Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Official Administorum Star Wars: The Old Republic Guild  (Read 65176 times)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: Official Administorum Star Wars: The Old Republic Guild
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2011, 01:53:16 PM »
So I've been reading about the pre-order and early access program.

Turns out you need to redeem your pre-order code on the website in order to be eligible for the early access program.

It is a staggered release with this program, and access date is determined by when you redeemed your code on the website.

Oh a whim I decided to check out my pre-order status and when I did I realized someting:

I never redeemed the code.  I pre-ordered back in late August.  And from then until now I sat on the pre-order code.

I'm a little salty about the whole deal.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »
In all fairness Kith...that information has been available pretty much since they opened up pre-orders =/ and if you pre-ordered through Gamestop (no idea how the other companies are doing it) the email containing your pre-order code even specifically mentioned early access being tied to redeeming the code.  Regardless though,  you might get in early a day or two maybe...Bioware hasnt stated exactly how they are staggering the early access days, heck they could easily do it that as long as you redeem your code before early access starts you get the final early access day guaranteed *shrug*.

Also...both Cameron and myself have received emails informing us we are part of the final beta test this weekend so if you were in last weekend check your email...you will possibly be in this one too.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2011, 05:28:33 PM »
The thing is, I ordered it directly from Origin.  And I was signed in when I purchased it.  Something like applying the code to your account automatically should be simple but noooooo.

Haha, but yeah, its my own fault for not reading things.

I'm in the beta this weekend too.  Probably gonna bang out a Jedi Consular to see if I like it.  Are we going to be on the same server as last weekend?  I should be around Saturday to play during the day some.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2011, 08:05:45 PM »
The thing is, I ordered it directly from Origin.  And I was signed in when I purchased it.  Something like applying the code to your account automatically should be simple but noooooo.

Haha, but yeah, its my own fault for not reading things.

I've been more then a little miffed by some things EA has done during this launch process.

I think we're on the same server. Whether they wiped characters or not will determine whether I play Republic or Empire this time around.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:58:15 PM by Cameron Aileron »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2011, 09:29:58 AM »
Are we all logging into Cosmic Turbine this time?  I jumped on that server last time but was all over the place so I didn't put up character names.  Maybe we can do a flashpoint if everyone is on sometime.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2011, 04:07:21 PM »
I found the following text had been edited into my post by Jharm. I can only assume that he meant to post it himself, but apparently missed the New post button. I've taken the liberty of placing it in a seperate post where it belongs.

Quote from: Jharm
Hmm....let me guess....security questions?

Anyways...loaded up the launcher and downloaded an update.  Been reading through the patch notes and a few changes caught my eye that I am quite pleased about:

-Reverse engineering mode no longer toggles off after reverse engineering an item (there ya go Cameron...less chance of RE'ing your armor eh? hehe)
-Mail sent to another player will now have a 30 minute delay (Im honestly not too certain what it was before cause I never really used the mail but Im assuming was prolly an hour)
-Moving to a new planet instance will no longer trigger the players Quick Travel cooldown (This is a freaking amazing and much required change, especially when a group of friends log on and get split into seperate instances and are trying to get into the same one)
-Using the /stuck command will no longer kill the player unless a safe location cannot be determined.  Players can now only use /stuck every 120 seconds. (I know for some people *cough* Fei *cough* this is an amazing change as well....the bum had to kill himself 3 times in a row cause he kept getting stuck on stuff cause he would keep bouncing all over the place)

To answer your question, Jharm, the security question thing is only part of my gripe. Being forced to change our passwords is another, and my biggest gripe is the method they chose to make us do that. Basically forcing us to go through the "Forgot your password" routine before they'd even let us log in, only to allow me to use the exact same password I had before? Waste of time. To be fair, I don't think any of this is Bioware's fault. I've dealt with dickery like this from EA in the past.

Are we all logging into Cosmic Turbine this time?  I jumped on that server last time but was all over the place so I didn't put up character names.  Maybe we can do a flashpoint if everyone is on sometime.

Yes, Cosmic Turbine is the server. And the good news is that it looks like they didn't wipe any characters. My Republic character is named Aileron, and he's currently stationed on Corucsant. I'm not sure when or if I'll be on tonight, however. I'll post in this thread again when I'm getting ready to login.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:12:31 PM by Cameron Aileron »

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »
Looks like I won't really be able to participate and this last beta before release.  I have far too many things to do.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2011, 08:52:22 PM »
I won't be on tonight. I'll make sure I get on tomorrow.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #128 on: December 03, 2011, 06:34:38 AM »
So anyone else interested in joining us in SWTOR beta, Cameron and I will not be on until ~6:30pm EST due to work schedules.  Hopefully we can get 2 more people on then we can create a guild and check out the interface for it and such.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #129 on: December 04, 2011, 08:11:12 AM »
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111203

Well, looks like we (as a guild at least) are good to go for release.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #130 on: December 04, 2011, 08:21:54 AM »
http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111203

Well, looks like we (as a guild at least) are good to go for release.

I'll post here with more details as I receive them, especially the server name that we've been pre-loaded on to.

Missed beta last night. I'll try and be on tonight provided that I'm feeling any better by the time I get off work.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #131 on: December 04, 2011, 09:06:13 PM »
eh NP man....hanging with Sepher atm.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #132 on: December 05, 2011, 03:12:27 AM »
Missed beta again tonight, and now it's over. Oh well. I'll save the joy of getting my first ship for the official release.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #133 on: December 05, 2011, 10:13:22 AM »
I was on late Friday night and Saturday during the day.  But Sunday I didn't have much time.

I actually spent what little time I had Sunday to make sure I could recreate my characters in the character creator.  Took longer than I thought, and the queue didn't help much either!

I've decided on two classes:

Republic Jedi Consular - Sage (Focusing Balance, but could probably respec Heals if needed).
Imperial Bounty Hunter - Tank/DPS tree.

I like the Consular mechanics better than the Knight.  Building up Force points and spending them wasn't something I enjoyed.  The replenishing energy system of the Consular was less of a hassle.  Plus I just get the feeling that this game favors ranged combat.

Did you know you can't drop armor pieces in the middle of your companions character screen?  Well you can, but I mistook the destroy dialog for the bind on equip dialog and trashed my Lizardman's new armor when I got to Courosant.  Whoops!  Hehe.

Also, I'm not ashamed to say that both of my characters use body type 4.  Curvy Twi'Lek and Hefty Rattataki.  Fun times.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #134 on: December 05, 2011, 11:19:30 AM »
yep im looking at the following: (will prolly be starting w/ Scoundrel unless it becomes apparent guild needs another tank then will prolly swap over to guardian, really enjoy both so *shrug* whatever hehe)
Smuggler Scoundrel - DPS/offheals
Jedi Guardian - Tank
then eventually:
Trooper Commando - DPS/offheals prolly
BH Merc or Powertech....not really sure which, beta'd the powertech and enjoyed him a lot but might give Merc a try
Imperial Agent Operative - dps/offheals
Sith Juggernaut - Tank

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2011, 10:18:22 PM »
Ok, so an email went out from Bioware to testers informing them that testing has ended and to prepare for release to fully uninstall their client (apparently it was sent out before the announcement was made NOT to uninstall if you played either of the previous two weekends). The FB/forum announcement is correct, ignore the email:

IF YOU PLAYED THE BETA AFTER NOVEMBER 25TH DO NOT UNINSTALL THE GAME!

If you do you will pretty much be forcing yourself to have to redownload all 20+ gigs needlessly once you get told when you are getting early acces.  I know some of you may not even be getting the game on day 1 but still no need to completely reinstall the game, this way you can simply input your CD key and away you go.  I do suggest though that you guys try to load up the launcher every few days to get any patches they may put out.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2011, 07:55:49 PM »
Also, I'm not ashamed to say that both of my characters use body type 4.  Curvy Twi'Lek and Hefty Rattataki.  Fun times.

Ya know, if they made that body choice a lil shorter I would totally use it cause they almost look dwarfish but right now they are too tall for it to look like I would want it to.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #137 on: December 07, 2011, 06:32:23 PM »
Ok everyone if you have Pre-ordered SWTOR you are now able to download the client and install the game.  You must have a pre-order code redeemed on swtor.com to be able to do this though.

Also they are releasing music from SWTOR via FB and Youtube (they have stated this music is NOT part of the soundtrack thats in the CE) you can find the full playlist of the released music (so far) here:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=iv&src_vid=q19iJvguBjc&annotation_id=annotation_903853&list=PL9B4051A08A65C57B

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #138 on: December 08, 2011, 06:22:47 AM »
Early access was supposed to start on the 15th. It is now starting on the 13th.

http://kotaku.com/5866168/early-access-for-the-old-republic-starts-earlier

That's THIS Tuesday, for the record.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #139 on: December 08, 2011, 06:39:31 PM »
Yeah thats pretty awesome news.  Amusingly enough I got the email and didnt really even notice the change in starting dates until I was reading Kotaku and saw it :-p