Battle Related Forums > Battle Related Topics

Starhaven?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Cameron:
How can you love the setting but have no interest in it?  :o

Tamrissa:
I'm not as interested in sci-fi, but I am willing to try.  It's more a lack of knowledge than anything that would hinder me, which is obviously the case with anything new.  So, do what makes you happy (cause we won't be happy if you're not...this is storytelling, not a friggin' job) and those that wish to contribute...WILL.

I like my character and I think I could develop her more anywhere since she really is just a wisp now anyway.  I'd say just make sure you've outlined the setting and provide us with details of the important people/items/places our characters would know before even setting foot into your world.  I think that's really the only trouble I have is understanding the setting the BB host has in their mind...but it's also the fun of it too.

Main point is...this is all supposed to be fun, so make it fun. :)

Tyvaris:
I'm thinking though it might just be better to just stick it out and get this thing underway again.   I think would be best to just make a new battle after this one.   I'm sorry about all the delays.  Have the whole afternoon slotted out for writing tonight.   

Danyael:

--- Quote from: Angie on November 20, 2010, 01:48:52 PM ---Have you actually watched any other science fiction similar to Cowboy Bebop?

Because I'm not really seeing how that comparison works with your concept.

Oh, also, If you're moving over from a city, I would not suggest making the parallel a planet. A Space Colony or Colony-ship would be rather a lot more viable as a setting, especially if you want stellar dogfights.

--- End quote ---

What about a Migrant Fleet? Like in Xenosaga, Vandread, Mass Effect or Battlestar Galactica? Wouldn't that provide some sense of variety?

Angie:

--- Quote from: Danyael on November 23, 2010, 11:29:25 AM ---What about a Migrant Fleet? Like in Xenosaga, Vandread, Mass Effect or Battlestar Galactica? Wouldn't that provide some sense of variety?

--- End quote ---
This would be pretty cool actually.

POST-SCRIPT: I envy your ability to sit through Vandread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version