Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX  (Read 79496 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread IX
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2015, 06:15:24 AM »
Gulgrim is back up and going straight in for Soul Reaver. He's had time to build power since Fei and Jharm gave him a boost, and now he's in overdrive, throwing energy out like no tomorrow. Gulgrim aims to take the attention off of everyone else, both by attacking Soul from all sides and by filling all of his senses with Ork. The sound is so loud it's deafening, and may or may not be painful to demons, who live entirely on sensation, as he is basically filling his physical and mental sensations with loud noise. At least for Warp demons. I don't know how demons of Inferno work.

The scream is incredibly loud to the rest of the party as well, but it's not directed at them, so it's not quite deafening or assaulting them like it is for Soul. Also his armor is building itself back up and opening fire again, since that seemed to get his attention last time.

Gulgrim wants all the fight for himself, and that seems to be a good plan for the rest of the party, since he can tank for them.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2015, 03:43:49 PM »
I posted before Sepher before the thread closing. Don't want Kitharsis's Hail Mary grab get lost.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2015, 08:21:32 PM »
I posted before Sepher before the thread closing. Don't want Kitharsis's Hail Mary grab get lost.

I copied your post into the newest thread Kith so should not be a concern now :)
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #83 on: January 27, 2015, 10:49:30 PM »
Thanks Jharm!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2015, 10:52:13 AM »
That really shouldn't be an issue anyway, since people should be checking the previous thread (which is why I left a link to it in the Board Battles section), but I'll add a link to the previous thread to my initial post.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2015, 07:39:21 PM »
Hey guys, I'm back, though it'll take me a while to get a post written up.  If the weekend is as rainy as the weather forecast is saying I'll probably get a good chance then.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2015, 07:52:19 PM »
Ok, another quick run-down:

- I don't know exactly what became of Fei so I'm making the assumption the Doomhounds did manage to bite to him (and are still hanging on).  During the course of the battle they are killed by Sepher's demons.

- Jharm and Soul Reaver have disengaged.

- Jharm's spell was weakening Soul Reaver (and I assume is strengthening the companions).

- Gulgrim's back on his feet but not in melee range yet.  His initial volley of orky energy hit Soul Reaver was partially weakend by the Retribution Shield and Soul Reaver's defensive slash, but it still hit him and knocked Soul Reaver down momentarily.

- Gulgrim's roar started to drown out Jharm's choir, giving Soul Reaver a chance to recover.  The Orky cry doesn't seem to phase him.

- Soul Reaver cast another quick spell, erecting a temporary defense that incinerated Gulgrim's incoming bullets before they could hit.

- Kitharsis arrived before Soul Reaver could take another action.  Soul Reaver fell for Kitharsis' plan - Kitharsis' pick got locked with Blooddrinker and he's wrapped his tendrils around the blade.

- Two of Sepher's demons have sunk their fangs into Soul Reaver

- Unfortunately Blooddrinker has started feeding on the energies around the pick and in the tendrils

- Blooddrinker has fused itself (very painfully) onto Soul Reaver's hand by knitting sharp metal tendrils through his arm to prevent itself being torn from his grasp by Kitharsis

- Soul Reaver suddenly stopped pulling the sword away and instead is lunging forward, trying to stab Blooddrinker through Kitharsis.

- Soul Reaver has cast a Silence spell, blotting out all sound but his own.

- Multiple Inferno Daemons have suddenly manifested across the battlefield: two Cruelbeasts next to Soul Reaver (which have removed Sepher's demons from Soul Reaver and are proceeding to crush them with their bare hands), two Daemonspawn who are heading directly toward Sepher, two Doomhounds (who jumped onto the two demons that killed the previous Doomhounds) and a Steelheart who is moving to intercept Gulgrim.

Quick explanation on the new daemons:
Cruelbeasts are lesser daemons.  They are the warriors of Inferno.  They are humanoid but very tall and corded with muscle.  Their skin is very thick and leathery, and they are covered in sharp, long, iron-hard spines all over their body (which they will use to good effect at close quarters).  They are physically very strong and are skillful fighters.

Daemonspawn are lesser daemons.  They are the slave-drivers and overseers of Inferno.  They all tend to look somewhat different, but they are usually misshapen and fat, often with additional limbs, and mottled grey/green skin.  They are clumsy but strong, and exceptionally resilient.  Most normal weapons won't harm them, and against the things that do hurt them, they have exceptional regenerative powers.

Steelhearts are greater daemons.  They are the elite warriors and generals of Inferno.  They are incredibly skilled fighters and covered in a suit of magical, living metal armor.  As with all greater daemons, they are virtually immune to 'normal' weapons, and that's not taking their armor into account.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2015, 08:30:10 PM »
I'm working on a post now.  it's been a long week as my Daughter had her tonsils removed.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 09:09:39 PM by Fei »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2015, 10:37:46 PM »
Gulgrim has decided he was tired of being the only Greenskin on the battlefield and brought in some reinforcements. Danyael, you're more than welcome to help Gulgrim as we discussed in this event, or hold off until later.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2015, 12:24:27 AM »
Cool, cool and thank you. I'll have a post up by tomorrow night. :)
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2015, 01:25:02 AM »
I suppose when you pull a man's sword towards you, you shouldn't be surprised when he comes along with it.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2015, 02:05:29 AM »
Hey Fei, just a small note, the Daemonspawn were headed for Sepher directly, not his demons.  Doesn't make a big difference to the post but thought I should point it out.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2015, 03:04:18 AM »
I should be able to post by tomorrow night as well. Sorry for the delay.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2015, 10:29:28 PM »
Hope I did this right. Gulgrim, send me a PM so I'll know if I did anything wrong for the strategy.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2015, 05:41:10 AM »
No, sounds pretty good. Once Gulgrim's done dealing with this Steelheart he can help with Soul Reaver.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
« Reply #95 on: February 04, 2015, 10:05:03 PM »
A couple of things about my post and the timing of events/people I'm waiting on:

1) I made Fei's poison have a somewhat delayed effect - Soul Reaver actually got splashed much earlier, before fighting Kitharsis, but it doesn't make sense for him to have ignored it until now unless there is a delayed effect on it.

2) The Steelheart has responded to Gulgrim's attack.  However, this occurred BEFORE Danyael's Nocturne Kenshi showed up, so I haven't written up the Steelheart's response to them at this stage.  I'll wait until Shadow Chorus' next post before deciding what happens next on that front.

3) Four of Sepher's demons are under attack - two by the Cruelbeasts and two by Doomhounds.  I'm a bit limited in what I can post for these guys until I know how Sepher's demons respond to this attack - if they survive, or fight back, or flee, so hoping for Sepher to post a reply.

Things that occurred in this post:
- Soul Reaver freed Blooddrinker from Kitharsis crystal prison (apparently with little effort), but doesn't get a chance to renew his attack on Kitharsis
- The Cruelbeasts and Doomhounds are injured by the Orks' gunfire
- The Steelheart dodges Gulgrim's attack and makes a counterattack.
- Soul Reaver uses the ichor to wash Fei's poisoned blood off him
- Sensing Danyael incoming, Soul Reaver casts two defensive spells: a modified Shimmer spell and an Agility spell.
- Soul Reaver fights Danyael, but looks to be on the defensive - he's not striking any blows of his own

That's it for now, not the most impressive of posts I know, but waiting to see if some other folks take action.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #96 on: February 04, 2015, 10:53:32 PM »
Pretty much Jharm is attempting to destroy/exorcise ALL of evil-aligned creatures below.  This does in fact include Sephers demons as well, though from what I have read it is NOT including the Nocturne Kenshi as they are "dark matter" and do not sound to be "evil" and of course Soul Reaver himself.  The warning was directed to Sepher and Fei as Sepher harbors demons within him and as such could suffer ill effects from the spell, and Fei being a creature of shadows would likely also not enjoy the radiance above him.  As long as they follow the warning and do not look up at the orb they will not have anything to worry about, the beams of light are NOT flying at them, only Soul, and all the summoned demons (sorry Sepher....demons are demons to the Seraphim). Jharm has focused a large amount of power into this spell and against lesser demons it should be quite destructive....though against Soul and the Steelheart I am sure it will have a weakened effect.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2015, 12:22:05 PM »
I appreciate the consideration, Jharm.  I have another response prepped, but I'll wait for others (especially Gulgrim) to post. 

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2015, 08:32:58 PM »
Gulgrim's set himself up for the fight, but he's also done something a little bit weird.

Gulgrim has created Orky doppelgangers of the party! Each companion finds forming next to them an Ork that kinda looks like them. These figures seem partially solid but also partially formed of green energy, giving them a sort of translucent eerie quality. If I haven't described what yours looks like, or haven't described it in detail, feel free to determine how WAAAGH! Energy would parody you individually. These clones will attempt to attack in tandem with you, mimicking your moveset as well as they can, though obviously there are some limitations regarding some of your more unique powers. But WAAAGH! Energy can do quite a lot, so they'll be able to at least provide a nice tag-team partner for each of the companions.

These clones aren't nearly as durable as the actual companions, but they are partially incorporeal, being composed of raw energy. Some physical attacks may not be effective against them, but they can be killed with much more ease than the people they're trying to copy.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #99 on: February 05, 2015, 11:13:42 PM »
I didn't know if the Orky dopplegangers would be under our influence, so i posted without them. I don't much like stepping on toes anymore.