Off Topic > General Discussion

TTBE Art: Work in Progress

(1/3) > >>

Archdemon Stu:
Working on some art for Soul's TTBE, and since you guys provided such helpful feedback on my last work, I decided to include you guys while I'm still working on it.  Here's the first couple of steps I've taken toward Kitharsis's battle with Kherek.

Right now I'm just sort of laying in the tattoos to see what they'll look like before I apply their lighting effects (which will be among the last steps I take).  Still need to get a better idea about what the rune on his shoulder actually looks like though, but I'll get around to that later.  I also intend to lighten his skin a bit and add the giant boots of massiveness as well as trinkets and pouches.

As for Kherek, I'm still messing with his concept a lot, but I'm thinking of applying scraps of cloth to show movement, some nasty looking spikes, and maybe some gold ornaments or trinkets to make him pop a little in the dark lighting (the background will be mostly black with a few dungeony-bricky-pillars).

At this point, since it's not a finished product, please feel free to throw in ideas, feedback, or maybe you just noticed somebody's appendage is slightly disproportional... let me have it.  After staring at one project for a couple hours, I can't see things that you guys will, and won't have ideas that you guys might.

Thank you much!

Soul Reaver:
The main thing I can think of is that Kitharsis' skin is a light grey colour.  I'm also not sure Kitharsis has any ears (in TTBE, since he's based on the troll model, he has HUGE, pointy ears... but I think in the BBs, he has none).

john greymore:
Whenever I think of that battle, I always think skeletons against scarabs. Perhaps later on you can add that to the background?

Archdemon Stu:

--- Quote from: Soul Reaver on April 15, 2011, 11:43:20 PM ---The main thing I can think of is that Kitharsis' skin is a light grey colour.  I'm also not sure Kitharsis has any ears (in TTBE, since he's based on the troll model, he has HUGE, pointy ears... but I think in the BBs, he has none).

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---I also intend to lighten his skin a bit and...
--- End quote ---

On it!  I just prefer to start with darks and work my way up.  Hm, after looking at Kith's drawing, it looks like he has an ear, but honestly, I was just looking at his avatar image, so it's small enough to where I can't be certain.  As soon as he confirms though, it'll be easily removed.  I'll keep an eye on that.

--- Quote from: john greymore on April 16, 2011, 12:03:44 PM ---Whenever I think of that battle, I always think skeletons against scarabs. Perhaps later on you can add that to the background?

--- End quote ---
Hmmm, maybe.  Skeletons require a lot of anatomy classes to execute correctly, or a lot of time looking at reference.  To draw an army of them would be daunting.  Though having some beetles from Kherek's swarm ability would probably look pretty cool.  It's definitely something to consider though.

Kitharsis:
Hehe, I find it funny how you keep thinking Kitharsis is missing features, Soul.  Yes, Kith has ears.  He looks like a giant human when it comes to facial features.  When he was in swamp thing mode he was more reptilian.  And to be honest I'm not sure if I included ears for the Jataka or not...

The tattoos look awesome!  This is coming along nicely.  I'll try and get on and pick at it later.  Just wanted to say yes.  Ears. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version