Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8042  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge  (Read 52232 times)

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
Re: Westward: Incident at Fort Southridge
« Reply #80 on: March 09, 2014, 06:24:28 PM »
“Heh.” Sebastian lets out a small chuckle, not enough to be consider laughing, but enough to irritate the other two. “Is that what you think? Tell you what, you go ahead and tell the local Marshal we will be taking the only prisoner he has from the bandit attacks. While you are at it you can also tell townsfolk, you know the ones who lost friends and family members in the attacks. Tell them we are taking this guy back to his camp, cause he wants to talk to his dad. Go ahead and do that, it will work like a charm. I bet you will get payed extra!” Even though his voice is low and muffled, the sarcasm in it is sharp and clear. “As for our employers consent, Seth here will have plenty of time to go check in, come back and stop us if need be.”

“Listen now,” the Jagger takes a few moments to compose himself and his next response. “This man is the only lead we have to the whereabouts of the bandits camp. He gets executed in the morning, then we have nothing. If his words are true, then that man is innocent and still confined in a cage. Not to mention that the son of the bandit leader can perhaps have enough pull to get us what we need, without us starting a bloodbath with bandits.” He stops for a few moments letting the atmosphere cool down a bit. “To begin with, Vildayvin will be giving us his answer before we get to the illegal part of the action. We pull this off properly, there wont be any trace of our involvement. This is our best bet at finishing our contract and we do no significant harm to any one in the process, if that doesn’t satisfy you both, I wonder what will?” Sebastian is laying it on a little bit too rough, but he figures that is what it would take to get his partners to bite.
An eye for two, a tooth for a jaw, a hair for a head! Fight to be respected!

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #81 on: March 16, 2014, 11:25:54 PM »
She listens patiently as the jagger blathers on. While she remained calm on the outside, she just wanted to smack him alongside the head. As he finished she took a breath and began back at him in a quiet voice.

"I will NOT perform unecessary illegal actions and jepordize my job and life. I don't care if there would be a trace of our involvement or not. There are ways to get him out without breaking him out."

She sighed softely.

"Talk to him Seth" she looked to seth and motioned to sebastian, before looking to him once more.

"I am not averse to doing what is necessary, but only if it is, I think we can do this without breaking the law"

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
  • The Rampaging Chorus of Shadow
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2014, 01:42:34 PM »
"I don't think there's much chance of talking him out of it." Seth says, glancing to Enoka before returning  his gaze to Sebastian. "But his plan requires our cooperation, which I don't plan to give. He can run out and get himself killed for all I care, I'm going to do this properly."

His hands have gone from resting casually on the backs of his pistols to lightly tapping on the workmanship. In the case of a necessary quick draw, Seth does not appear to be unprepared, waiting for a sign of Sebastian reaching for a weapon to threaten them.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2014, 09:46:39 AM »
“It would appear... that we disagree. This is truly disappointing, I honestly expected more.” Even though obscured by his mask, Enoka would be able to feel Sebastian’s penetrating glance. Right know he was angry, but not angry enough to lose his composer. He could not understand why his companions shun the idea, as he explained it held very little risk and gave a very good reward. There was nothing he could do in this situation. He could curse them good and proper, lay it on them nice and thick, but what of it? Nothing will change, in fact it would make it even harder to enlist their assistance down the road. So he grind's his teeth and keeps his mouth shut. “I do not like admitting it, but executing my scheme, would become quite messy without assistance.” There is a few seconds pause where everyone just stands still. “Well then, I guess it is now up to you to see to our acquaintance’s safety. I will take my leave from you know. I doubt you will need any of my assistance.” With that said, if there is nothing they want to add to the conversation, the Jagger will simply go to the bar.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2014, 11:34:47 AM »
Enoka would meet sebastian's heated glared with an icy one of her own. While she could tell he was angry, her own glare held no anger: only calm, confident, relaxed. She watched him turn and walk off. She nearly sighed out loud. She turned to Seth.

"He seems like a reckless man. Can we trust someone like him?" She shook her head.

"We've got to find Devaron again, perhaps the mayors secretary will know where he is." She moved to the door of the building.

She looked around upon re-entering, and spotting the secretary of the mayor, she stepped forward. One such as this woman might know a lot of goings on.

"Pardon me, do you happen to know where Marshal Devaron is?" She questioned
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 08:43:16 PM by Sepher »

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2014, 05:46:23 PM »
The secretary looks up as the door to the Jail area opens up 2 men and a woman come walking out and head outside.  After a short bit, the woman comes back in and walks over to the desk.

"Pardon me, do you happen to know where Marshal Devaron is?"

She had been briefed slightly on the visitors the prisoner below was going to have and judging from where the woman came from one could safely assume as to why she was needing the Marshal.

"Yes one moment please (she gestures to one of the chairs against the wall) Please have a seat."

She walks over to the Mayor's door and knocks twice.  From within an "Enter" can be heard and she opens the door and enters the room then closes it behind her.
=============================================
"Pardon me but you are being requested in the entry hall Mr. Devaron, I believe it is one of your companions and in regards to the prisoner."

Vildayvin looks at the woman and then back towards the Overseer and the other Marshal.

"Excuse me gentlemen, I will be back shortly."

(Overseer Klyne) "Let us know if they managed to get anything out of the man."

He nods and gets up and walks out of the room
==============================================
Vildayvin walks out and sees Enoka waiting for him.  Without a word he motions to the door leading to the outside, not wanting to have the pending conversation overheard by the secretary or the guard.  Once outside he notices Seth waiting a short distance away from the door but no sign of Sebastian.

"We appear to be missing someone...no matter, did you learn anything of value from the man?  Apparently he has been quite tight-lipped to everyone else."
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #86 on: April 14, 2014, 08:46:22 PM »
"There's been a change of heart in this tribe's leader, apparently." Seth said, leaning on the wall of the building. He looked up at the sky and began to recount the conversation.

"That man is the tribe leader's son, and according to him they used to be relatively peaceful. Wild, outcast, but nowhere near bloodthirsty enough to attack a town, let alone a fort. Apparently something, or someone, turned the bigshot's ear and made him think that violence would get them further in life. In fact the son was supposedly out to go and confront his father before he took the bullet that put him in here."

He stood up and turned to face Vildayvin. "I don't care how much of that you believe, but if you believe any of it you know I can't just kill everyone in there. I need to find out what caused this."

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #87 on: April 14, 2014, 11:35:50 PM »
"I'm with seth." Enoka said, backing him up, her voice ringing in a soft, pleasing tone.

"While I am willing to take out any number of these people, I would rather not do so if the man is telling the truth. I do not want the blood on my hands if it is not necessary" And not paid for, she thought to herself.

"I think there is potential in seeking out this lead." She nodded to the Marshal and waited for his response to them.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2014, 08:43:20 PM »
The Marshal stands in silence as the two recount the information they managed to learn, his right hand resting on his one revolver, a finger tapping on the handle as he ponders what he has just been told.

"Wait here..."

Vildayvin then heads back into the building, lowering his goggles as he enters.  He heads straight past the first guard and into the jail.  He stops at the second guard and extends his hand.

"Keys....now."

The guard looks at the Marshal with hesitation, but then buckles under the piercing gaze of the man steel grey eyes glaring at him and hands the keys to him.  With only a "No one else enters" Vil heads into the cells, Jerrick looking up as the man opens the jail cell and suddenly rushes in, lifting up the prisoner and slamming him against the wall.

(Vil) "We may be short on time here so I am going to put this simply and to the point.  My companions informed me of everything you told them.  Tell me right here, looking me in the eyes, and tell me if its true or not...are you really the tribe leaders son, and at odds with your father about his current violent approach to matters?!?"

Jerrick looks directly into the Marshal's eyes, not even a hint of doubt in his face.

(Jerrick) "Yes...its true.  He has changed in the past months and seems intent on turning my people into the same bloodthirsty...creatures people tend to assosciate ferals as!"

The Marshal releases the man and steps back.

"Thats all I needed to hear."

He exits the cell, locking the door and leaves the cell area, tossing the keys back to the guard as he hurries up and to the mayor's office, opening the door and entering, disregarding the attempts of the secretary to stop him.

=======A few minutes later=====
The Marshal exits the room, the secretary looking up, wondering what all the shouting and hollering could be about.  The Marshal heads back towards the jail area as a shout for the secretary and the two guards comes from within the mayors office.  The three rush into the office, the secretary leaving a moment later and exiting the building, a look of shock on her face as she hurries off towards a building a little distance away from the town hall.  The guards leave a moment later and both exit the building taking up positions on either side of the entry door.  Suddenly a shot rings out from below the hall.  A few moments later the secretary returns with a man riding a horse and cart.  The man hands a large canvas bag (approximately the size to accomodate a body)  to the secretary who takes it over to Seth and Enoka.

(Secretary) "Im told you are to take this down to the jail cell, Marshal Devaron will require your assistance handling the body."

=============Once the two enter the jail area===========
Upon entering the jail area, one can see the cell for Jerrick is open, Vildayvin standing over an unmoving body, his pistol still in his hand.  Glancing back as the two enter Vildayvin puts the pistol away and moves away from the cell door.  Before anyone can ask anything he raises a hand.

"Fear not...he is not dead....just unconscious.  Will probably wake up with a slight headache (he pats the handle of his one gun).  We do not have a lot of time, open that and help me move him into it."

Once Jerrick is loaded into the bag, it is moved upstairs and out to the cart and placed on it.  Vildayvin turns to Seth and Enoka.

"I need one of you to find our missing friend.  If you do, meet us at the undertaker's office post haste.  If all goes as I hope we will be on the road soon."

With that Vildayvin hops on the other side of the front bench of the cart next to the undertaker and the cart departs the town hall, the guards turning and heading back inside.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2014, 12:52:05 AM »
"Miss, could you go fetch Sebastian? If we're about to get moving, I need to procure my transport."

Seth says, turning and heading towards the town gates. Not waiting for a response, he makes his way out of town to the rocky hiding spot where he stashed his bike. Removing the rock-colored tarp hiding its position, he proceeds to fashion a quick gun rack to holster his new rifle on before checking that his two pistols were fully loaded, and that he had plenty of ammunition on him. Checking the pressure gauges on his bracers told him they wouldn't need new water for some time, so he took a seat on his bike and waited. Pulling his goggles down over his eyes,  he pulled the key from his neck and put it in the ignition, his hand resting on it while he waited for the signal to move.

"Hurry up you three. Time's wasting." he muttered to the air.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #90 on: April 22, 2014, 01:47:46 AM »
As the shot rang out from within the jail cell, she would pinch the bridge of her nose. What was the marshal doing? She hoped that he had just fired a warning shot at the prisoner, but had a bad feeling. He looked to be a man that would not hesitate to shoot if angry. As they were handed a cloth bag to take to the Marshal, her eyes narrowed. Was she reduced to an errand girl now? Whatever, she would give the marshal piece of her mind.

Upon entering the jail, her mouth opened to speak but she then noticed a lack of blood. Looking to the captive she noted there was no bullet wound despite the man being unconcious upon the floor. She looked questioningly to the marshal and he spoke.

"Fear not...he is not dead....just unconscious.  Will probably wake up with a slight headache.  We do not have a lot of time, open that and help me move him into it."

'You ask a lady to do your heavy lifting?" She grumbles, bending to help but lets the men do most of the work.

As they were outside, he requested that one of them get sebastian and meet them at the undertakers office.

"Miss, could you go fetch Sebastian? If we're about to get moving, I need to procure my transport." Seth spoke

She opened her mouth to speak but it clicked shut in frustration. She shook her head and turned, stalking away kicking at her skirts. She would be an errand girl today it seemed. No worries, she had put up with worse, she would make do for today. She decided to head to the bar, to see if they had seen Sebastian. She entered, and would look about for the barkeep and keep her eyes open for sebastian should he be here.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #91 on: April 23, 2014, 05:49:08 AM »
Sebastian had just finished refilling his cylindrical container and arranging his supplies. He was not in a hard to spot position and his distinctive attire made it even easier for Enoka to find him.  He sees her as well and approaches her. Seeing as he left things in the hands of his companions, he was interested to know how it all went down. 

“Ha! I thought for sure it would be Seth barging in here and try and threaten me into doing something,” the raspy voice from behind the mask is rather creepy when it tries to sound funny. “So?” Sebastian pulls a nearby chair a little bit closer, sits on it and puts his feet on the table. “How did things go down your way? I am all ears.”

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #92 on: April 23, 2014, 09:33:09 AM »
She put her hands on her hips and pursed her lips as he propped his feet up on the table. Well that's a bit rude, she thought to herself.

Shaking her head, She spoke up quietly. "I will need you to come with me. We are going to the undertakers office. The Marshal got a bit... overzealous when he went to question the prisoner again. I think things are going to be okay though, you're just going to have to trust me on this. We have what we need"

She looked him straight in the masked face, emphasizing the last sentence.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2014, 01:25:22 AM »
"Of course we do. After all I did leave everything in your and Seth's capable hands! What could possibly have gone wrong?" Though it sounds like obvious sarcasm, the voice behind the mask doesn't betray it's intentions and should leave you offended, but still guessing whether that was what he mean to achieve. "Well than by all means lead the way. Lets no waste any more time, right?" Sebastian quickly gets his things and moves out of the bar as if waiting all this time for this to happen.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
Departure from Southridge at last!
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2014, 01:45:35 PM »
======Insert Enoka's reaction to Sebastian's comment here ==============

The two make their way to the undertaker's office, eventually finding it, a small wooden building, planks of wood next to it, no doubt intended for the creation of coffins to house the deceased. 4 horses are tethered up outside. They enter the building to the main room, within they see two smaller rooms in the back, probably where the bodies are prepared for their final rest.  As the door closes Vildayvin steps out of the one backroom, his hand resting on one of his guns until he sees that its Enoka and Sebastian.

"Good, I see you found him m'lady.  Now to determine the.....next part of the plan."

Vildayvin stops about mid-sentence as an idea comes to mind and he turns back towards Sebastian.

"Mr. Crombel....this may sound strange but I need your clothes...well your mask and coat if you are able to part with them.  I believe a little disguising might make our departure a little less eventful."

==============Insert Sebastians response here=================

After getting the articles of gear from the jagger Vildayvin turns and heads back into the room he recently exited from.  On the table lies Jerrick, who appears to finally be waking up from the blow to the head from the butt of one of Vildayvin's cannons.  He looks around to see the undertaker and Vildayvin standing around him.  Panicking he goes to sit up when the Marshal steps forward to help the man off the table.

"You can relax....believe it or not we are getting you out of here.  Through some....negotiations I have had, a temporary "reprieve" has been granted to you on a few requirements.  First and foremost, you get out of Southridge without revealing anything to the townsfolk, second...you prove that your story is true and accurate, and third you bring an end to all hostilities against Southridge and aid in bringing those responsible for the recent attack to the justice of Marshal Richter and the people of Southridge.  Naturally you can choose to turn down the offer but I would not recommend it (He pats the butt of his one gun) and of course any sign that you intend to betray me or my companions a similar fate will await you."

The man looks around, a slight look of surprise on his face at the sudden turn of events, and thinking about his options.

(Jerrick) "Well quite frankly I don't have much of a choice....I decline and I get strung up and the attacks continue until my clan destroys itself.  Therefore I accept, now how do YOU plan to get me out of here without anyone being the wiser? (he glances at the undertaker).

"Fear not, Mr. Tobin here won't say a word, he might be in the business of death but he isnt too fond of having to bury so many townsfolk at once, so if you are able to remedy that, he doesnt know anything.  As for the bigger picture......"

He tosses the Jagger's coat and mask/helmet (as well as a plain shirt)  to the feral.

"The captured feral has died after attempting to attack one the Marshal's interrogating him.  His, and the rest of the bodies of the attackers will be buried without ceremony or markers at an undisclosed time and location so as not to give them any sort of regard or acknowledgement of their passing.  Our group has gained the skills of two mercenaries recently (referring to Enoka and the "revealed" Sebastian since no one has ever seen him without the gear).  You for the time being will be a silent version of Mr. Crombel until we are safely out of sight of the fort.  You will then guide myself and my companions to your clan's settlement and we will see just how truthful you have really been."

The feral (now clothed in Sebastian's gear) nods at the Marshal.

(Jerrick) "I can get us there....though I doubt my father or any of his men will be....accommodating to any of us.  I suspect they consider me dead...and quite possibly are not very disappointed by that news."

The Marshal grins slightly at this news.

"Well, I am kind of expecting such a thing to occur.  Well I think it is high time we get on the move, Im sure Mr. Ravenhall is getting anxious waiting for us near his mode of travel, so with that being said. (He tips his hat towards the undertaker) I bid you farewell and thanks Mr. Tobin.  Let us be on our way."

He heads outside and mount up on one of the horses.   Once everyone is mounted up the group heads towards the gates, no one really paying them any mind though Marshal Richter can be seen as they near the gates.  A scowl is on his face though he remains silent as the group passes by and exits the fort.  Eventually the group reaches Seth.  The Marshal nods at the Technic as he rides up to the bike.

"We make for their camp.  Once we are a little farther from the Fort we will be making a short stop to....remedy some outfit changes made as Im sure Mr. Crombell would like his equipment back before we get too far into the wastes."

Once Seth has his bike started the group moves on.  Shortly after the fort completely disappears from view after they go down a hill Vildayvin signals for  the group to stop.

"I believe we should be safely away from the fort at this point, Jerrick if you would be so kind as to return Mr. Crombel's stuff to him and then we can move on.  The disguised feral nods and pulls off the helmet, mask, and coat as he hands each item to the Jagger.  He then rides up so that he is next to the Marshal.  The party then continues onward as they make their way (guided by Jerrick) to the feral's camp.  After a few hours travel, the sun slowly starting to dip closer to the horizon the group reaches a an area with hills on either side, covered in rocks.  Suddenly a man, clothed in a black trenchcoat and wearing a black bowler hat appears at the top of one of the hills, raising a rifle as he shouts down to the group, followed by a shot that wizzes dangerously close to Jerricks head before burying itself into the ground.

"Greetings Marshal!"

As he dives down behind a nearby rock the group can hear him shout out.

"Get 'em boys!"

Gunshots ring out across the hills as the group is fired upon.  It would seem they are facing about 7 men (bandits.....ferals?) and the man who fired the first shot who appears to probably be the one in charge.  Jerrick urges his horse forward, grabbing the reins of the other mounts and guiding them all backwards a short distance away from the battle as the rest of the group makes for cover.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 05:26:22 PM by Jharm »

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2014, 03:14:46 PM »
Enoka would have led them to the undertakers where they all would have prepared to leave with the Marshal. She did not voice her thoughts on the plan, but she thought it seemed rather reasonable. As they left and traveled for hours, Enoka could only feel that her fortune was increasing as the sun moved towards the horizon. She worked better in darkness, so this would be favorable to her.

As a shot range out near her companions head and a man with a trenchcoat and bowler revealed himself, she immediately swung down from the horse, keeping it between her and the gunman. She grinned, ready to get into combat. She called to her companions.

"I am going up there, don't shoot me please"

Not waiting for any sort of answer, she disappeared as her horse was led off. Running in a low crouch, her boots making no sounds on the ground, she leapt over a rock and laid flat against it. Stalking was hard in a dress, but she was an expert at this. Drawing a combat knife into each hand she started making small dashes from rock to rock. She tried to get a glance at the men ahead of her and pick out those who had the best chance to hit them from distance.

She quickly came up around beside two men with guns, knelt down behind a rock taking aim at her companions. Moving up behind them, she first took the one on the left. With a sharp stab, she jammed the knife into the soft of his back, her strong arms forcing the blade up to the hilt in his body, Piercing his kidney. Such a painful blow this was, his face contorted and his throat clenched. He threw his head back in a silent scream and at this moment Enoka brought her other blade around the front to slice his throat all the way to the spine. He fell backwards with a gurgle.

His companion looked to the side and his eyes widened as he saw a grinning woman with bloody knives in her fists. He brought his gun up, but enoka was there before he could pull the trigger. She backhanded his gun, just as he tried to shoot and his shot veered wildly to the side. There was a sharp gasp as Enoka plunged her knife into the mans stomach with her left hand and jerked it up to his sternum, spilling his innards at her feet.

Such soft things, bodies. She thought to herself. So frail. So weak.

She turned her attentian to the man with the bowler, who appeared to be leading this group. Her eyes narrowed and she flipped a knife around, grabbing it by the tip. She pulled her arm back and with her substantial strength and accuracy, let it fly towards the man, in hopes of taking him in the neck.

Offline Shadow Chorus

• Warboss
  • Captain
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2014, 01:27:48 PM »
With a loud roar of the engines, Seth gunned his bike and it bolted forward, its speed throwing off the aim of his attackers as he bolted past them before spinning round. Aside from the two dying to Enoka, the remaining five had two options. Turn and face Seth, opening their backs to the rest of the party, or continue their assault on the main group and risk his attack from behind. He intended not to give them the time to choose. He punched the engines, and the steel horse made an angry roar as it charged back towards the group of enemies. Two of them had turned to face him, preparing to open fire, but Seth had a better idea. He pulled back on the handle-bars with all his strength, forcing the bike onto its back wheel as it struck a large rock jutting from the ground, sending the bike airborne.

Time slowed down to Seth as his brain worked in overdrive, guiding his muscles and taking in the area around him. As his right hand grabbed his pistol, his main hand still holding the handlebars, he looked down at the two bandits below. As a techanic and, to some, a technological genius, it was not hard for Seth to envision the paths and trajectories of the bullets in his mind's eye, small imaginary red lines appearing in his mental view as he lined up his gun, compensating for the motion of his body and the angle of the shot. What happened in the span of seconds felt like minutes to the Techanic, as four shots rang out and two bodies hit the dirt. His aim was still off. He'd missed twice, requiring four shots. But the job was done, and he could work on improving his aim later.

Time returned to normal speed as his bike hit the ground again, wheels kicking up dust as they caught traction with the dirt, spinning up a cloud before he bolted back to the main party and spun round again, holstering his pistol and retrieving the rifle on the side of the bike in one swift motion. Leveling the rail rifle on the handlebars, he took a moment to steady his aim, using his right arm to hold the rifle still on the handlebars while his left held the trigger. With a double-tap, both barrels opened wide, and with a sound like a train's whistle, a pair of railroad spikes made their way towards the man in the Bowler hat.

Offline Radobe

• Marine Sergeant
  • Make games, not love!
« Reply #97 on: May 20, 2014, 02:03:08 PM »
"Mr. Crombel....this may sound strange but I need your clothes...well your mask and coat if you are able to part with them....”

“Well my attempt of freeing Jerrick would have involved utilizing my anonymity to get him out, so I’m game.” The Jagger removes his helmet and everyone can see short blond hair showing up underneath. “Just so you know,” he continues ominously “what you see here stays between you and me,” the muffled and raspy voice changes to a pitched, almost childish voice as the mask comes off. “Not that anyone is going to believe you any way!” Every one present sees who Sebastian really is, a blonde young girl, barely in her teens, with deep blue eyes. With one swift motion her coat is hanging on her finger and she is shoving it in the marshal's hands. She looks at her shotgun hanging from the one point sling and mumbles something about it standing out too much, than lets it be.

Eventually the marshal comes back with Jerrick and his new attire and after a rather uneventful stroll through the city, the party reunites with the technician at the outskirts of the fort. Soon after the Jagger reclaims her gear and for a time it seems they made a clean get away, but only a few hours later they come under attack by an unknown group.

Enoka and Seth are quick to dispose of four of the attackers and send the battle field in chaos.

The Jagger however, is not quick to act, instead she stands near the marshal and the prisoner and looks at the situation. It doesn’t take long to see another two attackers who try to attack Enoka and Seth from behind. A quick spur in the horse’s ribs gets it running at its top speed towards the assailants. Moments before she is under the little hill they are upon, she grabs the saddle and raises herself to a crouch, legs poised on the horse’s ass. In the instant she lets go of the saddle and stands halfway up, her legs make a few quick steps and a quick jump propels her from the horse’s head. This sends her well above and behind the two attackers. They are fast enough to notice the enemy appearing near them, but not fast enough to respond. The moment the Jaggers legs reach solid ground, her left hand has already lifted up the trench coat and moved it out of the way, while her other arm was squeezing the trigger. The men fall on the ground, faces and chests splattered around the nearby scenery.

“Hey! Catch the last one alive!” The jagger shouts, as he walks towards the last man. Reloading the shotgun, which is no longer on the sling and getting ready to rush in or dodge depending on the situation.

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2014, 09:38:41 PM »
Vildayvin watches as his companions cut down most of the bandits without breaking a sweat, leaving only Bowler Man and one bandit left standing.  The lone bandit begins to take aim on the woman who just gutted his two buddies but suddenly a loud boom echoes through the area as his head explodes into a mist of blood and bits of skull.  A faint whisp of smoke escapes from the barrel of one of Vildayvin's hand cannons just as Enoka releases her dagger and a loud train whistling tears through the area as Seth tests out his newest invention.  The whistle catches the attention of Bowler Man, distracting him from noticing the razor sharp blade spinning through the air until it's too late.  The blade catches him in the side of the neck, just barely missing the major veins but in the end it is a moot point as the blade completely shatters his concentration and the two rail spikes catch him in the gut, launching the man backwards onto the ground.

The Marshal holsters his gun and walks over to the mortally wounded man.  He watches as the bandit grasps at the blade stuck in his neck, blood flowing freely from the wound, as well as the two spikes buried in his stomach.  The gunman's hand hangs near his gun for a moment as he decides whether to simply put the man out of his misery or not, but then he turns back towards Jerrick.

"See if you can get any info from the bastard before he expires."

Vildayvin reaches the recently released man and grabs him by the shirt, pulling him close to his face.

"Ok, I'm not going to mince words here.  Is there something you aren't telling me?!?  These bastards were ready for us, and they sure as hell don't look like ferals to me.  You level with me now or else..."

The feral raises his hands in the air, as if gesturing that he has no idea.

"Look Marshal, first off I've been in jail for however many days now....and away from the main camp for even longer.  My father wasn't exactly keeping him in his closest circle before I left, but I can say I have never seen these men before.  Besides, it's not like I could have had anything to do with this?  How would I have told anyone we were coming?"

Vildayvin pauses as he thinks about what the man has said.  Releasing the feral he climbs back onto his horse and moves up a bit as he waits for his companions to finish speaking with the dying man and possibly searching any of the corpses, his right hand resting on his revolver, his fingers drumming on the handle as he thinks to himself.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #99 on: May 28, 2014, 12:22:16 AM »
She stands as the last is dispatched and gives a thumbs up to the marshal, a wry grin on her face. She walks over to downed man, the poor wretch with some nasty gut wounds and a blade sticking from his neck. She tsked and turned to Seth.

"Your fancy invention caused him to spook, otherwise he'd be dead. I don't whether to thank you for sparing him for information, or curse you for causing a missed kill."

She laughed then, a hearty laugh. She didn't apparently care too much. Kneeling down next to the bleeding man, she wiped her one blade off on a less dirty patch of his clothing to remove the blood, then moved her hand to hover over the knife in his neck. She thought for a second and pulled her hand back a bit.

"You know, as soon as I pull this out, you are going to lose a lot of blood. If you have anything to tell myself or my companions, please do" She smiled, her elbows on her knees as she crouched next to the man.

"What can we expect ahead?"
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 07:32:38 AM by Sepher »