Advanced search  

News:

There is no news - all is well.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Members: 35  •  Posts: 8037  •  Topics: 486  • 
Please welcome Fallen Templar, our newest member.

Author Topic: Aion  (Read 7679 times)

Offline Daccio

• Captain
Aion
« on: April 21, 2010, 04:02:22 PM »
Anyone play Aion? I needs moar people to play with!

Offline Kitharsis

• Tirthandaran
  • Primarch
  • Who wants to build a sand castle?
Re: Aion
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 04:16:45 PM »
I never got into Aion.  And quite frankly after getting hooked with EQ2 so fast I think I'll be satisfied for quite a while.

Regardless, Aion any good?

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
    • First post after joining the board battles
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 05:12:24 PM »
I have Aion (but no current subscription) and Fei may also still have it but dunno if he is active in it either.  Aion is a fun game but unfortunately it is originally a Korean game aka it is BIG on grindfests but the graphics and gameplay are pretty nice.
Religion and greed, cause millions to bleed.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 10:58:05 AM »
There is some grinding yes, but i enjoy the questing and such so far as well. Its a pretty game and you have WINGS which is pretty cool. I'm only level 20, but im starting to get into it now.

Offline Faidth

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2010, 10:34:56 PM »
Sepher, did you talk to Michelle about Aion? Last I heard, she was still playing pretty heavily.

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2010, 10:30:27 AM »
Im trying to get to her level so i can play with her. We are on the same server :)

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »
i used to play aion but found it was a constant grind at level 30

Offline Cameron

• Knight-Elemental
  • Caretaker
    • Twitter
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2010, 07:08:49 AM »
Aion is a fun game but unfortunately it is originally a Korean game aka it is BIG on grindfests but the graphics and gameplay are pretty nice.
originally a Korean game
Korean

You're both racist.  :D

Offline Daccio

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2010, 08:39:38 AM »
Haaaahahaahahahha clutch XD

I dont mind level grinding so long as the game makes it enjoyable. So far that has been the case *shrugs*

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2010, 12:50:44 PM »
Aion is a fun game but unfortunately it is originally a Korean game aka it is BIG on grindfests but the graphics and gameplay are pretty nice.
originally a Korean game
Korean

You're both racist.  :D

hey it aint my fault if its true....game came out in Korea first and about a year later was released in Europe and the States

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2010, 07:45:28 PM »
ha ha ha ha ha.  It's unfortunate but true.  Grind is all the Koreans know.  They're like hamsters in a wheel when it comes to this stuff.  They say that Asians have 1/2 the ambition of Americans but 3 times the patience.   It would explain how they can stand in 1 spot and kill something for 42 hours and die of starvation before getting bored.

Gotta give em credit though, they make pretty games, but they're all just boring.

Offline Danyael

• Chapter Master
  • Get out of yourself and grow.
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2010, 04:28:11 PM »
ha ha ha ha ha.  It's unfortunate but true.  Grind is all the Koreans know.  They're like hamsters in a wheel when it comes to this stuff.  They say that Asians have 1/2 the ambition of Americans but 3 times the patience.   It would explain how they can stand in 1 spot and kill something for 42 hours and die of starvation before getting bored.

Gotta give em credit though, they make pretty games, but they're all just boring.

Wow.  ???  That was like a whole litany of mean, all mashed up into a burrito of funny.  ???
"Yeah, well, ya' better have a spatula where we're goin' cause my ass is frozen to this yak!" :o

Offline Fei

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »
Yeah, i realized that came off as horribly racist even though it wasn't intended.   I think the Korean MMOs are really attractive visually, but I'm still waiting for one that isn't grind heavy.  I've played many of them including Aion, Lineage 2, 2Moons (F2P), etc...

At least with lineage 2, there was a huge world you could explore while grinding, which really took away from the grind until higher levels where you ended up in the same place regardless. 

I'd kill for a Korean Style MMO that does something more than spawn enemies on your face. =P

Offline Veldanya Venalla

• Seraphim
  • Inquisitor
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »
honestly I gotta gree with Fei.  I really liked Aion visually.  It was freakin amazing.  The thing that really turned me away from it though was seeing how grind heavy even the professions were.  Dont get me wrong even games like WoW have their grinds but are no where near as bad as Korean games.  This has even been stated by a number of different articles and I even saw on a website (forget the name) that they recently attempted to overhaul the game to try and remove some of the grinding that is present.

Offline john greymore

• Marine Sergeant
  • This world is Sacred
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2010, 05:32:54 AM »

Amen. Patience and discipline equals pure win :D Also explains why Japanese have extremely long lifespans. Sadly, I'm chinese :(
Destruction begets Creation. Creation begets Interaction. Interaction begets Society. Society begets Use. Use begets Destruction.

Thus the cycle begins and ends.