Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge  (Read 49633 times)

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
Re: Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2013, 09:57:01 PM »
Seth nodded and went off in his own direction. Still working on the rifle in his arms, he went not to the jailhouse, but rather to the top of the wall. Approaching the gate guards, he glanced out across the wasteland before turning his attention to them.

"Do you know anything about the attack? Where the bandits came from, and what they were after?"

He continued to work without even looking at the gun, though at this point he was nearly done. He simply had to fasten the machinery and make sure nothing would come loose.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2014, 01:43:16 PM »
Sebastian watched Seth take his leave. That was good, he preferred to work alone, but even so, for some reason the techanic rubbed him the wrong way. Whatever the case, it did not matter. The jagger was here for a contract not to make friends. He goes on the move and heads towards the convenience store for starters.  He needs to refill his own supplies and while in there he could ask a few questions, before heading to the jail house.

When Sebastian enters the store he takes a quick look around by reflex. The short man goes to the counter and takes another look around.

He orders a new set of rations and when time comes to pay takes out the pouch of bits given to them. Sebastian shakes the pouch a bit, just enough to make the bits in there release a pleasant sound, than proceeds to tossing it lightly in his hand.

“I heard you were attacked by bandits. It is not every day bandits attack a fort. Do you think you know why they did something so foolish? Heard anything?”
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2014, 03:42:19 PM »
The guards gaze at the techanic who approaches them, working on some contraption that appears to be a firearm.  He suddenly speaks up.

"Do you know anything about the attack? Where the bandits came from, and what they were after?"

The men exchange glances, wondering who this man was and why he suddenly showed up inquiring about the recent attack.  One of them pipes up after a few moments.

"They've been attacking the Fort for some time now, but this last one was the worst...they had a mech with them!  No one knows where they are camped out at, can't really spare any men to try and find em.  The Captain managed to injure one of em this last attack, first time we've managed to actually get a prisoner to interrogate...maybe the scum will tell us something good."

********************************************************************************
The shopkeeper looks up as the masked man enters his store.   He orders some rations and after pulling out a pouch of bits to pay for it begins to talk to the shop keeper.

“I heard you were attacked by bandits. It is not every day bandits attack a fort. Do you think you know why they did something so foolish? Heard anything?”

The clerk suddenly stop counting the bits the stranger provided as payment and chuckles.

"You're not from around here are ya?  Those damn bandits attack the fort and any caravans more and more frequently....though this is the first time they have had tech like a mech with them.  Dunno if they managed to pillage it from a caravan or what but it definetely managed to do some damage before the guard knocked it out of commission.  As for why they would do it....how should I know?  They are bandits, they do and take whatever they want! Got one of em locked up in the jail, Zav managed to wing him as they were attempting to run away.  They oughta string him up if ya ask me." 

The clerk slides a bag containing the rations across the counter to Sebastian.

"Anything else I can get fer ya?"

The door of Davin's Bar swings open as Vildayvin enters.  He glances around until he sees Zav sitting at a table, just finishing a game of Six Shoot, apparently beating out the competition for the rest of their bits.  The two men grumble a bit and head out of the bar leaving Zav alone, a pint of cold beer next to him.  Vildayvin sits down at the table, extending a hand to Zav who promptly shakes it.

"How ya doin Zav?  Its been a while since I've seen ya last."

Zav: "Not too bad...trying to help keep the peace and fight off the persistent bandit attacks.  What brings you here though I wonder."

Vildayvin motions to the bartender for a drink.  Once it arrives he leans in closer to Zav, lowering his voice.

"Well lets just say I'm on a mission for a friend to get something back from some bandits...the same bandits responsible for the most recent attack on the Fort I am beginning to suspect.  Richter's given me the ok to speak with the man you detained after the attack, see what he knows."

Zav:  Oh really?  What did they take from your friend?

"A box, thats all I can say."

Zav raises an eyebrow but doesnt push for any more info.

Zav:  Well I gotta get going, nice seeing ya again Vil.  Be careful if you're going after those bandits...if they have mech's available it could be a death trap.

"Thanks for the tip Zav, I'll keep it in mind."

The two seperate, Zav heading out of the bar, leaving Vildayvin alone at the table sipping on his drink.  At a table nearby a lone woman sits with her back to the Marshal, her jet black hair held back by a bandana, a pair of goggle resting on top of her head.  Unbeknownst to the Marshal she managed to overhear some of the conversation.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2014, 05:57:38 PM »
Enoka sat with her back to the Marshal, picking up the conversation he was having with the another man. So the marshal was looking for something eh? Well, she had no job at the moment, perhaps he could be the one to put more coin in her pocket. Smiling, she downed the remaining whiskey in her glass.

Motioning to the bartender, she held up two fingers and jerked her thumb to the marshal's table. Standing up, she straightened her skirt and checked the knives in her bracers before gliding around to his table. Without a word, she took a seat across from his as two whiskey's were delivered to the table, one to each occupant. She picked hers up and took a sip, looking at him over the top of the glass.

"Marshal" She said, keeping the conversation quiet. "I hear you are looking for something. Well, it just so happens that I am looking for something too" She smiled at him as she put the glass on the table

"I am Enoka Midiga. Perhaps you have heard of me, perhaps not, but i am looking to put some coin in my pocket, and it sounds as if you need a problem solved. That is what i do." She grinned wickedly "Solve problems"

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2014, 10:51:40 AM »
The Marshal glances at the woman as she sits down in front of him, a whiskey being brought for each of them.  He listens as she introduces herself and offers her specialized services, in exchange for bits of course.  Vildayvin stares at the woman from behind the reflective black glass of his goggles for a moment as he thinks to himself.  He reaches over and picks up the whiskey glass and takes a sip before speaking.

"Well Ms Midiga I have in fact heard about you. (Vildayvin leans in closer) I also know what you really are.  Those in your....profession...are known for creating more problems most of the time then they solve.  However...I am a man short for my team, and I'm sure as long as the bits are provided you will do what is needed."

He reaches into a pocket inside his duster and pulls out a small pouch of bits.  He tosses the pouch across the table so it lands right in front of Enoka.   Within she will find 100 bits.

"The rest will be provided upon successful completion of the errand.  You will also be working with a techanic and a jagger, Seth and Sebastian respectively.  They are elsewhere in town.  See what you can find out about the recent bandit attack, there is other business I need to attend to before we move on."

With that the Marshal finishes his whiskey, stands up and tips his hat to the lady and leaves the bar.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2014, 04:06:10 AM »
"Creating problems? Never!" She grins at him. She reaches out to pick up the pouch as it was tossed in front of her. She opens it up to look inside as she listens to what the marshal has to say

"The rest will be provided upon successful completion of the errand.  You will also be working with a techanic and a jagger, Seth and Sebastian respectively.  They are elsewhere in town.  See what you can find out about the recent bandit attack, there is other business I need to attend to before we move on."

She sniffs as she quickly counts 100 bits in the pouch. A bit stiff if you asked her, but he did say that she would be receiving more later upon completion. She sighed softly and snapped the strings of the pouch tight.

"I will report back once this task is complete, i expect payment upon return of completing this errand" She looked at him seriously as he got  up. She smiled as he tipped his hat to her and nodded back. Re-opening the pouch she quickly counted out the price of the drinks before downing the rest of her whiskey. She kept her main purse attached to a small belt under her skirt, it helped keep the bandits away, so she attached the rest of what she had gotten to the outer belt she wore Moving to the bar, she dumped the bits before the barkeep before taking her leave.

Turning to leave the saloon, she listened as she left for any mention of bandits, just to catch rumors. As she got outside though, she would wander the streets in the direction that she suspected they would keep prisoner's here. She wasn't worried about the other two that she was supposed to be going with, if she met up with them, so be it, but they better not get in her way. Listening to the rumors and talk of the town as she walked, she searched out her mark: The captured bandit.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 01:30:37 PM by Sepher »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2014, 10:13:56 AM »
"Hmm...." Seth said, processing their information while completing the final touches of his gun. He surveyed the ground outside the gate for a few minutes more before turning to leave.

"thank you, your information was invaluable." he said, clipping the final bit of metal and inserting it into its proper place. Slinging the finished rifle over his shoulder, he headed back down and into town.

"I still need to test it, but that opportunity should come soon." Seth muttered to himself as he walked the streets, following the signs, and occasionally asking a citizen for directions as he made his way to the Jailhouse.

Pushing the door open when he got there, he entered and looked around for the figure in charge.

"Hello?"

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2014, 03:28:50 PM »
Seth enters the City Hall and steps into a small entry hall with a desk on the other side, usually occupied by the mayor's receptionist but presently vacant.  One can assume they had to step away for some reason or other.  A few wooden chairs sit against the wall near the door for those who are waiting on speaking with the mayor or needing some other administrative assistance.  A door is on either side of the room, one plainly marked with the word MAYOR and the other marked JAIL.  Testing the door it appears it is presently unlocked, a small room with a table and two chairs and a stairway leading down to the cells below.  While no one seems to be around may make it seem like an oppertune time to speak with the bandit, one can safely assume that the law in the town would not appreciate random people sneaking into their jail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As Enoka wanders down the main street of Southridge she manages to catch bits and pieces of conversations.  With the recent attack most involve the increasing bandit raids, as well as talk of what the Marshal (Richter) will do with the captured bandit located in the jail beneath city hall.  Enoka can assume from the talk she hears that the man is not known for treating bandits and lawbreakers in general with compassion and kindness.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2014, 03:48:00 PM »
She walked down the main road of the dusty town listening to snippets of conversation that floated to her. No one seemed to take any notice to her, and that was the way she liked it. She wondered what sort of deal she might be able to work out with Marshal Richter should she come across, but for now, she headed straight to the town hall. She was glad that Richter did not treat bandits kindly. She would do the same, they were a blight on society and she never had many qualms about taking jobs that involved killing them.

Approaching the city hall, she glanced about for anyone who looked like they might cause her grief. There was nothing she liked less than some young fool that was too big for their britches trying to cause her trouble. With on last glance about, she pushed the door open. she steped into the entry hall for the city hall, looking around as she entered, taking in quickly who was there and what they were doing, as well as possible escape routes. It never hurt to be too careful.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2014, 04:13:37 PM »
Having finished his business with the clerk, Sebastian thanks him for the supplies, pays and leaves the establishment with his purchase. Upon leaving the shop he checks out the streets, thinking on what to do next. With little left to do in the city, but dig out information from the bandit, his destination is the city hall that houses the local jail. During the short walk he thinks on what approach he should use, if he is given the opportunity to interrogate the prisoner. A lot of nasty things come to mind, but given the nature of their job he doubts the marshal would approve of any of those methods.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:15:11 PM by Radobe »

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2014, 07:21:06 PM »
Seth saw the open door, but casually strolled through. It wasn't that he didn't care for the law, it was that he had to make sure the prisoner wasn't already being shot in the foot by someone. Probably Sebastian, if anyone. Seth didn't get why anyone thought they could get decent information by beating someone. At some point prisoners will say anything just to make the pain stop. He needed to be down there before anybody started beating on the prisoner.

So he strolled into the room and sat at the table, waiting. Quietly, waiting for anyone with authority to enter.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2014, 11:36:24 PM »
A quick scan revealed no one about. Not the Mayor's receptionist, not a Marshal. Looked like hopefully no complications then.

Enoka saw the door that led to the jail and moved to it. With one last glance around, she opened it and went through.

In the next room, she froze, confronted by a man before her sitting at the table. The woman looked down at the man at the table, and put in a warm smile.

"Well hello there handsome."

She 'unconciously' smoothed her skirt.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2014, 11:47:42 PM »
Seth leaned back, craning his neck until the chair was resting on its back legs and he was looking upside down at her.

"What do you want? You're not wearing the usual attire of a sheriff or deputy, so you're not an officer of the law. You don't look like a government official, and you're clearly not panicked or in a state of injury. Which leaves one of two options. Either you're here to taunt or berate the prisoner below, or Vildayvin has recruited another member to our little party."

He let the chair drop back to its normal resting position and leaned over the table, looking back ahead. "Either way, you'll have to wait here for an officer to arrive. I can't abide going into the jail cells without the permission of the local authorities."

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2014, 12:27:14 AM »
Enoka Frowned and put a finger to the corner of her mouth, as if considering. He was quite rude.

"That's not the way to talk to a lady, good sir."

She put her hands on her hips. So this was one of the others that the Marshal had picked up for this.

"You are seth I presume?" She tilted her head, watching him.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2014, 01:40:10 AM »
Sebastian enters through the main doors of the City hall. He is surprised to see the entry hall empty. Making a few cautious steps he hears voices coming from the location of the jail house. He recognizes one of the voices, the one belonging to Seth. After waiting for the conversation to finish he enters the room quietly.

"Sorry to barge in on your conversation," coming directly behind Enoka, his raspy and muffled voice might startle her. Taking a quick glance around the room, the hunter figures there is no one around besides him, Seth and the woman.

"Good day to you ma'am. It seems you are having a discussion with my colleague here, by all means do continue, I myself will be on my way." As he talks Sebastian moves through the room in the direction of the stairs.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2014, 11:56:15 AM »
"Sebastian." Seth says, looking at the Jagger as he walked past.

"I cannot abide you entering the jail cells without an officer of the law present. I recommend you wait with us until one arrives."

His left hand slowly made its way down to his waist, his eyes still on the Jagger.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2014, 12:47:05 PM »
She did not react as the other came in behind her. In fact, she had heard him coming. She smiles at Sebastian as he comes in to the room.

"So you are Sebastian" She spoke as he made for the door.

"It appears that we 3 are to be working together now, and I am afraid i must agree with Seth here, I will ask you to remain here with us until an officer of the law arrives. If not for the law, for me" She gave him a winning smile. She was fairly certain that wouldn't work completely, but she figured she'd give it a try anyway.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2014, 03:07:50 PM »
Sebastian stops at the top of the stair case, with his back towards his companions.

"Heh, interesting," the Jagger chuckles lightly, as he turns around. "Ma'am," his attention is on their newest partner. "What man in his right mind would say no to you?!" He walks towards the wall opposite the stair case, leaves his supplies on the floor and leans on the wall. "Just one last thing," Sebastian looks at each one of them,Enoka and Seth, for a few seconds. "Seeing how this room and the front desk are empty, before you decided to camp out here, you went and checked that the prisoner was actually in the jail and not somewhere else getting shot, hanged or worse, right?"

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2014, 03:34:44 PM »
"You don't know people, do you, Sebastian? If this prisoner was to be executed, there wouldn't be a quiet, unceremonious hanging. This man was part of an attack on these people. There would be an angry crowd waiting for him to meet his death. And I haven't seen an angry mob in town, have you? He's in his cell down there." Seth said, his hand returning to the table as he lowered his goggles over his eyes.

"And you're not threatening him when we interrogate him."

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2014, 03:50:41 PM »
"I hadn't heard anything going on, and I listened around" She nodded.

"I spoke with the Marshall that hired us not long ago, and he did not mention anything about an execution either. So i believe he is down there" She jerks a thumb to the entrance to the jail door.

She had clasped her hands behind her back and when Sebastian eyed them she gave him a shy smile.

"I think you wouldn't be here if you believed him elsewhere"