Battle Related Forums > Battle Related Topics

Misthaven: Where to go next?

<< < (2/2)

Tyvaris:
Thats why this is hard to answer.   I obviously don't know what I want to do.   Saying it's mine and to do what I want doesn't help because Im not sure what to do.    Im asking for input so I can better make a decision.   I stated above I don't mind any of the first 3 items.   If there isn't any input I may just put the thing on permanent hiatus and come back to it at a later time when I can make a better descision about what to do.

Cameron:
The Battle Master has spoken. This is a poll. If you're not voting in the poll, don't post here.

Veldanya Venalla:
Even though I was never involved with Misthaven I think that if you are no longer enjoying posting for it, then go with option 3.  That way you dont just waste the effort you already put in (both by your previous posts and by developing the story, especially the parts not revealed yet) and also allow the players "closure" instead of just "hey it no longer exists, you'll never even know what the outcome may have been".

Soul Reaver:

--- Quote from: Cameron Aileron on May 03, 2011, 08:14:22 PM ---I think that the purpose of a poll is to allow your players to make the decision that they feel is best, because you can see the merits in all of them. He wants to know what you think. If he wanted his own opinion, he wouldn't have opened a poll.

Seriously, he's giving you the option here. You're lucky he is being this generous, because he really doesn't HAVE to do this. He could just make the decision on his own with no input at all.

Polls are for voting. Just sayin'.

--- End quote ---

I appreciate getting the chance to vote in the poll, but to give a well-thought out answer, I need to know Castellan's situation.  That's what will allow me to decide what I think is best, rather than taking a random stab in the dark - for example, if I simply assume that Castellan can keep the battle going, but his situation hasn't really changed, I'd end up voting for Option 2, and then we'd probably be right back where we were before.

I'd like to keep the Misthaven going if possible, but I belive the only way it can feasibly work is if Castellan heads it.  Whether he feels he can do so with someone else's help, or on his own, or not at all, is pretty important to deciding what I think would be best in this instance.

Castellan has expressed his dilemma pretty clearly in his most recent post, so I'm (somewhat regretfully) voting for Option 3.  I'd be sad to see it close with such finality, but like Jharm said, it gives us all a bit of closure and gives Castellan (and everyone else) a chance to try something new without an unfinished Misthaven scratching away at their sanity.

Tyvaris:
I've decided to CLOSE  the Misthaven Battle for the foreseeable future.   The goal with Misthaven was to have something besides the Epic BB to occupy battlers time.   The battle was slow purely because of my fault and I can understand battlers being upset because I ran it poorly.    I rushed the idea and came up with it pretty quickly, I liked the setting I just didn't love the setting.   It felt like a chore to post instead of fun.    I plan to take a brief leave of the boards and of hosting and then perhaps return in a month or so with the hopes of running a new battle with a tighter post schedule.    Although the next battle will probably be a Fantasy/Sci-Fi hybrid much like the Epic Battle Board.    Leaning more on the Magically Sci Fi end of things.   

I'm sorry it didn't work out the way I wanted to and I still have ideas to bring it back, except the love for the setting just isn't there.  Perhaps it's the fact that I let it sit for so long and have to read back over to remember what exactly happened since I last posted.    If I run another board it will be with tighter restrictions on myself and with stronger enforcement by inquistorial staff and perhaps more open ended an less linear of a story.   The big problem I felt was that I was forcing everyone to go places in Misthaven when I wanted them to make their own decisions and then react to them.     I'll monitor some of the other battleboards to see how they succesfully move things along.   

Keep in mind this was my first boardbattle and I have learned a lot.    My hope is to resolve to never let a battle fail like this one did.   

If you do want to find out what I had basically planned you can send me a PM and I can explain where the rest of the story would go.

Next story I do will have a much more enriched Background that I will develope before the story starts.   Perhaps in the future we could come back to Misthaven again but for now Steampunk-esque stories can't hold my interest.

It was a short run and I definately take full blame for it.   I would like to thank everyone for posting and doing their part to make it an enjoyable read.   I almost prefer to have it end now before the story got anymore in depth because there hasn't been much investment in the story.  It barely got off it's feet before it came crashing down.  Guess that's better than falling out of the sky and crashing and burning.

Thanks to Soul, Kith, Sepher, John, Tam for all the hard work they have done with their characters and with making this an enjoyable although brief experience.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version