Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Starcraft II (SPOLIERS)  (Read 7840 times)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Starcraft II (SPOLIERS)
« on: July 27, 2010, 01:11:49 PM »
Just bought that motha today.

Gotta wait the rest of the work day until I can install and roll my face over the keyboard in frustration from Zerg rushes.

Anyone else picking this up?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 05:37:00 PM by Cameron Aileron »

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: Starcraft II
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 02:03:23 PM »
I was under the impression this was already out......

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 02:18:25 PM »
Nope, that sucker was released at midnigt today. 

You could download a copy beforehand but not couldn't install/activate it with a CD key until today. 

I'm sure that version has been cracked already, unfortunately.

They had a beta period for the multiplayer as well.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 04:20:43 PM »
I'll be picking my copy up shortly. I'll let you guys know how it is.

Offline Soul Reaver

• Immortal
  • Administrator
    • To the Bitter End - Warcraft III Mod
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 09:43:33 PM »
For some reason I just can't muster up a lot of enthusiasm for Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty.  I don't tend to be too hot on multiplayer in the first place, and paying for just a short Terran Campaign feels kind of lame.  Plus I read that all the units/structures are incredibly fragile, thus making the battles over with super-quick.  That was one of the things I really loathed in Command and Conquer 3, so I'm probably not going to like it here either.

If I even do get it, I think I'll wait with this one until it's offered as some sort of discounted package with the other two they're going to release.

(I hear the editor is great though, although I don't think I'll be crazy enough to start another TTBE project with it any time soon)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 11:04:50 PM »
So far, the campaign is fun enough to justify the purchase. I just hope the next two campaigns are expansions, and not full games themselves. Honestly, the editor alone is worth a purchase. It blows the WC3 editor away.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 06:11:33 AM »
The inevitable World of Starcraft.....     I've pretty much stopped playing video games to read books and work on wargaming miniatures(Although not 40k).   I'm gonna try to focus more time to the boards in the next few weeks.  Although I am changing my position at work and getting a promotion which means I probably won't be able to get on the boards at work.

Trailer did seem really cool although the shiny blue metal kept screaming at me Space Marines with NASA space suit, face shields....    Well the Crafts were stolen from the Hammers.....

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 06:27:23 AM »
Someone here in singapore queued up one day before the launch. He slept overnight till 6am, then got up, went to school for an exam, and got back at 1pm for his copy. He was the first one to buy it.

He was so elated, he was crying out of happiness. And he got front page on the newspapers.

I don't think I'll be buying it though. 12 years in the making, expectations will be damn high... and they'll probably be squashed. Hope it's fun though!
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »
HOW MUCH CORRUPTION IS IN THIS GAME?

I BET IT'S A LOT!

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 05:43:51 PM »
The opening cinematic during the installation of the game is pretty much all:

"Oh hai!  Dis guy is corrupt.  Den dis guy kilt him and, oh dang!  He'z corrupte too, wow imagine dat!"

So needless to say.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2010, 06:07:46 PM »
The opening cinematic during the installation was pretty much a recap of the first two games.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 01:44:59 PM »
I think SC2 is amazing...excellent storyline so far, and way longer then any of the campaign's in the original starcraft.  The buildings (at least in single player...i suck at multiplayer so i only play against AI) are not too fragile, in fact with certain upgrades chosen they are incredibly durable.  Also there will NOT be a World of Starcraft....Blizz has stated as such, they already have WoW and are working on an unnamed MMO which they have officially stated is not gonna be dealing with any of their current franchises.  Also I have a feeling the opening cinematic is gonna be tying into something big near the end of the campaign...
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 12:03:41 AM »
The campaign is pretty awesome right now.  The new units are pretty great too.  Nothing like running up on a group of Zerg and mowing them down in seconds.

There is an achievement system so once you beat a level you see all the different time frames and enemies you could have gotten more points for.  It's just a supllimentary system and doesn't really effect the main game.  But its great bragging rights for online play.  That alone adds a lot of replayability for the levels.

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 12:13:32 AM »
Apparently, Kerrigan gets injected with human DNA and is now half human.

I hope somebody got fired for that.

Because it is at least the third stupidest fucking thing I have ever heard.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2010, 12:15:25 AM by Angie »

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2010, 09:30:22 AM »
Argh... let's be mindful of spoilers in this thread before certain people have finished the campaign...

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 11:30:47 PM »
Apparently, Kerrigan gets injected with human DNA and is now half human.

I hope somebody got fired for that.

Because it is at least the third stupidest fucking thing I have ever heard.

What were the first two? ???
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2010, 04:35:44 PM »
well shit....yeah i think either that post needs to be edited or a tag added to the thread name that spoilers are in here now....*attempts to rewind time and fails*

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: Starcraft II (SPOLIERS)
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2010, 05:37:42 PM »
Sorry. Should have spoiler tagged this earlier.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 11:14:05 PM »
Did beat the game finally....there is ONE thing that really annoyed me....here I am watching the credits when what starts playing?!?  Terran up the night!  So I grab the soundtrack out of the CE box hoping maybe its like a bonus track....and nope.....damn you blizzard I want L80ETC music!! On a side note, i guess if you cycle the music on the jukebox enough Terran up the Night will play.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2010, 06:17:07 PM »
I would like to say I think the ending was excellent.  Really you should have seen it coming seeing as how all the protoss missions you play say that Kerrigan HAS to survive...having her as part human/part zerg works out quite well.  You still have someone that is prolly gonna be able to control the zerg...but now has her humanity back and can control them to do good (or in this case actually work to save the universe instead o trying to wipe it out).