Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Explanation of downtime: 9/23 to 10/7/11  (Read 3254 times)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Explanation of downtime: 9/23 to 10/7/11
« on: October 09, 2011, 08:57:20 AM »
I said there was going to be an announcement regarding the previous two weeks of downtime, and here it is.

Let me start off by saying that I am deeply sorry that there was no explanation given during the downtime. At the time I closed up shop, I really did not have the time or the ability to coherently string words together to do anything but throw up our temporary outage placeholder picture. I should have rectified the situation a few days later when I had more time, but I neglected to do so. That's inexcusable, and I apologize.

I'm not going to go into a whole lot of detail regarding the situation. Those of you who know me outside of the boards already know what happened. For the rest of you, the short answer is that I had a major life altering event take place on the 23rd. This actually did place the future of the site in jeopardy, as for a few days I didn't even know if I was going to have a house or a job. Obviously, without the job, no hosting, and without hosting, no Administorum. I really had absolutely no time to focus on the site given the circumstances, and I didn't want the site kicking around headless for however long it took to get my affairs in order. (Believe it or not, I am actually on the site the majority of the time. I have hoards of spammers to keep at bay.) As stated, there was also a very real possibility at the time that the boards would be shutting down for good again, and I made the judgment call that the impact would be lessened if the boards were already closed at the time of the announcement. Once again, I should have done a better job of communicating some of this to you once the downtime stretched into it's second week. I dropped the ball there, so that one's on me.

Regardless, the crisis has passed. My housing and employment status are stable for now, and there is no longer any chance that the site will be closed. If anything changes, you will be the first to know. For now, it's back to business as usual. It's a big time coming up for the Administorum, as we are just a little over a month away from the site's 10 year anniversary. Hard to believe, but the original Administorum over on ezboard opened it's doors on November 20, 2001. And the Eye of Terror campaign has been running ever since! That's a joke, but not by all that much. :(

Speaking of the Eye of Terror campaign, I do still have every intention of bringing that to a close. There will be more specific information on that very soon. We also still have Legion Immortalis running, Estershadow starting very soon, and a new battle, Shadowstorm, preparing to enter the character creation phase. So plenty going on. I will also be in need of a graphic artist soon. More details on that later in the week.

For those of you who are more aware of the situation then others, I do ask that you please keep your information to yourself. This is a private matter that has been handled, and I don't need it being re-hashed on the boards for everyone to see. Also, please be aware that there will be no changes to our current Ordos Administratum staff. Everyone has been doing an excellent job and I am positive that their excellent work will continue.

I again apologize for the downtime and thank you for your patience through all of this. For those of you who took the time to contact me regarding this, I thank you for the effort. Rest assured that my commitment to you has not faltered, and I will keep this ship sailing for your enjoyment. That has been my goal from the start.

Yours in service,
Cameron Aileron