Rules/Introductions/FAQ > Introductions

New Guy.

(1/5) > >>

Archdemon Stu:
Name's Sam.  I drink, play lots of video games (strategy, MMO, RPG, and rarely some FPS), and watch lots of anime, the latest of which I've been looking at has been Mask of the Stranger.  I'm also quite an artist, enough so that I'm investing in a $2,000 WACOM tablet to build my portfolio, and do some commissions with.  If all goes well with this RPG, I'd definitely enjoy drawing up some of the shenanigans and whatnot that occur.  I'm very laid back and easy to get along with, and I take constructive criticism very well (in fact, I believe it's one of the few ways people ever improve).

I've got about a decade of experience in RPGs under my belt, covering a lot of different characters and unfinished story lines.  I've only found a few crowds to RP with, and none of them stick with it until the end of a game.  Even if it takes another decade, I would like to have at least one finished game under my belt, flakes be damned. 

I found you guys through the WC3 map, actually.  I'm deployed in Afghanistan right now, and don't have much of an internet connection.  So, I whipped out WC3, beat it, and got bored.  I needed another campaign.  I did some Google, and bam!  I decided I liked some of the creative touches on the storyline there, and once I discovered it was the product of an RP board... it just sounded too fun.

I have only a handful of characters that would fit in such an epic context though, so I'm deciding between two right now: a young wizard (good aligned, but has a "the end justifies the means" attitude) whose power and knowledge of the world grew too quickly due to inheriting the archive of a great sorcerer that raised him, and is trying to escape the gods of his world until he can find a way to destroy them.  The other, a former knight of an inquisition with brutal methods against magic users (mostly evil, but a deep down good awoken by his love interest), and in order to save his life is turned into a fiery demon by a god that thought him a "promising investment."  Whichever might fit better or add a more interesting combo to what you guys have, I'm open for suggestions.

I'll get my application and make adjustments to these characters once the guidelines are up.  Looking forward to it.

Cameron:
Welcome to the Administorum!

Things are still kind of a mess right now as far as the Epic is concerned. Goes to show what happens when I try to start a battle and then my job interferes. I have the Guidelines nearly done. They just need a few finishing touches and they'll be up. In the meantime, feel free to hang around and see if any of the other active battles interest you, and let me know if you have any questions.

Archdemon Stu:
Sounds awesome.  I'll be checking things out for sure.

How to new characters get integrated once I've made my characters?  It'd probably be a bit awkward jumping in during some major event or battle.

Cameron:
I have a few plot points set aside for bringing in new characters once the current fight is complete.

Kitharsis:
Welcome!

Sounds like you'll fit in well here.  The epic battle is the most longstanding that we have, running the course of the multiple sites we've lived on.  The other battles can be just as fun, if not more low key. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version