Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Who wants to run the Epic Battle?  (Read 6853 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Who wants to run the Epic Battle?
« on: April 17, 2010, 02:55:12 PM »
And now... it's time to play everyone's favorite game...

WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE THE BATTLE MASTER OF THE EPIC BATTLE?

We need suggestions. Anyone got some?

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: Who wants to run the Epic Battle?
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 04:59:25 PM »
You Cluth?   Eye of Terror Battles looked really cool,.  Just wish you had time to run it and be the Board Admin.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 07:02:17 AM »
No. Not me. I plan on finishing the Eye of Terror campaign eventually, but the boards need something new and fresh to start off.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2010, 09:54:53 AM »
Soul?

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2010, 09:59:18 AM »
That's kinda why I opened this thread. I'm hoping someone steps forward and volunteers.

How about you, Castellan?

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 11:03:14 AM »
lol... I was gonna run Misthaven, plus I know practically nothing about the multiverse. I like drab settings though so would probably end up fighting through the 7 layers of hell or something...

Although if you really do want me to put the Misthaven idea on hold I could probably come up with something for a really Epic BB... Although I am untested in the role of Battle Master. 

It would be up to those who want to play... I could do either.  I'd do something totally different maybe than what has come before... I don't want to botch the idea of the Epic BB though.  I'd of course have to put Misthaven on hold which altogether wouldn't be a bad thing as it'd allow me to expand Misthaven gradually and make it a more immersive environment. 

If I did it though it would be a lot different that what anyone may have ever done in the Epic BB, but in a way that when the story ended everything would go back to the way it was.  Alternate setting for the characters that would put them all back right as they were prior to it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 02:55:12 PM by Castellan »

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2010, 03:11:17 PM »
Actually it's sorta ironic as the other day I was about to post asking to see if anyone would be interested in running the Epic BB.   

Pretty much if anyone would want me to try I would gladly try, but it would mean that the Misthaven idea would be put on hiatus and only one BB would be going on.  I don't mind either way. 

Essentially I could be classified as an old timer merely as I had been around, but I never took a serious role in any of the Battle Boards as I felt a lot of times the stories were too deep to just hop into them.   I would of loved to of taken part and instead made my meager contributions to the fiction forum instead.  I don't feel I am the best candidate to carry the torch of the Epic BB on, but I could definately create a story for all the Epic BB characters to participate in and keep hopefully everyone entertained.  Until such time  as the Eye of Terror, etc would go on.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2010, 07:38:21 PM »
Soul?

I wasn't actually planning on being Battle Host yet.  While I would be prepared to come up with some sort of conclusion and/or segue from the current state of The Eye of Terror into whatever someone else wants to do (if Clutchfiend feels he's not up to doing that), I wasn't really intending to run a full-fledged Epic BB at the moment.

However, I'll give it a shot if nobody else steps forward.  I have been playing with the idea of concluding the suspended 'Salt in the Wound' plot.  I think I'd have to do a lot of reading up on some of the old material I have in order to even attempt it though.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 05:56:29 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2010, 09:34:47 PM »
in regards to Cast running the epic BB, im fine if he has to put Misthaven on hold to do it (sounds like an awesome story set-up but i wanna play my Epic BB character more hehe).  I liked the last BB that Soul ran so would be up for him doing it as well.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2010, 09:37:18 PM »
I'd been toying with some interesting concepts over the past month on a board battle. But I'd rather Soul give it a shot. I don't know much about Castellan, but you've got my vote, too.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2010, 06:33:09 AM »
I think I might recant on this one.  I don't believe I have the qualifications to host the Epic BB.  Instead, I will focus on Misthaven for the time being although I do not wish to compete against the Epic BB.  I merely plan to offer an alternate to the Epic BB or an evironment away from it. 

I do intend in the future to host a BB that anyone could add any character too or even be able to use your Epic BB character in although it would as I said above be something a little more interesting and different than the Epic BB.  It's an interesting concept that I have come up with, but I'll probably run it later on; either between Misthaven and the Epic BB downtime.   

I am going to rethink my Epic BB character idea also and will probably try to rewrite it soon.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2010, 08:57:23 AM »
I've been kicking a few ideas around in my head.

It would most likely be a short one, and probably a little silly.

Also, it would be my first time hosting, so I'm not sure it would be a great way to start off the new boards.

Either way, it would take a while to piece everything together, and I'm not sure how much time I could give towards it.  I'm going to be quite busy in the next month or so.

Actually no, gonna say I can't do it just now.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2010, 10:45:45 AM »
My vote is for anyone who has the drive and the time to do it.  It appears to be a lot of time and a ton of creative investment. 

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »
If people are undecided, then I'll do it.  The Administorum need an explosive intro.  And after the EOT, I'm going to give it to them.

Boom.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2010, 09:19:00 PM »
This is a moot point now, so I'm closing this thread. If anyone wants to post a suggestion for after the EoT, open a new thread for it.