Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: EQ2  (Read 24922 times)

Offline Tamrissa

• Primarch
EQ2
« on: April 11, 2010, 12:06:39 PM »
Kith asked for server information on EQ2.  Just moving the conversation down here.

Server: Nektulos
Home City: Kelethin (I don't recommend this one if you get frustrated easily when trying to find something  :P)
Race:  Halfling
Alignment:  Good
Name: Heleane

« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 12:10:58 PM by Aracela »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: EQ2
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 06:04:02 PM »
Awesome.  I'm going through the trial right now and I have to say I really like it so far.  Dirge is the most fun so far.  I started a Fury on Nektulos just now.

Azloe is his name.

Offline Tamrissa

• Primarch
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 06:19:46 PM »
I added you to the friends list.  They limit how much interaction trials can have with other players, so I can't mail you or trade anything nice.  However, if you give someone trustee access to your house they can place furniture...they can also take furniture, so gotta be careful about that.  Anyway, my halfling is a carpenter and can make furniture if you want anything perty for your house.  Like I said above, she'd just need trustee access and the ability to be in the city you live in (good characters can't visit evil cities).

I wish WoW had houses and guild halls.   I'm such a girl....I like decorating them.   :-[

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 03:22:10 AM »
Im sure one of these day's they'll put it in...its one of the biggest requests from the fan base.  Downloading EQ2 trial right now (no one can say any argument I have in regards to WoW is one sided...i give just about any MMO out there a shot at least) and hell, used to be a big fan of EQ1 (then promptly dropped it when WoW was announced lol)

edit: K look for Skitzophrenikk (froglok) or probably Jharm/Jham/Dalthek if they arent takin cause im sure ill be making a dwarf also lol
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 03:52:27 AM by Jharm »
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 08:57:50 AM »
Well, I started a Dirge on Crushbone server before I knew what server you were on.  I've put a few days time into the character and I've grown terribly attached to it. 

The decision I have to make now is whether or not I'll start him over on Nektulos, or drop $25 and move him...  I know, a character move would just be silly, but I don't know if I could delete him...  Stupid attachment to pixels.

Azloe has gone the way of deleted alts.  Druids just don't do it for me I guess. 

I wanted a healer, so I created a Mystic on Nektulos and started him in Queynos.  Much different than Kelethin!  His name is Sembas.  The tutorial island is pretty spiffy, although the loot isn't as good as in Kelethin  :-\  If I stick with Sembas (and it seems like I will, unless I end up creating a Bruiser and liking him more) I'll probably turn up the AA slider and finish queynos then run over to Kelethin and do the quests there.  I'm planning on doing the opposite with Dromgold (the Dirge) and running over to Queynos once I'm done with Kelethin.

I've deleted so many failed characters so far its no even funny.  I haven't even begun to get tired of Dromgold yet, so I think he'll be my main one way or another.

Offline Tamrissa

• Primarch
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 10:30:42 PM »
Right now, I'm attached to Heleane, but I'm rather lonely when it comes to fellow players.  If you both choose another server or an area I can't access easily with my halfling, I'll switch.  I prefer to have people I can share items and info with.  Lots of guilds available, but locals and friends understand schedules better than others. 

Let me know if you both are going to stick with the game past trial.  I'll create characters wherever you are.

The game is 15.00 a month without downloading anything further than the trial.  The only thing you won't have is the most current expansion and any specials they offer with buying the full game.  I've done fine without it up to level 37.   

Still thinking about going back to WoW too.  All depends.  Not really wanting to buy a 50 dollar expansion just so I'm not bored. 

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 10:43:53 PM »
well ill be honest...i've tried other MMO's before (Warhammer an Aion) and both times came back to WoW.  I might look at giving EQ a shot though cause the little i've played so far has been fun i gotta say.  I hear ya on wanting to be on a server with friends so atm I see no reason to leave Nektulos.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2010, 03:51:53 AM »
I've really been kinda out of the whole MMO thing for a while. The only MMO I was playing with any real sort of regularity was Lord of the Rings Online. I enjoyed the hell out of that game, and I still have an account, but probably going to deactivate it soon since Faidth and I have pretty much stopped playing. I just don't have the kind of time to sink into MMOs anymore, and there have been too many good games out for the 360 lately that have kept me entertained during the free time I do have. I play games often inbetween calls at work (one of the boons of working at home) but if I'm playing something while I'm working then I need to be able to pause it. And you can't really do that with MMOs, so I can't play them during what is quickly becoming my main gaming time.

Still say a good D&D or Exalted game beats MMOs any day.  ;)

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2010, 04:59:16 AM »
well that goes without question Clutch....but in some peoples cases they dont really have access to such things in their current location :)

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2010, 05:02:01 AM »
Well, all the more reason for you to get your ass home, man.  :P

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 09:23:02 AM »
My alt-itis is kicking in something fierce right now.  Bruiser on Nektulos, Sylvanni.

I know it might be silly, but I'll probably be running 3 characters if I end up subscribing.  Bruiser, Mystic and Dirge.  Each time I start a new class I like what they can do... except the fury ::)  I haven't created any mages because psh, squishies...

I'm sure once I get higher levels I'll start to lean towards one more than the other...  Actually no, historically I stay at low levels and puts around with many, many alts...  >:(  I'm getting better though, I swear!

I don't think I could be persuaded to get back into WoW.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »
What's EQ2?
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2010, 01:12:22 AM »
Everquest 2, one of the big name MMO's currently out there

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2010, 01:38:55 AM »
I've heard that original EQ still has more users then EQ2. Is this true?

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2010, 08:47:55 AM »
Hard to say.  I know when I got back into EQ last fall there were a good amount of people still playing.  The game changed a lot since I last touched it.  But all the 'old world' zones didn't seem to be touched at all.  It was a weird feeling going from a new zone to good old Butcherblock.

I broke down and subscribed to EQ2 last night.  Finally being able to use the broker is just great.  Hopefully my crap sells.

Final decision on main is Sylvanni.  A Kerra Bruiser.  Lvl 10, 17 AA's  ;D

I'm usually on after 7pm EST most nights.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2010, 01:21:22 PM »
No more MMOs for me... not until they invent virtual reality or something.  Or when I can jack into the Matrix and I get fed through a tube...

Offline Tamrissa

• Primarch
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2010, 02:18:33 PM »
Sent you some stuff for your house, Kith.  I sent some salesman crates for the broker.  These are nice if you want to offer other players the choice to visit your house to buy from you and cut out the broker fees.  Most people will still buy off the broker, but if you are in an easily accessible housing area, you may get more sales this way cause it can majorly cut the price for them.  (Kelethin doesn't seem to have much visiting going on due to its maze-like structure.  I may try setting up a shop with another character in Qeynos or Freeport in the future.)

If anyone else subscribes, make sure you give a yell here.  I'll send you furniture for your house and anything else I can.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2010, 07:50:16 PM »
Awesome!

I'll have to stop by my barren apartment in Freeport and decorate!

From what I've seen on the broker, those boxes aren't cheap...  Thanks!  Once I get my tailoring up I'll have to send you some large backpacks or something.

Stupid alt-itis.  Swashbucklers any good?   :P

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2010, 09:41:55 PM »
No more MMOs for me... not until they invent virtual reality or something.  Or when I can jack into the Matrix and I get fed through a tube...

Until that day comes, I think I'll get an EVE Online account.
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2010, 08:52:14 AM »
My 2 room apartment in Freeport looks awesome now, thanks to Aracela!

That stuff you sent fits perfectly.

I can't believe I spent an hour playing interior decorator in an MMO last night...   ???