Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Westward - The Seasons  (Read 3212 times)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
Westward - The Seasons
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:14:44 PM »
Westward is a msssive planet that defies the basic Human understanding of size and mass as it possesses a very similar gravitational pull to Earth.  The planet is slightly larger then Jupiter with a solar day of around 60 hours.  Westward has two stars; one that lies at the center of its solar system, a white dwarf, and another that orbits the central star, similar to Earth's sun.  The two suns account for the longer days on Westward.

Diurnal Cycle:
Westward orbits its central star once every five hundred days.  A human ages about three and a half Earth years per "Westward year" or has a birthday every 147 days.  The thirds of the year are referred to by season: Winter, Summer, and Autumn where Spring lasts for less then two weeks.  Every season has 21 weeks, a week being 7 days (Sunday through Saturay.  Every month is 2 weeks long except the last which is 3 weeks.  The 10 months are (listed by season) Janus, Bruer, Marck, April, Wuyueh, June, Iyul, August, October, and November (the 3 week month).

Average Temp:
The average temp on Westward fluctuates on the area and season.  The lowest temps are generally found in the Caves area (ranging from -56 deg to 9 deg) and Yewanrey (ranging from 8 deg to 51 deg)

Rain fall  ranges from about 4.6cm in Yewanrey to 22.1cm around Fort Gowchain (annual amounts).

NOTE:  The above listed measurements are in celsius and centimeters taken from the book.  Utilizing a converter means about -68 deg F minimum and 123 deg F max and about 1 in min rainfall and 8 in max rainfall.  Outside of this post if I give any sort of temps or anything I am more then likely going to be going off fahrenheit/inches/feet since that is the measurement system I am most familiar with (USA).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:29:05 PM by Jharm »
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.