Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8043  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Shadowhaunt: The Black Crusade (Part II)  (Read 75486 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: Shadowhaunt: The Black Crusade (Part II)
« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2013, 12:02:06 AM »
Somehow, despite the group's best efforts, Alucard got far ahead of them on the walk back, and by the time they'd finished reaching camp, Alucard was finishing up a conversation with Walter and was once again disappearing into the trees. Walter turned to them as they approached, looking at the Gorger in particular with a knowing look.

"Alucard tells me he put you through a trial-by-fire Gorger." Walter said as the group approached. "He praised your strength of will and says that we won't have to worry about conflicting loyalties should you be near Vampires without a watcher. High praise from him. I know he can seem callous and even downright careless at times, especially when he's been riled up for a fight. But he's always got a plan. His teaching style may be....Rough...But I can't argue that it isn't effective. You'd never have known how you'd fare against a vampire's will until you faced it yourself, and better while Alucard was there than while no-one was." With that he offered the ghoul a knowing nod and looked to the other two.

"And he tells me you two are impressive. Even more surprises. He says you're strong of heart, Rau, to stand up to him. And Sun Wu, he says he's surprised you're as calm and quick as you are. I don't think you realize how important that man's good word is gentlemen. It carries a lot of weight, since he's one who only respects those who can earn it from him."

He turned to lead them into the camp.

"Come. You'd best rest. In a few hours, we leave for the Black city. The ghoul army has dispersed or died after you killed the vampires, and our next goal is open. We move into the Black city from below and we'll defeat General Dark raven with a surprise attack from within the city while the bulk of the main crusade attacks from without. Now you'd best eat and rest. We march in five hours."

With that he turned and strode over to Seth to continue discussing their plans, leaving the trio to their own devices.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2013, 07:03:25 AM »
At first Rau attempts to fall into the vampires pace, but seeing how he has no intention of slowing down, the priest sets his own pace and continues towards the camp.

"Alucard tells me he put you through a trial-by-fire Gorger."... who can earn it from him."

Rau did not approve of Alucards approach towards the situation. Reckless, arrogant, for the vampire this probably seemed like a game, yet the hpriest had to admit that with Alucard’s power the trio were never truly in danger. It was not anger he felt now it was frustration. Quickly his frustration, turned into a feeling of helplessness, thinking on the gap in strength and what would have happened if Alucard wasn’t there.

The priest wandered through the camp for a while processing everything that had happened since he boarder the crusade’s ship. So much had occurred in such a short time. He had seen wonders and monsters he had never imagined seeing. The priest himself had changed so much, and yet it was not enough. In this war there was more he could do, much more. General Dark Raven was their next goal and he needs to be ready for whatever was to come.

The aether Rau uses still remains an enigma. Extremely powerful and not easy to handle, it could be dangerous if he failed another spell. Even so he had to use it to its limits and go even beyond them. He might have set on that path, but he still has a long way to go and he needs to hurry along.

Rau grabs a quick bite and quickly goes to find Valorkoth. Finding a dragon amidst an army of men and monsters does not prove to be a difficult task for the priest. He quickly finds him and requests and audience.

“Valorkoth, i seek your council,” he approaches the dragon and shows his respect with a slight bow. “For the short time I have had the ability to wield it, I have used a lot of aether,” it takes Rau a little effort to say the next sentence. “And I am ashamed of how I have performed. Not only was I not able to gauge my own strength, I also endangered our forces. I cannot have that,” taking a moment to lower his voice the holy man goes on. “The one at fault is me, yet I still want to ask for your help. Please can you help me? In this turbulent war, I cannot take my time to understand it on my own thus I seek your guidance once more. I know I won’t be able to master it, but at least I want to know how to make sure I don’t harm my fellow crusader, shield them if I have to.”
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #102 on: September 06, 2013, 06:45:11 PM »
The Gorger consumed his share of the vampire lord, and tossed the rest of the body - along with his comrade - to the werewolves and ghouls.  "Eat up."

He turned away, and briefly looked for a place to be alone for a moment.  It was nearly impossible.  Such a massive army, scattered about as they set up camp and rested.  The Gorger couldn't stand the sight of a single one of them.  Though their goals coincided, The Gorger never truly had a choice, and still had none.

For the time being, however, he required their help in killing the vampires.  His mightiest blow with his mightiest weapon was easily deflected by the skinny arms of some smug-looking vampire nobility.  Without Alucard, he would be dead.  The thought disgusted him.

Vampires were such powerful beings by nature alone.  Could a ghoul never surpass them?  With his great physical strength that could sunder stone itself, could he never breach a high vampire's twiggy limbs?

He paced angrily through the encampment, taking no solace in the praise he'd received.

A way to surpass the physical plane... a way to crush beings that seemed to ignore the natural physics of the world... then, it hit him.  Seth knew a great deal of magic, though he was busy planning with Walter.  No, better yet... Sun Wu.  The monk had once explained Chi to The Gorger before.

Moments later, having sniffed Sun Wu out... "Monk." he arose to his feet from behind the monk.  "How does one learn to use... 'chi?'"

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2013, 02:54:45 PM »
Sun Wu sits cross legged on his bedroll.  A plume of smoke rolls out of his mouth as he exhales a long draw on his pipe.  The bottle of water he always carries is sitting in front of him.  The water has a slight blue glow to it.

"I used to believe," he pauses to take a pull from his pipe, "that Chi is like a river coursing through a person's body."  He waves his hand over the bottle and the water spins inside.  "It works for me to think this way.  My soul longed to be taken away with the current, ever moving.

He waves his hand over the bottle once again, but this time the water lies still.  "Theldorian, one of the Elves is a master of harnessing Chi.  He showed me that I am close in my thinking.  Chi is fluid and malleable, but it prefers to lie still.  I was comfortable with the current.  I took strength in it."

Wu pries the cork off of the bottle and pours some of the water on the ground.  It follows the slope of the dirt downhill for a few feet until it collects in a small puddle. 

"True mastery of Chi requires a person to be settled in themselves.  The churning of my emotions and desires sends my Chi into a flowing river instead of a still lake."

Wu slams the cork back onto the bottle and stuffs it into his pack sitting nearby.  He finally exhales the smoke from the last pull of his pipe.  "A placid lake is fine.  But if the dam is opened it turns into a raging river.  Yes.  I must learn to open and close the dam.  But where does the dam belong if the lake is endless?"

The monk finally turns and looks at The Gorger.  His eyes betray the many thoughts churning through his mind.  "The first step is to find your pool, or your river, or whatever else it is that you can find within yourself.  Once you are in touch with that, then you can will it to aid you."  Wu considers The Gorger for a moment.  "Your appetite, while a manifestation of your current condition, may hold ties to your inner self.  Ponder it, trace it to its source.  What you find might surprise you."

Wu turns forward again and sighs.  "Now please, I have many things to consider."

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2013, 04:20:01 PM »
"Young one." The dragon said, turning his neck and lowering it down to the Human's level. "You have solved your own quandry in your own words, yet you do not realize it." Valorkoth turned his neck up to the sky and exhaled a short burst of fire. "We dragons are beings of fire; creatures of will and emotion. And so it would be that our kind would be the first to draw upon the Aether. The Aether that you draw upon is a manifestation of your intent to affect the universe around you. This much you seem to have learned. But your intent is composed of two parts. The will, the act you wish to perform, and the Emotion, the personal feeling behind the act. You are turbulent, so much like this war, and so your intent is muddled, and so too will be your spell."

The dragon looked down at the dirt and planted a claw on a rent in the earth formed by the previous battle. Light flowed from his hand into the tear, and soon it closed, seeming to be renewed.

"A healer draws upon the Aether to mend. This act is composed of the will to heal injuries. But it is also formed of the Emotion of the act. Compassion is the fuel for healing. A true healer mends wounds with compassion in their heart, a kindness of being that seeks to make others suffer less."

He then clenched his claw on a bone lying on the ground next to that patch of dirt. His eyes narrowed into slits and his teeth ground, and the bone set itself alight in holy fire, turning to ash in moments.

"A warrior draws upon the Aether to harm. They have the will to deal damage and strike down foes. Their emotion is anger, justice, vengeance, any of the above. A seasoned warrior, however, recognizes that choice of emotion is key. An Aether warrior who draws too heavily upon Vengeance as fuel will find themselves lashing out at anything that gives them cause, distancing themselves from their allies and ultimately drowning them in darkness. Vengeance and anger are powerful emotions, and should be used cautiously, lest they overwhelm their wielder. Justice is a positive emotion, but easily linked to the darker spectrum. Vengeance hidden behind the guise of Justice is vengeance nonetheless. Justice is blind, and makes decisions regardless of personal opinion, acting only as is just and right. The balance between these emotions and desires must be maintained in an Aether warrior. Seek to right your emotion to your will, and your intent will be clear, and your control more precise."

-----------------------------------------------------

The night air grew slightly more cold as the sound of hoofbeats approached. Crows that had previously been silent screeched in the night and alighted from their perches in the trees. A figure in blackened armor, a headless rider, approached the settlement, his skull resting in the crook of one arm as he rode. Black eyes stared ahead as the Dullahan's chilly visage remained unmoving, the head silently watching his path. The dullahan's left arm holds the reins, the Night-black shield adorning the forearm flashing a worn white cross to the night air. His knight's tabard bore the same insignia, both the cloth on his chest and the cape flowing behind him made of tattered, black cloth. The Horse made no sound, though at such a gallop it should have been panting and slathering were it any living steed. A soft blue glow emanated from its frame, though its coat was black as the armor of its rider. Where its hooves beat the dirt, the plants wither and die, leaving a trail of dying grass behind it.

The dark rider pulls to a stop in front of Sir Walter and Seth's campfire. Out of earshot of the rest of the camp, the rider lets go of his head and it floats into the air beside the armor, speaking to the pair. A menacing right gauntlet, black as coal extends out, holding a letter for the Tamer. Sir Walter takes it and peruses its contents before rolling it up and nodding. Tossing the letter into the fire he signals the Dullahan to follow. Dismounting, the rider leaves his spectral steed where it stands, having no need to hitch his mount, and follows Sir Walter. The horse shimmered and then dispersed into mist, fading into the night until its master's next call.

"Alright men!" Sir Walter's booming voice echoed through the campground, turning all eyes to him. "Prepare to move out! I want The Gorger, Sun Wu, Father Rau and Axel here on the double!"

When those ordered had gathered, Sir Walter addressed them as a group.

"Alright. You four are needed for a special assignment. Our plan of attack is a twofold diversion. The bulk of the Crusade will attack the Black City directly. Most of our group will scale the walls and attack from behind. And then you four will accompany this Dullahan through the Sewers on a hunt for General Darkraven. His name is Vildayvin Devaron, and you will obey his orders as if they were my own. He knows the Black city well enough to lead you to your target. General Darkraven will be leading his men from the Belltower of the Church of blood in the center of the city. Vildayvin will lead you through the Sewers to the Central square, where you'll have to fight your way to the Church to take down the General. Axel is coming because he knows the Undead strategy, and once Vildayvin has gotten you to the surface he can make sure you survive to the church. Axel is acting as second-in-command to this mission, and he deserves equal respect. Your lives depend on these two men. And the Entire Crusade depends on your actions as a whole. Move out as soon as you're ready. The army is moving now."

With that out of the way, Walter strode away from the group to organize the rest of his forces as they gathered up for the march.

"Right...So, we'd better move, we can introduce ourselves while we go. After you, sir." Axel said, looking at Vildayvin.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2013, 09:43:42 PM »
The Dulluhan follows behind Walter, his separated head matching speed with the armored form, gazing around at the soldiers as they rush around preparing to move on the aged crusaders orders.  Vegetation withers and dies, leaving a trail of brown death behind the reaper.  A distracted soldier, focused on gathering his gear and forming up with his unit doesnt move fast enough as the cursed warrior brushes against him.  The soldier stumbles and a gasp of shock is heard as a feeling similar to freezing ice water flows across his arm.
          Sir Walter comes to a stop as the owners of the four names he bellowed make their arrivals, Vildayvin stopping next to him.  His head floats silently in front of him at about chest level and his left hand rests on the pommel of his sword and his right on the handle of his whip.  The eyes of his skull-like crown flit between the men before him as Walter informs them of the upcoming battle plans.  At the mention of his name when Sir Walter introduces him, his head nods towards the elite soldiers.  As Walter moves away to tend to the matters of his army, the mouth of Vildayvin's head (which up til now was twisted into a maniacal looking grin) speaks to the men before him.  The voice is raspy and haunting.

"Greetings to you Gorger...Father Rau....Sun Wu.  I have been told much about you three."

The head's eyes gaze at each of the three slowly as he speaks.  The Gorger...a creature of incredible ferocity and strength...but also a creature of incredible hunger turned only a short while ago.  Sun Wu...an Akavashani monk strong at wielding the fabled Chi powers of his people.  Finally (the eyes almost seem to settle on Rau the longest), Father Rau Canires...a well versed and knowledgeable priest of Lumos...quite powerful but also quite haughty and judgemental.

Axel: "Right...So, we'd better move, we can introduce ourselves while we go. After you, sir."

The head turns towards Axle.

"Yes...we have a bit of a ride ahead of us still and we must move quickly.  There are many shadows and crags for the enemy to hide within between us and the Black City."

The head's mouth returns to the maniacal grin from before as Vildayvin turns and raises his right arm.  A faint blue mist seeps out from behind his gauntlet and flows towards the ground.  Suddenly the mist coalesces and Frostmane, the cursed rider's faithful steed is before him.  The horseman walks over to the dreadsteed and effortlessly climbs into the saddle, his head floating slightly above his neck gazing down at his companions.

"We must move with all possible speed.  Axle...would you be able to acquire mounts to carry our friends forth?"

He then looks at the Gorger.

"Though from what I have heard you may not need any such assistance my ghoulish comrade."
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #106 on: September 10, 2013, 07:14:28 PM »
After Sun Wu was finished speaking, The Gorger came to an uncharacteristic pause.  The inner self... the center from which The Gorger draws all of his actions.  The monk's words landed soundly, and the ghoul came to the sudden realization of how long gone his identity truly was.  Why is it he acts the way he does?  If he was only hungry, why is it that he always made sure to take the front lines?  Why did he split from the group when the werewolves attacked to break their position?  Why did he fight so hard not to kill his fellow Crusaders when the vampires attempted to retake him?  And in spite of it all... why did he still hate the Crusade so much?  What was this lingering bitterness that he could not seem to fend off?

The desire to unlock the secrets of his past came to the forefront.  Though, he wondered if such deeds would allow him the inner calm the monk spoke of.

After a short time of introspection, the call was made.  The Gorger was needed.  With a frustrated rumble in his throat, he picked himself up, and made his way to Sir Walter's summons.

The Gorger sensed the presence of a powerful being he did not recognize as he approached.  He was adorned in fine armor and weaponry, and his head flowed about his form in a manner unusual for common a Dullahan.

As he spoke, The Gorger found himself disturbed by yet another monster in the Black Crusade.  He wanted to be here.  It was as if his very presence stabbed at The Gorger.  How can all these monsters willingly work with the Crusade, when The Gorger seemed to hide some great deal of bitterness toward them?  Their goals coincided, so why...?

"Though from what I have heard you may not need any such assistance my ghoulish comrade."

The raspy voice of the frozen knight snapped him out of his daze.  "Comrade?" The Gorger laughed. "An interesting formality toward a slave."

The ghoul's vertebrae popped and his legs cracked as white hairs enveloped his frame, his gums bleeding and regenerating as large fangs tore through.  Coming to all fours, he snarled. "Let's get on with it, then."

Though they had just met, was clear the ghoul was at least cooperative, and positioned himself where he could keep up with the Dullahan.  The Gorger's heightened senses would be able to sense any incoming threats as they traveled.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #107 on: September 11, 2013, 11:03:15 AM »
Wu has returned to calm.  His ranting while in the company of The Gorger has subsided and he wears his typical placid demeanor once again.

There is no dam, he has decided.  There is just stillness and calm.  His will is the current pushing his Chi to action.  Sun Wu has, in the darkest and most evil of lands, found the path to a greater understanding of serenity.

Sir Walter calls.  Wu gathers his things and assembles with The Gorger, Father Rau, the one called Axle, and a man without a head.

A Dulluhan.  One of the storied headless horsemen.  Vildayvin is his name.  Wu considers him as he is introduced to the group.  The monk greets him with a nod and a slight bow.  At this point in the crusade his previous wariness towards the monstrous and dark leaning forces of the word has waned. 

"Understood, Sir Walter."  Is Wu's simple reply to their orders.

He hasn't traveled by horse very often, but he is familiar with how to ride and control a horse.  He waits patiently for a steed, or for the ask to trot on foot.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #108 on: September 13, 2013, 06:17:26 AM »
Rau was deep in thought as he contemplated, what the dragon has told him. He was aware that emotion fueled his powers, but the information that intent dictated its properties was new to him. If aether was a manifestation of ones own emotion, it would make sense that one could be able to bound it to his will.  Healing with compassion would make sense as well, putting in will and emotion, both with the strong desire to alleviate pain would make the spell more potent. What if in it ...  Rau's mind was running wild with the possibilities, he could do so much. Of course there is bound to be some trial and error, perhaps even some unstable spells, if his emotions were not in the right place, but in time the possibilities would be endless.

"Thank you... you have thought me a great deal once more. If it is ever within my power to repay you this debt I will not hesitate to do so." Rau bowed to the dragon and made his way back to the main part of the camp upon receiving Sir Walter's summons.

"Alright. You four are needed for a special assignment... The army is moving now."

Rau had mixed feeling on seeing a Dullahan take the lead of their small task force. However, considering the fact that their leader's judgement had not led them astray so far, he accepted the situation and gave a nod of approval.

"Yes...we have a bit of a ride ahead of us still and we must move quickly... "Though from what I have heard you may not need any such assistance my ghoulish comrade."

The priest took a quick look at the assembly of monster, that would jump into battle with him. He let out a sigh before replying. "I have no means of fast travel, thus I would require a horse or another fitting means of transportation."

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #109 on: September 15, 2013, 10:23:19 AM »
Axel retrieved his own horse, an undead mare, sallow and skeletal in several places, by the name of Nightsong, as well as two strong and able horses for the priest and monk.

"Come on, we'd best get going."

The group's ride was mostly uneventful. The darkness of the forest flew past as they raced along on horseback. Nightsong knew her rider by instinct, and he was able to easily keep pace with the Dullahan, avoiding any obstacles on the path while matching the galloping speed of Frostmane.

After a few hours' ride, they came to the mouth of the sewers, a massive, gaping hole in the bottom of the otherwise massive walls of the city, leaking out sewage and filth. It was by no means a pleasant stench, and Axel felt fortunate that his sense of smell was muted by undeath. There were noises of rodents scurrying about inside the cavernous sewers, and likely the place was infested with all manner of pests.

"Right...Well..After you then. I'd get lost fairly quick in there." Alex said, indicating that the Dullahan should lead the way.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #110 on: September 17, 2013, 07:50:58 PM »
The lidless eyes of the horseman gaze at the decayed form of the Gorger spoke to him and then transformed into a ghoulish wolf.  The same raspy voice echoes from the cold lips of the floating head.

"Slave?  No....not a slave my friend.  A slave is beaten and mistreated and given nothing in return.  What they [he motions towards the moving army] have given you is a chance at redemption...a chance at freedom.  That is NOT something your vampiric master would have ever given you I can assure you of that.  You must show Sir Walter and the others though that you understand what they are trying to give you."

The head then floats down towards The Gorger so only he can hear what is said next.

"You must show them that you accept their gift of redemption...that you are not some vicious monster devoid of reason....that you deserve freedom.  Fight the hunger within....fight the anger!"

Axel: "Come on, we'd best get going."

At hearing this Vildayvin's skull returns to the area above his shoulders.

"Yes...the Black City awaits!"

Frostmane rears up as the Dulluhan speaks this and unleashes a ghostly shrieking sound.  The dark rider and his mount then take off towards the north.  Knowing that two of the three mounts following him are only mortal creatures, the Dulluhan keeps Frostmane at a more...normal pace compared to the speed he would normally ride at.  As they ride through the darkness, his head glances around and his right hand rests near his whip as if he expected a surprise attack at any moment.  They arrive at the mouth of the sewers without incident though and he dismounts from Frostmane quickly.  Extending his hand once again, an icey mist flows from Frostmane towards its rider, seeping through the cracks in the blackened armor until suddenly the ethereal steed vanishes.  Motioning his companions to follow him, Vildayvin adjusts his shield and unsheathes his ebony longsword.

"Be wary for the sewers are large and cavernous...easy to get lost in and to get ambushed in."

He moves into the sewers, glancing back to ensure the rest of the group is behind him before moving into the stench filled darkness.  He leads the group through numerous twisting and turning tunnels, occasionally stopping to examine a section of wall or stone as if scanning for hidden markings.  Eventually they reach a large wooden door blocking their path.  Sheathing his blade the Dulluhan tests the door, finding it locked.  He gazes at it for a moment, deciding on how to proceed when he suddenly raises his right leg up and kicks against the door.  The riders unholy strength proves more then enough to smash the old rotten door off its hinges and launches the beam that had also been securing the door forward as well.  Drawing his blade once more Vildayvin moves into the room slowly, gazing around to see if any response occurs from his noisome entrance.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2013, 02:28:21 PM »
The ride is uneventful, which is a relief.  Wu is grateful for the horse.  The beast carries him for a few hours.  The monk feels guilty for leaving the animal once they reach the mouth of the sewers.  He dismounts and runs his hand over the horse's head and neck soothingly.   

"I hope you find your way to safety in this dark land."  Wu says as the horse walks away.  "Current guide you."

The monk falls in behind Vildayvin as the Dulluhan leads them through the sewers.  As their leader forcefully kicks in a door and causes an unnecessary amount of noise Wu wonders just what they have been led into. 

As the heavy door tumbles to a stop Wu stands stone still, straining to hear if there is any response to the excessive amount of noise.  Not wanting to be left behind he continues on into the room great caution.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #112 on: September 20, 2013, 01:07:39 PM »
The Gorger's face visibly wrinkled in anger as Vildayvin lectured him.  "This is not the first time some fool has preached to me of atonement.  Hah!  Redemption... for what crime?  Tell me, dullahan, what atrocities have I committed?  I fell in the service of the very Crusade you speak so highly of, yet I require atonement?!" The white wolf's eyes glared at the dullahan, independent from the head facing forward.  "This may come as a surprise to an ignorant fool like yourself or Father Rau, but the times I have had my own will, I have slain vampires and vampires alone.  Not a drop of innocent blood has been spilt by my will." He bared his teeth, and snarled,  "I have nothing to atone for!"

"Yet here I am, serving the Crusade I once served long ago.  I was tortured, forced to eat my own comrades alive, and do not even know if I have friends or loved ones waiting for me in the capital." He chuckled, "And then a tamer comes along... steals my will after I save his life from a vampire lord, hands me over where I am told constantly that as long as I behave, they'll take this damned collar off me!  Like a common thief in an overburdened prison, being let out because of 'good behavior.'  I am experimented on with holy magics by some upstart priest, and talked down to by some headless idiot who - without knowing a damned thing - says I should 'redeem' myself.  Is this what I am given in return of my service then, dullahan?!"

His gaze returned to the path before them.  "Count yourself lucky my hatred for the vampire lords surpasses that of the Crusade.  When Dracula lies dead at my feet, I may seek answers on my own path, but I'll be dead before I seek out your damned approval."

Through his tirade, he still remained vigilant.  Although he spoke ill of the Crusade, he still at least seemed to have some degree of dutifulness.  Though frequently labeled as an unruly monster, it could not be denied that he was reliable in the field.

As Vildayvin creates an entrance, The Gorger returns to his bipedal form and mounts the core of the Siege Breaker on his back, and grabs the mace and blade by their handles.  The cramped quarters would not allow him to use his typical fighting style, and therefor opted for something a little more... up close and personal.  He moved in closely after the dullahan, his weapons at the ready.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:27:15 PM by Archdemon Stu »

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2013, 10:25:00 AM »
The Priest listens to yet another remarkably naive tantrum from the Gorger.

“Ha-ha-ha, you are sorely mistaken if you think someone wants you to atone. There is no means of atonement for the lives you have taken. Be it by your will or the will of another, the facts remain the same. You have taken human lives, you are a threat. Humans will hate and fear you. The tamer you saved; the funny thing is he actually saved you as well. What do you think would have happened upon his report of a monstrous ghoul? A hunting party would have been dispatched, if you defeat them, maybe a regiment of soldiers would have been sent next. By all means you would have had a short and bleak life. In fact even Sir Walter saved your life. Do you think something as dangerous as you would be given to a normal tamer? If it was not for someone as exceptional as our leader, chances are you would have been put down at the first signs of outbursts, no one would have risked keeping you around.” The holy man looks at The Gorger for a few seconds, letting all he had said sink in. “You are given an opportunity to pick a side, to prove your worth and who knows maybe even earn some respect along the way.  Only by changing you savage nature you can find yourself a peaceful place within this world.”

Their ride takes the party to the sewers of the Black City and they proceed inside with caution, or that was what the priest thought. As the dulluhan kicks down the door a frown of disappointment can be seen on the holy man’s face. Every one moves in and the priest takes a position at the back, making sure nothing comes in from behind while the rest of the group investigates the room.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #114 on: September 24, 2013, 09:44:05 PM »
The noise of the door crashing down went largely unnoticed by the inhabitants of the room, and it soon became clear that this was a central drainage basin for the sewer system. It was a large circular room, and in the center was a large pit of waste and drainage water, flowing in from several different pipes and draining out through a large drainage tunnel that appeared to be beneath where they were standing. The room was composed of three ringed levels. The top, which they stood on, the bottom, which was the drainage basin, and the middle, which is where the other creatures in the room stood. On the other side of the large room  There stood a Trio of Hulking abominations and what appeared to be a Vampire count, all with their backs turned to the group as they looked down on a hooded figure. The figure was sitting against the wall, his face hidden by a black hood trimmed with silver lining. A pale lower jaw was locked in an expressionless visage, looking straight ahead, almost ignoring the quartet that seemed to be berating him.

"Listen to me scum." The vampire said, growling at the figure. "If you don't clear out of these sewers I will plant you on a spike and leave you out for the crows!"

The Hooded figure seemed to sense the group's presence and looked up, a flash of pale green showing from under the hood as his eyes were briefly revealed, before being masked in shadow again. The vampire, noticing this, turned and followed his target's gaze, to the group that was entering.

"What? An infiltration force! Get them!" The vampire said, pointing at the group as his Abominations began to work their way up to the party.

The figure looked down again, his eyes fixed on the back of the vampire before him, and shadows seemed to spill from his frame. There was a loud mass of squeaking noises from the side tunnels, and a swarm of rats flooded into the room. They all rushed to the vampire and attacked him, climbing, biting, and clawing at him until they overwhelmed him with sheer numbers, dragging him down and devouring him so quickly that he was dead in moments. That left only the trio of Abominations to deal with as they closed with the group.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #115 on: September 26, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »
Midnight orbs gaze upon 3 hulking abominations and a vampire, all standing before a seated figure.  The Dulluhan hears the vampire bellowing at the seated figure.

"Listen to me scum, if you don't clear out of these sewers I will plant you on a spike and leave you out for the crows!"

The seated figure then gazes up past the vampire and looks towards Vildayvin and his companions.  Following the figure's gaze the vampire discovers their arrival.

"What? An infiltration force! Get them!"

The three abominations begin to shamble towards the companions followed by the vampire when suddenly swarms of rats come scurrying from other tunnels and devour the dark being in the blink of an eye.  Vildayvin advances on the approaching abominations, his shield set in front of him and his Blade of Woe at the ready, placing himself directly between the abominations and his compatriots.  An icey mist begins to flow out of the Dulluhan's armor, flowing around him as his armor and shield become coated in a layer of thick magical ice, fortifying him against the blows unleashed by the oncoming abominations.

"Yes...face the might of a Dulluhan!  Your pathetic blows will be in vain!"

The jaw of the Dulluhan's head then seems to almost unhinge as it opens further then it normally could.  An ear-piercing screech emits from within as Vil attempts to ensure the abominations attention is fully on him.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #116 on: September 28, 2013, 11:14:25 AM »
Rau hears the commotion behind him and after giving one final glance to the corridor they came from, he moves into the room. The priest was just in time to see the rats devour their pray mercilessly.

"Yes...face the might of a Dulluhan!  Your pathetic blows will be in vain!"

The Dulluhan prepares to engage the abominations and the priest is ready to assist.

(Holy light Aether) The holy man has used Aether before, he has felt it, he has channeled it and now he would wield it again. This time however, will be different. He will use only Aether. Images flicker into his mind. First a dying star, the priest channeling Aether into it. Next his glowing hands, right before he stamps them into the ghouls back. Lastly he in visions, an image of pure life, burning and illuminating the void around itself. Rau’s palms begin to emit a weak glow and small strands of pure Aether escape from them, only to vanish into thin air a moment later. As Aether continues to gather he focuses on a different image. Fog, a dense fog and a fog that is impenetrable.  Rau makes a step forward and waves his hands back. With a swift motion, his hands launch forward and two balls of pure life are released. They swirl in the air, combine and expand into a wall 7 feet tall and 15 feet wide. The wall of fog makes its way through the party and towards the abominations, leaving strands of Aether in its wake. While sending the wall, Rau focused his intent on harming only the abominations, designating them as his one and only target. While active, it should illuminate the entire room and if the abominations hit the fog with their eyes open, odds are they won’t be able to see until their regenerate their burned eyes.

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #117 on: September 28, 2013, 10:44:46 PM »
The Gorger held for only a moment until his allies initiated in order to create an opening.  He found his patience rewarded, as both the dullahan and the holy man created fitting distractions.  The Gorger moved swiftly...

Vildayvin's screech echoed off the stone in the tight corridors, and Father Rau sent forward a wall of light that pierced the darkness.  The noise was hallowing... they would not hear The Gorger, his feet slamming against the ground as he charged forward.  The light was blinding, the burning white light suddenly flashing toward them in the darkness... they would not see The Gorger as he approached directly behind the wall of white light, and what flash they would see of him... it would be too late.

The Gorger's arms were widespread, and as he closed in on the center-most creature, he made a mighty leap upward, his arms suddenly crossing over with one swift movement.  The mace would meet with the temple of the abomination, and the blade would meet with the opposite side of the neck; the leverage would be enough to tear its head from its shoulders.

The Gorger's grin was wider than it had been in some time... his heart throbbed in his chest as his thoughts traveled to feasting on such a foe.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2013, 10:50:43 AM »
More vampires, this time coupled with three abominations.

But it seems that the vampires are feuding.  And suddenly, one is mouse food.

Sun Wu is crouched and ready, anticipating the approaching abominations.  Vildayvin advances and taunts the abominations as they shamble forward.  Father Rau creates an Aetheric mist clouding their sight.  The Gorger charges forward following the mist, taking advantage of the Dullahan's shrieking and the cover of the thick fog.

As this is all happening, Wu is gathering his Chi.  After Father Rau projects the fog, Wu takes a stance in preparation for a geyser attack.  He is once again utilizing the moulded Chi technique combined with one of his signature abilities.

He pushes his palms forward and they erupt with a thick stream of Chi that carries a faint blue tint.  As the Chi travels it curves around the others.  It is timed such that when the fog rolls over the abominations, the Geyser attack will strike the right most abomination from the side.  If it connects solidly, it will hopefully bowl the abomination over, knocking it into the middle one.  This will give The Gorger an off balance target, all the more easier to strike down.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #119 on: October 09, 2013, 01:57:45 PM »
The abominations are not foes to be trifled with, but they are easily angered. The creatures barreled through the wall of holy light, frames singed and smouldering but still oncoming, charging Vildayvin as one is slammed back by the Oncoming Ghoul missile. Sun Wu's attack staggers its target, but does not topple him as intended, instead resulting in the third abomination lagging behind, leaving, for the moment, Only one abomination contending with Vildayvin and one grappling with the Gorger.

Vildayvin's oncoming Abomination was a three-armed monstrosity, carrying a chain in its right hand, an oversized meat cleaver  in its left, and a smaller third arm on its left shoulder held a vicious looking meathook. Its stomach was torn open, a pair of riblike bones holding back the disgusting innards, its actual ribs bursting through its chest like hungry teeth. It swung its heavy cleaver at Vildayvin's upper torso, its stitched-together arm holding unholy strength beyond even what its considerable size should have entailed. It let out a deep, bellowing howl of "Tear meat!" As it attacked, its one good eye bulging in its socket, the other sewn shut during its creation.

The Abomination The Gorger was dealing with was more Human in nature, though no less monstrous. It was just as tall as the first, that being twice as tall as Vildayvin or the Gorger, but where the first was a bloated mass of stitched-together corpses, almost a mad experiment, this one seemed to be a more intelligent design. It was a hulking, muscled monstrosity, Its sickly green skin thinly stretched over Corded muscles and thick bones. Its spine protruded from its back like a row of spikes, and its clawed hands had protrusions of spikey bone at the elbow. Veins flowing with Black liquid pulsed clearly visible across the creature's naked mass, and its glowing green eyes shone with a deadly intellect that spoke of a born predator. As it was tackled by the Gorger it was caught off balance, toppling to the ground. But as if it were trained in combat, it rolled with the blow and pushed the Gorger off, carrying his momentum to launch his enemy at the far wall. Rolling to a stand and turning to face its new opponent, the abomination stomped its way towards the gorger in a predatory manner, slow, purposeful, glaring at The Gorger from a hooded brow, its razor-sharp fangs set in a scowl as a deep, gutteral growling noise worked its way up from the pit of its stomach. It stalked towards The Gorger like an animal ready for a fight, claws ready at its sides, eyes trained on its target.

The mysterious stranger the group had been extorting seemed to meld into the shadows, vanishing from sight, but still remained in the room, watching the battle, waiting for his moment.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 01:59:23 PM by Shadow Chorus »