Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VI  (Read 39584 times)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VI
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2010, 05:50:04 PM »
Soul Reaver won't be affected by the pitiful state of these Souls.  In fact, he's used to absorbing evil and/or corrupt souls (since those are the individuals he usually slays) - his ability allows him to exert complete control over them once absorbed.  He usually puts them in a dormant, 'sleeping' state while within his body so that they serve as little more than spiritual batteries... although that's not the only thing he's planning on doing with these ones.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2010, 06:00:52 PM »
Never said you'd be affected by them. Piteous was simply an adjective used to enhance the description. Don't take it so literally. I was more referring to the fact that these aren't simply your run-of-the-mill corrupted souls. These things have been tortured for an inordinate amount of time by an innately evil Chaos Lord. It is my understanding that Soul Reaver has been in a state of limbo regarding his sanity, which I could see being further affected by the fact he's taking these things into him, that and the presence of Bloodrinker. I was attempting to give you an opportunity to further expound upon your character's mental state not forcing a reaction.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2010, 06:13:39 PM »
Yeah, no problem.  Just pointing out that insanity is not going to follow from this.  But plenty of things in the current battle aren't helping Soul Reaver with retaining control of that sword...

As for the current attack, it doesn't (chronologically) complete until Kitharsis does... whatever he plans to do.

If it hits, it's going to hit like a freight train.  Soul Reaver's not only powered up, and about to swing with both hands, but if the assault makes contact with Abaddon, it's going to unleash a pulse of energy fueled by the souls' own suffering and desire for revenge against Abaddon.

If the blow misses or is blocked, the energy won't be unleashed (yet).
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 06:18:37 PM by Soul Reaver »

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2010, 10:27:47 PM »
Okay, Soul and Kith, you may feel free to either respond to this attack now, or wait until more people have posted. Either way, I won't get back around to you two until everyone else (or at least almost everybody) had had the opportunity to do so.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2010, 11:00:47 PM »
Okay, Soul and Kith, you may feel free to either respond to this attack now, or wait until more people have posted. Either way, I won't get back around to you two until everyone else (or at least almost everybody) had had the opportunity to do so.

I'll wait for a little while - I've already posted twice today, and the others haven't had a chance to act yet.

Maybe someone will feel merciful and help Soul Reaver out? :P

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2010, 11:37:19 PM »
Weee! Kitharsis is literally going to explode.  When his skin is punctured his energy makes a rush towards the opening and bursts out.  Due to his super thick skin not all the bone spikes will pierce, but those that do will cause some trouble...

It might be prudent to shield yourself, Soul...

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2010, 04:54:19 AM »
Weee! Kitharsis is literally going to explode.  When his skin is punctured his energy makes a rush towards the opening and bursts out.  Due to his super thick skin not all the bone spikes will pierce, but those that do will cause some trouble...

It might be prudent to shield yourself, Soul...

Kinda tied up over here...

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2010, 01:30:17 PM »
Perhaps the warmaster didn’t appreciate the gravity of the situation he’d now dug himself into. The very bubble of gravity Danyael had formed around the Despoiler remained, likely from Abbadon being so occupied with the offense from the companions.

Ignored completely.  :(

The face of Horus rippled and grimaced, trying to maintain its form in the physical world. It spit curses of betrayal at Abbadon, his voice accompanied by another stir of despoiled echoes; their voices, combined with the increasing screams of the living nightmare, taking on such intensity that they came to physical blows against Abbadon, sending wave upon wave upon wave one after another with the force of a meteor storm. All the while, the dead sphere spread in size over and over again.

Also ignored.   :'(

I'll just have to improvise, then.  :-\
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2010, 01:40:05 PM »
actually the face part was not ignored....abaddon blew it up and the gravity effect was actually avoided from what it looks like (this part copied directly from Starblade's direct reply to your post right after you did the gravity thing)

And as the nephilim’s attack washes over this corpse mound like a wave, Abbadon appears in the sky well behind him, held aloft by transparent glowing daemon wings that he has crafted out of chaos energy. He watches the living dead die their second death, feeding off the pain and suffering and re-absorbing the bound souls as they come back to him. He waits for the next of his opponents to be foolish enough to strike out at him, the words of dark magic already forming on his lips.

Therefore it would seem he actually teleported outside of the gravity well area.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2010, 02:18:27 PM »
Therefore it would seem he actually teleported outside of the gravity well area.

That is correct. Abbadon simply moved himself out of it. And Faidth directly addressed the other part of the attack. Nothing was ignored. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can keep this moving.

Also, Soul Reaver. After re-reading my last post, I've realized that Faidth missed the part where Danyael's attack killed the pile of living corpses and Abbadon re-absorbed the lost souls. Therefore, you would not have been able to absorb any of them, since he re-absorbed them first. Not going to make you edit as it was our mistake, but please do not utilize them for anything else.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 02:21:19 PM by Starblade|MKIII »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2010, 02:51:22 PM »
Danyael, just a warning. You are beginning to stray into Rule 7 violation territory. Try to keep that in check, please.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2010, 02:54:01 PM »
I meant to post in the OOC thread and not the battle thread. I had too many tabs open. Chill out. And I think you might mean Rule 10 - no OOC's in the battles, which was an honest mistake that I quickly removed.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 03:00:47 PM by Danyael »
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #72 on: October 13, 2010, 03:00:55 PM »
I meant to post in the OOC thread and not the battle thread. I had too many tabs open. Chill out.

You meant to post your last attack in the OOC thread?

You might want to actually read Rule 7 so you know what I'm talking about. I linked to it in my post above.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 04:54:51 PM by Starblade|MKIII »

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #73 on: October 13, 2010, 03:50:10 PM »
Also, Soul Reaver. After re-reading my last post, I've realized that Faidth missed the part where Danyael's attack killed the pile of living corpses and Abbadon re-absorbed the lost souls. Therefore, you would not have been able to absorb any of them, since he re-absorbed them first. Not going to make you edit as it was our mistake, but please do not utilize them for anything else.

I did read that part (which is what gave me the idea), but I assumed that Danyael hadn't killed all of the living corpses (it's not like he was aiming specifically for them), which is why I had Soul Reaver finish off what was left and absorb those souls.

I wasn't planning to use them for anything else anyway, so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #74 on: October 13, 2010, 03:53:44 PM »
Like I said, I completely forgot about it and therefore forgot to include it in my recap for Faidth when I handed this mess over. So it's not a big deal.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2010, 04:52:49 PM »
Post translation: Danyael is trying to take the places of Soul and Kith. No attacks toward Abbadon.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #76 on: October 13, 2010, 04:53:43 PM »
Thanks. I actually just PM'd you about that just as you posted this. Response coming. Could you PM me regarding how exactly the gangrels are managing to attempt to liberate them so I am clear on your meaning?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 04:55:15 PM by Faidth »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #77 on: October 15, 2010, 10:46:13 AM »
Edited the post for clarity. Omitted a few things that didn't make sense at the time, while adding others that might.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 03:33:29 PM by Danyael »

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #78 on: October 15, 2010, 03:34:30 PM »
Next post translation: Danyael frees himself from the tendrils. Teleports in front of Abbadon and fires off a point blank explosion.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #79 on: October 16, 2010, 11:57:32 AM »
Danyael: LOVED your most recent post. Very creative. :)  I'll get around to responding to you as soon as a few more of these slackers get around to posting. (I'm looking at you Jharm and Fei :P)