Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: VANQUISH  (Read 4120 times)

Offline Angie

• Scout
VANQUISH
« on: September 03, 2010, 01:36:07 AM »
It's pretty goddamn awesome.

within the 10-minute-ish demo there are two transformation sequences, about eleventy billion missiles, four dropships and a temporal shift.

you can also roundhouse kick a giant robot so hard it explodes.

anyone with a ps3 should go download this son-of-a-bitch right now because oh my lord my face is melting.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
Re: VANQUISH
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:08:41 AM »
I still really need to get a PS3. Maybe when I'm not busy spending close to $600 on a game I won't name cause you'll hate me for it.  ::)

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2010, 11:03:20 PM »
What's up with all the Russians attacking America games? Isn't it politically wrong to do that or did something happen that I'm not aware of?
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 02:57:48 AM »
Politically no...no government is say funding the production of the game so no one could do anything even if they wanted to.  Also for a very long time (and especially after the Cold War) Russia (and before that the Soviet Union) has been at odds with the US.  Hell there were times we were dangerously close to a full scale "real" war during the Cold War years.  Heck even today there is still quite a bit of mistrust between Russia and the US (no real surprise since they are 2 of the biggest superpowers in the world).  This makes them a very useable enemy to work into games (as in very easy to figure out a reason why the US would be invading/being invaded by them).
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 04:43:46 AM »
I thought things were better between the two. I would've thought they'd use China-USA with China growing so fast, but it does make sense. Thanks Jharm!
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 07:01:52 PM »
It's more likely than not that Vanquish either takes place in a world with an Alternate history, or, more likely, is just being campy and using Soviet Russia because it's more iconic than Red China is.

Platinum Games, formerly Clover, are pretty well known for being decidedly Tongue-in-Cheek with their stories.