Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Thread for discussion of the next Epic Battle campaign  (Read 3731 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Thread for discussion of the next Epic Battle campaign
« on: December 02, 2017, 11:20:24 AM »
Given the nature of what my last post in the EoT campaign has set up, I believe the time is finally right to start having this discussion.

Kitharsis, you won the poll to replace me as the Epic Battle Master back when I was still considering bowing out early, so you have right of first refusal for the position. If you are not interested in carrying that out (that poll was ages ago) then I will open the floor to anyone else who has a suggestion for the next battle.

Let's get some preliminary discussion going. I'd like to have our next Battle Master named before the Eye of Terror campaign wraps so that we can transition seamlessly without any delays.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: Thread for discussion of the next Epic Battle campaign
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 04:18:44 PM »
Happy for Kitharsis to do one of these if he's still up for it.  Would like to explore his character/history/universe more.

As for me, I've got at least two potential ideas floating around in my head.

One would be Salt in the Wound Part II, and intended to close off that particular chapter.  I need to make it clear that I mostly just want to make sure it ends with fitting finality and thus wrap up a major plot/myth/character arc.  Also, it looks like it'll be a bit of a mess - there's so much muddled backstory that I'll have to sit down with a whole bunch of notes to try and make something coherent out of it. I have some old notes from Cameron that might help a bit with the originally intended direction, but my ability to craft the sort of story that John would have come up with is limited, so I'd welcome help from any corner.

The other one is a secret. :P

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:26:19 PM »
The last time I thought up a story for the Epic it revolved around Kelvack.  It was going to be a fly by the seat of my pants journey into lunacy, much like the way I wrote Kelvack.  The idea was born out of necessity from the situation at the time.

I'm not sure I want to explore that story at this point, but I do have another.  This one would revolve around the Tirthandara and the corruption of their power.  Of course, this would force me to solidify Kitharsis's own mythos a lot more.  I would need some time to sort through the mess I wrote years ago and create something compelling out of it.

Or I might find inspiration for something altogether different, who knows!

All that said, the poll was quite some time ago.  I don't want to just assume the role without others having the chance to take the reigns also.  So, I suppose what I'm saying is that I do not accept the de-facto role of Epic Battle Master, and open it to another vote. 

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 01:59:33 AM »
I do still have the story concept in mind that I presented at the last poll.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 04:01:42 AM »
So, I suppose what I'm saying is that I do not accept the de-facto role of Epic Battle Master, and open it to another vote.

Alright, then. Glad to see that you're at least still interested, but I completely understand why you'd rather have another vote. I'm going to wait a little bit longer to see if anyone else wants to throw their hat into the ring. if no one else does, I'll open a poll with Soul Reaver, Jharm, and Kitharsis as the options.

I'm also going to link to this thread on the Facebook group just in case there are any former players who might want to use this as an opportunity to come back in without having to catch up. If any of you know of any possible new players, now might be a good time to try and bring them in as well. And if any of you are considering possibly retiring your current character and bringing in a new one, start getting your affairs in order. I've already spoken with two people about this, so now's the time to get those backstories polished.