Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Poll

Would you be interested in participating in the Estershadow Board Battle?

Yes
4 (80%)
No
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: New BB- Estershadow (The Five Kingdoms)  (Read 13583 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: New BB- Estershadow (The Five Kingdoms)
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2011, 01:20:57 PM »
Meh. It'll still probably be my favorite race out of all of them either way. You can't beat epic beards.  :P

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »
Okay, Angie. This is going to take me awhile to answer all of your questions, so I am going to do this bit by bit.

Hey, no problem. There's no great rush.

I am going to refrain from comment in this thread until you're finished so as not to fill it up with a lot of babble and nonsense and, in addition, analyze the world as a collective entity before giving serious feedback.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 01:16:08 PM by Angie »

Offline Skwhy

• Initiate
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2011, 03:17:30 PM »
Merely posting a declaration of interest.

Also, would magical talent be common, rare, only available to the scholarly? Or have I misread?  :D
Nothing risked, nothing gained.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2011, 03:21:32 PM »
Magic would be VERY rare, however, those few who could use it would be revered in some societies and vilified/hunted in others. There will be a post on some of the more well-known magic users, and how "magic" basically works in this setting. However, at this point, none of the player characters will be permitted to be magic users.

Offline Skwhy

• Initiate
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2011, 03:27:29 PM »
That's about in line with what I expected. Thanks for the clarification.
Nothing risked, nothing gained.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2011, 03:37:57 PM »
Yeah, I'm trying to keep this BB more in line with a "quasi-historical fiction setting" and less high fantasy, though there are certainly at least a few fantasy elements.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2011, 10:32:19 AM »
School ends next week, and as such, I will finally be able to commence the Estershadow BB for those who are interested. Over the next two weeks, I will continue to post information relevent to the setting and put up a post for character generation.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2011, 01:49:41 PM »
The character generation guidelines are available for your use. If you intend on participating in the Estershadow BB, please PM me ASAP so I know who is playing.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2011, 04:13:37 PM »
Just throwing it out there:  I'm going to be making a stealthy thief/smooth talker/dirty fighter/drug addict from Coldview.  If anybody wants to collaborate our character histories together, I'm 100% open to any ideas you might have, and I think it'd be cool to have somebody else my character knows pre-game. 

PM me if anybody's interested, and if you want to talk at length, I'd be glad to provide a number or get on Skype or Ventrilo.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 09:52:41 PM »
Is this still going to happen?  I haven't heard anything from anybody about it who was originally interested.  I was looking quite forward to it. XD

If so, I'm going to rewrite what I have of my character history to be a little more compact and consistent, and probably won't involve another person's character anymore since I haven't heard from them for about a month.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, 10:17:54 AM »
I have merely been patiently waiting for players to submit their characters. I had hoped to get this going weeks ago, but no one has posted characters yet and I can't do anything until they do.