Off Topic > Games

What are you all playing these days?

(1/3) > >>

Kitharsis:
I'm still blowing up things in D3 these days, but I'm starting to look for something else to play.  So I figured I'd ask around.

I'm not too concerned playing the newest stuff either.  Anything old and fun is awesome too.  Speaking of which it might be time for another FF 6 or 7 or tactics playthrough...  Hmmm...

But either way, this can be a general, "Oh snap this game I just picked up is awesome!" thread.  So, what are you playing?

Archdemon Stu:
Well if you don't need any high-end craziness, there's lots of free games at http://www.kongregate.com/  For some reason I don't feel right recommending any of the full-price games I've been playing lately, especially since I got them on Steam sales that are no longer available.

I've played through a lot of their tower defense games, and they're pretty solid; the Gemcraft series and Protector series have the most depth I think.  If you're looking for an RPG, Mardek has pretty solid mechanics, with a story that doesn't take itself too seriously for me to take it seriously (if that makes sense).  Also, the Monster Den series is a pretty fun little stat-stacking dice-rolling little RPG.  Like any good RPG, it's a bit rough to get started on, but great once you get your momentum.

However, I will never discourage a person from playing FF6 again.  Pretty much my favorite RPG ever, if not entirely because of nostalgia.  Maybe see if you can find all of Shadow's dream sequences this time around? :P

Radobe:
What I am playing right now is D3, but I am also mixing it with The Witcher and will soon be playing WItcher 2. As for some older games, I would recommend Arcanum with some modes. Two of my friends played it recently and are quite satisfied and it is an involving game with a grate open world.

Shadow Chorus:
I'm playing the witcher 2, Skyrim with excessive amounts of mods, Dota 2, and occasionally whatever the hell I feel like.

Kitharsis:
I actually have a copy of Arcanum sitting around that I never got past the first 2 hours or so of gameplay.  What mods would you recommend?

FF6 almost won out, but I fired up FF7 last night and almost threw up.  Then I realized the game is 15 years old.  Once the story got started I settled down a little.  Still not certain I'm going to stick with it.

How is the Witcher series?  I've heard good things.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version