Advanced search  

News:

14/12/2021: Important: New rules are in place to prevent stalling of the Epic Board Battle, read them here!  The rules come into force today, so please post if you haven't already!

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 7882  •  Topics: 479  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Guild Wars 2  (Read 2475 times)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Guild Wars 2
« on: February 06, 2013, 02:34:28 PM »
Does anyone here play Guild Wars 2?

I just got a new beefy laptop so I picked up the game.  I haven't played enough of it yet to have an opinion, but I'm having fun with the newb stages so far.

One thing that is a little deflating, all my dang names are already taken.  All except for Sembas, but he doesn't really fit the Norn I made too well.  Oh well, at least he's still a ranger.

I'm just kind of bewildered that Kitharsis is already taken!  All of my girl names are gone too.  I hate spelling them differently to accommodate.  I know, I'm picky.  But dangit if I won't stop playing a character if I don't like their name or hair color  or some other arbitrary thing - take my lvl 55 Hunter in vanilla WoW for example that I ditched b/c his hair was the wrong shade of grey...

Offline Archdemon Stu

• Veteran Sergeant
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »
As much as I'd like to check it out, no matter how awesome it is, MMO's just seem "blah" to me now.  I just can't get into them, no matter how hard they rock.

Kitharsis was taken?!  Did somebody slam their head on a keyboard and it just happened to spell that or... just, wow.  I like the name, just surprised it was taken this early in.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: Guild Wars 2
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2013, 09:24:24 AM »
Yeah, I just kind of shook my head at the screen when it showed up taken.

I blame Soul Reaver and his far too popular Wc3 maps...  ;)

Also, don't get me wrong.  I'm not playing a great deal, mostly on weekends.  I'm also stuck on Minecraft at the moment.  That wheat farm isn't going to grow itself!