Battle Related Forums > Board Battle Archives

The Eye of Terror: The Labyrinthine Depths of Chaos (Part II)

<< < (2/41) > >>

Cameron:
Cameron does what he can to remain passive as the obvious lead ork approaches him. A warboss. Has to be. He almost protests the rest of the orks shooting the humans below, but then thinks better of it. They're probably doing them a favor. As the warboss approaches and speaks, Cameron allows his swords to disappear, though the wrist mounted stormbolters on his armor are still loaded and ready. He sends a mental message to his fellow companions to Stay back. This cigar smoking, pirate hat wearing ork is different from any other ork he's ever seen, and he doesn't know if they'll end up having to attack or not.

"Ork, you must not have any idea where you are. If you did, you'd know that you need our help just as much as we may need yours."

Cameron holds out his hand and a galaxy map appears above it, with a marker pointing out their location.

'Welcome to the Eye of Terror."

Cameron closes his hand and the map disappears.

"I am Cameron Aileron. Chapter Master of the Grey Knights chapter of the Space Marines. Whether or not we're going to have a cease-fire, or "not-shoot" as you called it, will depend on your intentions. If your willing to help us kill Chaos, and can keep your boys from shooting up my allies, then I think we can work together. If not, we might as well have it out right here, where there's space."

Shadow Chorus:
"Da eye o' terror?" The Ork says, scratching his chin in thought. "Been a while since I been in 'ere. Looks different. But den it's dem spikey boyz's home, so it would be. Wonder if Gork n' Mork're still 'round dese parts. Mighta' gone ta watch over Armygeddon."

The Ork looked over at the Space marine and chuckled. "Need yer help? I got outta here once an' I'll do it again. Just need ta find me Krooza. But I can't tellyport dere right now cause o' dem Spikey boyz. So yeah, We'z can do dat. Me boys know better dan ta shoot sometin' I ain't shot yet. Dey'll shoot da spikey boyz 'fore ya."

The Ork turned and shouted at his boyz. "Wurrzod! Oh wait, dat's right, killed him. Hmm. Lemme tink fer a moment." The ork said, raising its cybork arm to the sky. A copper lightning rod extended out of the bulky wrist and began to pulse with green lightning for a moment before dying out.

"Yep. Can't get a fix on me krooza. We'll have ta keep krumpin' spikey boyz till I'z got a better reception." Gulgrim said, resting his rifles on his shoulders. "So den. What'd ya call it? Cease-Fire? Sure. We'll Stomp together fer now. But me an' me boyz get all da shiny bits."

Cameron:
Cameron is never actually sure if you can really trust an ork. But this one hasn't outright attacked him yet. And while he is separated from most of the companions, he could use all the help that he can get.

"Fine. You have a deal. We're not here for shiny bits, so they're all yours."

Cameron turns back to the companions. Karyl is tuning his guitar. Kari is still staring out into the sea of tortured humanity. Kitharsis is still recovering.

"We'll need to stay put for a moment while the rest of my allies recover from their jaunt through the warp."

Daccio:
         The enormous pile of metal collapses in a heap as Sepher finally manages to tear the soul from the defiler and take a steel grip on it with his mind, so as to not allow it control of himself. Sepher leaped from the metal husk, landing heavily on the ground, panting from exertion. Letting a small trickle of energy flow forth, he let wind form into a silver metal bracer, clasping tightly to his arm, as he surveyed the scene.

Suddenly and violently, and earsplitting screech is echoed forth that causes him to nearly cry out in pain as he covers his ears quickly. It does little good and suddenly Sepher felt a violent lurch, as if he were being torn asunder. Sepher throws up every sort of defensive shield to keep the warp energies from reaching out to him as he spiraled dangerously through the darkness

His shields were tore away from him as he was ejected from the warp, material flashing objects  by so quickly he could hardly register it. A sharp pain flared as he smashed into some sort of pew and crashed into the cold stone floor of a building. He was dazed as he lay there on his back, letting himself rest for just a moment, to catch his wind. Kalana’s eyes would have taken in his vitals. They appeared fine, his pulse was a little fast, but just fine.

He raised his head slowly, as he was a bit dizzy, and suddenly saw the symbol depicting the chaos gods. Inside of him all of the souls he had ever absorbed roiled angrily at the sight of the symbol, some trying to flee his mind in fear, some trying to control him, some simply raging angrily. For a moment, Kalana would see Sepher’s vitals spike oddly and suddenly. They were all over the place. Suddenly, they returned to normal once more.

As the deamon souls were brought back in line, sepher finally sat up, looking around. Finally, grumbling under his breath, he spoke.

“I am getting to old for this shit.” Slowly, he pushed himself to his feet, and took in the companions that had arrived with him.  "Everyone alive?" He called out quietly, looking around to who was concious.

(Edited for spelling)

Soul Reaver:
While Blooddrinker tears through their ranks, the death screams of the Chaos sorcerers unconsciously bring an unwholesome smile to Soul Reaver's lips.  Blooddrinker flashes as it spins, its colour deepening to an even darker crimson as it bathes itself in hot viscera.

But even as the blade does its work, words of dark sorcery fall from the the Chaos sorcerers' lips.  Soul Reaver recognizes the intent of the magic, and realizes he is too late to stop it.  The sorcerers were intending to banish him to the Warp!  This sort of thing had happened before, and he would not be caught off-guard again.

As fast as he can in his weakened state, Soul Reaver erects a Warp Shield around himself.  Not a blinking of an eye later, all that is real and solid tears away from beneath his feet, sending him reeling and disoriented into the unpredictable storms of the Warp.

A stream of Warp energy crashes against his shields, threatening to shatter them and hurling him through the eerily shimmering clouds like a leaf caught in a hurricane.  But in an instant the chaos fades, and Soul Reaver is thrown back into reality.  Flying head-over heels, he lands painfully of his back on hard grey stone before sliding to a halt with the sound of grinding Black Steel and amidst rapidly-dissipating wisps of crimson Warp energy.

Disoriented for only a moment, Soul Reaver leaps onto his feet, quickly casting his eyes about for his weapon.  As if on cue, there is a hideous tearing sound, and Blooddrinker rips a hole into reality, hitting the ground with a dull metallic clang and spinning to a stop just a meter way from Soul Reaver's position.

Soul Reaver quickly scoops up the sword.  It has left a trail of blood sprayed across the ground, and the blade is coated with the thick liquid.

Too little and too late, Soul Reaver thinks to himself.

Weapon back in-hand, Soul Reaver surveys his surroundings.  He seems to be standing on a massive stone bridge, spanning over a vast, deep emptiness.  Faintly, Soul Reaver detects the spiritual signature of his ward, Natalya.  She must be unconscious, and seems to be hurt.  Of the others - friend, or foe - there is no sign.

Soul Reaver quickly rushes over to Natalya's immobile form to check the extent of her injuries, and to see if he can assist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version