job and line art, but I made the horns uneven (didn't realize until later), and apparently I didn't care to make decent fire effects on his shoulders at the time.
http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb413/Gederoth/Tauren_Warrior_by_Gederoth.jpg

With the new WACOM tablet I'll be getting though, I won't have to look at the screen and hope my hands do the right thing.  I'll be able to draw right on it!  ;D

My friend, you've got quite a gift.  ;)
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o