Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VI  (Read 39118 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VI
« on: June 23, 2010, 01:11:01 AM »
Here is the 6th official OOC thread for the Eye of Terror campaign. Threads 1 through 5 can be found in the Old Administorum Archives. This battle will start on Friday. Feel free to post here until then.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: The Eye of Terror: OOC Thread VI
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2010, 11:27:42 AM »
First!

Sorry, always wanted to do that...  Even though that Meme is quite old.

Exciting!  It will be difficult for me to post until Sunday, though.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2010, 12:56:06 PM »
Should we try to contact anyone who hasn't done a character yet? Or just let them do their own thing?
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2010, 02:46:15 PM »
My post in the other thread was sent to everyone's registered email as an announcement. They should have gotten the hint.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2010, 02:07:21 AM »
The Eye of Terror campaign has officially restarted. A few notes before you dive in:

Remember, your character must be registered before you can be in this story, meaning you must have posted a character in the Creation forum and have had it approved by me before you can participate. If you haven't done this yet, DO NOT PANIC. Character creation is still open and will continue to be open until I state otherwise. You will have plenty of advance warning before I close it. If you have not created a character for this battle, DO NOT POST HERE. This thread is for players participating in the Epic Battle only.

if you haven't read the EoT recap thread in Battle Related Topics yet, do it now. I just updated it today, and it should bring you up to speed quickly. Do not post until you have read it.

If you have not read the Board Battle rules yet, do that now too. The rules are in effect as of now and will be enforced right from the get go, so don't blame me if you fuck up and don't read them.

Abbadon is your opponent. Let's finish him off, shall we?

Oh, and by the way... it's great to be back.  8)

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2010, 05:49:45 AM »
Just want to say: hooray!

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 10:21:03 AM »
Time to get this party started.  Slainte!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 10:26:10 AM »
Quick question for Danyael so that I don't screw this up: If I read your post correctly, other then the Nocturne Kenshi faking him out, you have not actually attacked Abbadon, correct?

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2010, 10:56:15 AM »
Right.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2010, 11:00:13 AM »
Awesome. Thanks.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2010, 11:34:01 AM »
Posted.  Also, for clarification since questions are always asked when it comes to these kind of abilities.  As well I have a question.

The shadows summoned are not on equal power of the people they were stripped from but do share similar traits and skills.  Not abilities and supernatural powers beyond their nature.   The companions would not know that their Shadow was yanked out from under them and pulled into pseudo-physical being.  Well unless they looked down and saw they had no shadow.   

Also, would stripping shadows from companions without their consent count as God Modding when used against an enemy? Or would I have to roll to attack the darkness underneath them?  :p

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2010, 11:37:57 AM »
I do not believe that is god-modding, unless a person's character profile states that they have complete control over their shadow. If anyone has a problem with it, let me know.

I also have a question... Fei, that's not from the same source as your abyssal lightning, correct? If you recall, that backfired hardcore last time you used it here.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2010, 12:20:21 PM »
If I recall, the lightning bolts didn't do much so Fei is resorting to manipulating shadows that are already available instead of just yanking out pure abyssal energy.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2010, 12:22:19 PM »
I forget what the reasoning was behind the abyssal lightning not working. I know we discussed what would happen if he tried to use it.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »
The lightning was too powerful due to how thin reality is within the Eye. If I recall correctly, it ended up hitting the party as well as your enemies. I wasn't sure if that would effect the power of other abyssal powers as well.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2010, 04:14:15 PM »
So, are our characters suddenly matching our new introduction posts?  Something feels a bit off with Kitharsis suddnely weilding a warhammer  :-[

But I can go with it as long as thats how we're rollin.

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2010, 04:57:05 PM »
Ohhh yeah, thats right.  I'm not sure how the weak fabrics of reality would affect the shadow play. They wouldn't really be stronger as they have no powers to amplify and they're under Fei's control.  .  Despite being able to make someone(s) shadow go stabby stabby and it's of the same nature and origin, it's not unleashing Essence and reality burning forks of negative energy.

I really just threw them out there for overwhelming/pile-in purposes.

:p

edit. And for something Abbadon to kill while Fei kicks him in his armored codpiece.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2010, 11:03:07 PM »
Something feels a bit off with Kitharsis suddnely weilding a warhammer  :-[

If it helps, I found the concept of Kith with a warhammer pretty badass.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2010, 02:11:52 AM »
So, are our characters suddenly matching our new introduction posts?  Something feels a bit off with Kitharsis suddnely weilding a warhammer  :-[

But I can go with it as long as thats how we're rollin.

Yes, that is how we're rollin'.  :P

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2010, 04:05:39 AM »
Since everyone else is talking about what their attacks do: Soul Reaver is using Daemon magic (not the same type as Chaos Daemons though - we're talking Inferno Daemons).  He's basically creating a mass of near-sentient spinning blade things - they're very very sharp, and composed of solidified magic.

Seen Matrix: Revolutions where thousands of sentinels attack in a giant swarm?  It looks kind of like that (except the blades are obviously much smaller).

They won't be at their best against a heavily armoured opponent like Abaddon, but they're still sharp and numerous enough to make an impression.