Battle Related Forums > Battle Related Topics

Preparing to open the Epic Battle.

(1/7) > >>

Cameron:
As many of you may or may not remember, tomorrow is the 22nd. My revised date for opening the Epic Battle thread. Only one problem with this: a number of you still haven't made characters. Now granted, maybe some of you aren't participating, but I know of at least a few who said they were going to that still haven't submitted. So here's the deal. I will make the opening post of the Eye of Terror thread on this Friday. This will be done regardless of who has created characters and who hasn't. You have till Friday to get yourself in. If you have not created a character by Friday, you will not be able to participate in the Epic Battle until AFTER The Eye of Terror thread wraps! I want to be perfectly clear on that. There will be no place to bring new characters in once we start, so get in now if you're getting in at all.

In the meantime, here is the schedule of events for the week leading up to our kickoff.

6/22/10: The Eye of Terror OOC thread will open. The Eye of Terror Character Generation rules and the Board Battle general rules will be posted.
6/23/10: The Eye of Terror summary will be posted. This will be a full recap of the Eye of Terror campaign up to the current point, to get everyone back up to speed.
6/25/10 In the AM: All remaining characters will be approved or denied. This will be the last opportunity to submit characters for approval.
6/25/10 In the PM: The Eye of Terror main thread will open. Character Registration for the Epic Battle will be closed. The Epic Battle will officially restart.

Watch this space for further updates.

Soul Reaver:
So... there'll be no Clutchfiend in EoT if he doesn't hurry up and post a character? :P

Cameron:

--- Quote from: Soul Reaver on June 21, 2010, 04:55:33 PM ---So... there'll be no Clutchfiend in EoT if he doesn't hurry up and post a character? :P

--- End quote ---

Kindly reference Character Creation Rule 6 (ONE CHARACTER PER BOARD BATTLE. NO EXCEPTIONS.), Addendum 1, "Concerning Battle Masters and NPCs", referenced below for your convenience.

--- Quote from: StarbladeMKIII on March 10, 2010, 09:04:52 AM ---THIS RULE DOES NOT APPLY TO BATTLE MASTERS. They need NPCs, after all. However, Battle Masters should not be posting their NPCs in the character creation forum, as they do not need approval.

--- End quote ---

:P

Soul Reaver:
That may be so, but unless I'm mistaken, that rule is in place so as to prevent a player from having more than one Player Character (PC) at a time.  The exception for Battle Masters is that they don't have to post a new character up for every Non-Player Character (NPC) because that would just be stupid.

So that exception, as I understand it, is in place to allow Battle Masters to have more than one character in a battle at a time - however, all the additional characters are NPCs.

I think most would agree that Clutchfiend (eg, Cameron Aileron) is a PC, like Soul Reaver or Fei Serumen, not an NPC (like some random Chaos Cultist schlub), and thus really ought to have an entry in the Character forum too, Battle Master or not.

(That, and I need your retconned character history for the TTBE manual.)

Cameron:
Soul, you may just have to give me the benefit of the doubt here. Unless you want EoT to be delayed again... cause I definitely don't have time to type up a back story from scratch with everything else I'm working on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version