Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: EQ2  (Read 24909 times)

Offline Tamrissa

• Primarch
Re: EQ2
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2010, 01:23:43 PM »
I have 13 hours left on the account.  Going to make your character that I sent all the stuff to previously a trustee for my house, so I think they'll be able to pick stuff up and take it with them.  I will send them my money and other random schtuff too...actually, I'll wait until you reply here and tell me if you still have that character before mailing anything to them.

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2010, 01:45:40 PM »
Harumph!  Tamrissa are you still able to login?  I'm still playing, in a guild and everything.  Stupid awesome vacation ruining my EQ2 wealth prospects...

I saw about the 40k MMO too.  It looks a little tooooo awesome, if you ask me.  It's mostly all just hype right now.  But I'm crossing my fingers they do sci-fi + MMO correctly.  I played Tabula Rasa and at first it was great, but class balance was waaaaay wrong, and it just kinda crapped out after awhile.  Then they shut the game down...

Tabula Rasa also had the problem of being a fairly awful FPS on top of being a fairly awful MMO.
Honestly, I think the 40k MMO needs to play something like more brutal Mass Effect.

Also, if Sanctioned Psykers don't explode violently from using their powers too frequently I'll be very disappointed.

I'm more hopeful about Old Republic and DC Universe Online right now, to be honest.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2010, 01:47:37 PM »
I'm more hopeful about Old Republic and DC Universe Online right now, to be honest.
I am definitely going to try Old Republic. The more I see of it, the more I like it.

Offline Angie

• Scout
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2010, 01:50:03 PM »
I am definitely going to try Old Republic. The more I see of it, the more I like it.

it is also the best of the star wars settings by several orders.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2010, 01:54:47 PM »
Then again, it IS Bioware. I don't think they've made a game yet that isn't at least interesting.

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2010, 02:19:10 PM »
Yes, Tamrissa.  Sylvanni is still kicking.  If I have time I'll go house raiding tonight :P

And thank you!  I'll be sure to hold onto most/a lot of it in case you want to come back.

Offline Tamrissa

• Primarch
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2010, 06:33:44 PM »
Hehe...I just maxed out Sylvanni's mail limit.  Sorry about that.  I have more crafting materials, but that's really it.  Tried to send you anything that would be worth having.  The money went first, so it's somewhere near the end of that mess.   :P

You don't need to keep anything for me, as I doubt I'll come back.  If ya don't want something, share it among guildies or sell it.  Some of the special holiday crafting material I sent might fetch a nice price depending on how flooded the market is. 

Have fun!

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2010, 12:06:22 AM »
So just out of curiosity, Tam, why the sudden change of heart on this game?

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #48 on: May 28, 2010, 06:31:02 AM »
Sylvanni?  I can only assume you couldn't think of a Character name and saw Pennsylvania and said... hmmm.  Sylvanni...    Or it's your mere subconcious altering your decision making process.   I think Freud would have much to say about your Character name...   

;)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #49 on: May 28, 2010, 10:59:29 AM »
Well, I tend to recycle character names throughout games.  It started with EQ.  I remembered a guild called the Sylvan Rangers or something.  When I started playing Flyff, Sylvan was born.  Then he was retired and Sylvanni took over.

So Sylvanni stayed and got transplanted to other various games.

And there probably could be some sort of subconcious thing happening with Pennsylvania with Sylvanni. 

Either way, thanks Tam!  Luckily I tailored some large bags otherwise I wouldn't have been able to carry all of that!  Now I just need to figure out what to do with it all...

Offline Tamrissa

• Primarch
« Reply #50 on: May 28, 2010, 01:37:55 PM »
So just out of curiosity, Tam, why the sudden change of heart on this game?

Not so much a change of heart on the game as it was a lack of time to do everything else I wanted to do, but I did lose some interest after the hubby decided to go back to regular EQ (we make a good healer/tank team).  Now we both have renewed interest in some of our old PC games and console games, so taking a break on the MMOs for a bit.  :)

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #51 on: May 28, 2010, 05:04:22 PM »
Ooo, a Healer & Tank team.  You just need a dedicated dps/crowd control and you'd be set.

Let see if I know any people who prefer dps/utility characters... oh wait, me!  :P

So, next time you guys start up a MMO, let some people know about it. 

That goes for everyone here.

I reserve the right to disapper when Diablo 3 comes out though.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #52 on: May 28, 2010, 10:46:38 PM »
Like I said earlier in this thread (I think it was this thread), I'm definitely going to be trying The Old Republic.

Offline Tamrissa

• Primarch
« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2010, 08:29:15 PM »
I'm playing LotR Online...the husband and I are giving it a try.  I'm a dirty, dirty MMO whore.  Am I allowed to say that here?   ;)

Anyway, they are starting up a Free-to-Play in the Fall.  Our goal is to be above level 50 by then, but with our time restriction I doubt it.  Let's hope that the game attracts a nice crowd.

Server:  Silverlode (possibly changing to Vilya, depending on a group of other friends)

The game seems nice.  The quests flow together quite well and it's hard to stop playing when you need to.  I'm a level 19 Elven Minstrel and the husband is a Human Champion.  Surprisingly we are stepping out of the tank/healer role and playing the character that appeals to us the most.  It may change. 

We are quite new to the game, so I'm not a good representative on whether it's a good game or not.  If you have played before and have some insight, please feel free to share!

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2010, 09:31:54 PM »
Were all on Arkenstone.

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2010, 09:37:16 PM »
Yes. We are on Arkenstone. Faidth, Sepher, Castellan and I all have accounts, though Sepher may be inactive. We haven't played in a while, but Faidth is already above 50 and I'm in the 30's. We've been talking about firing that back up, so this could be the perfect excuse.

Offline Tamrissa

• Primarch
« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2010, 10:10:31 PM »
Holy crap...nuh uh.  Well...we either need to go to Arkenstone or Vilya then before we get too attached to our current characters.  Even if we never interact, it'd be beneficial if we have characters we can hand stuff off to if we decide not to continue with the game.

Edit:  I'll let you know names once we have them created..
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 10:15:05 PM by Tamrissa »

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
« Reply #57 on: June 18, 2010, 12:04:46 PM »
 >:(

I unsubscribed to EQ2.  Sorry Tam.

They have 3 day passes for like 5 bucks now so if anyone subscribes or re-subs I can hand out some stuffs.  I was a broker whore so I have a lot of plat for anyone who needs.

I was eyeing up LORTO.  If theres a free trial I might give it a look sometime in the near future.

Although I just found a free classic EQ server http://www.project1999.org that has got me itching for some old school mmorpg tortue.  Stupid nostalgia...

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #58 on: June 18, 2010, 02:38:39 PM »
Kith, let me know if you want a free trial. I can hook you up with a buddy pass.

Offline Tyvaris

• Veteran Sergeant
« Reply #59 on: June 18, 2010, 03:03:01 PM »
I'm paid through october...  I haven't logged in since like march....